VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat Will

TT never say never.  Ridgeback told me once he might consider trying BP sometime.   :o

Seems like that is how it starts. 

Remember the pull of the Darkside is stong!!!!!!
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Missouri Marshal

Who wuda thunk Flatboat Bob would be shootin BP!
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Arcey

Flatboats startin' ta flirt with it. Ever bought 'im a EPP – UG mold for 'is ROA boolits. Was lookin' for some thoughts on castin' from MM 'n me after the shootin' summit at West Point Sunday last.

Gold Rush wuz askin' a pile ah questions before the shoot the other mornin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Arcey

Sorry, cuz. Jumped the beep on that.........................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Wildcat Will

There is a picture of the BP shooters at Pungo at the end of last year.  There were seven:
MM, TT, PR, Nutmegger, Arcey, LIT and yours truely.   ;D

It will be interesting to see the size of the group same time next year. 

Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Wildcat Will

Arranged to git off w**k (dunt like to cuss on this fine forum) early and plan on droppin as many pretty little boolets as possible.
Then I just gotta git them loaded. 

There is lots of good shootin coming.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sod Buster

QuoteI really can't see Ridgeback shootin the Holy Black! 

Lefty Spurmaker shot the MD Blackpowder championship last August and won his category - 1st place 49ers.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Pony Racer

I'm a thinkin people are a wonderin - "why are them thar darkside shooters having so much more fun?"

Our smiles are a bit wider, some of us are a bit loud (what shy, quiet and reserved little me:)!!

Flatboat has been asking questions for some time and he got his guns worked on by LCR - so they won't hang up.  I think without hang-ups Flatboat will shoot them ROA's routinely.

Heck my BP bug is so bad I have loaded up 32sw long with BP for playing around with my 1895 Russian Nagants.

Wahoooooooooo

Yehawwwwwwww, I may just have to get some more badges........

If you know of VA BP shooters who would have fun with it - let me know.  I'll take care of the rest.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Wildcat Will

Quote from: Pony Racer on February 08, 2008, 03:55:04 AM
I'm a thinkin people are a wonderin - "why are them thar darkside shooters having so much more fun?"

If you know of VA BP shooters who would have fun with it - let me know.  I'll take care of the rest.

PR

Heck PR all of them would have fun with it.  They just dunt know it 'cus they aint willin to try!   ;D

sharps54

Hello the fire,
I guess I have sat out long enough, I can only milk getting married for so long.  ;D I hope to get out to either Black Creek this month (should be able to do March as well) or the Pungo shoot next month. I've got my revolvers and Henry set up but I am still working on the shotgun, those 10 gauge brass shells are expensive at $6.50 each! Anyhow I just wanted to say howdy again and that I am off for Thunder in the Brush this year so I plan on shooting that as well if they'll let me in!
Mild Myles

litl rooster

Quote from: Sod Buster on February 07, 2008, 09:39:38 PM
Lefty Spurmaker shot the MD Blackpowder championship last August and won his category - 1st place 49ers.

with Judge N.O. Hart

I guess I better start sending in entry fees
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

Just wanna say MM and I had the chance to shoot at two man team match together today.   ;D

We may not have been the fastest but we shur was the team what had the most fun.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Lucky Irish Tom

You also did a good job of eliminating any future mosquito problem too!  :o ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Sod Buster

Quote from: sharps54 on February 09, 2008, 12:46:04 PM
I guess I have sat out long enough, I can only milk getting married for so long. 

Myles, it is good to hear from you.  A few of us had wondered what you have been up to.  It will be good to see you either at Black Creek or Pungo in the near future. 

sharps54

Quote from: Sod Buster on February 09, 2008, 11:16:39 PM
Myles, it is good to hear from you.  A few of us had wondered what you have been up to.  It will be good to see you either at Black Creek or Pungo in the near future. 
Thanks Sod Buster, I look forward to getting back on the horse! My better half has told me I can finishing buying my 10 guage brass shells with the tax return money so I should be set up to shoot Frontiersman at Thunder in the Brush. I have thought about ordering a couple of boxes of shells loaded wtih BP from Republic Metallic Cartridge Co.
QuotePrice: 26.84 USD  #8 "MIGHTY TEN" 10 Gauge 2-7/8" Black Powder Shotshells (BOX OF 25)  Hard to find 2-7/8" black powder shotshells for the Sportsman featuring new high brass Federal plastic hulls, traditional Biodegradable wad columns (NO MORE MELTED PLASTIC!) 4-1/4 Drams Swiss Black Powder, 1-1/4 oz. #8 lead shot, roll crimp. 
I figure two boxes will pretty much get me through two matches, probably March and April in Black Creek. I just worry that they might be loaded a bit "hot" for CAS, what do you think?
Mild Myles

Missouri Marshal

HEY,  THE JAIL IS ON FIRE!!!!!!! :o

Naw, it's just Wildcat Will makin SMOKE! ;D

NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Sod Buster

Quote from: sharps54 on February 10, 2008, 07:34:30 AM
I figure two boxes will pretty much get me through two matches, probably March and April in Black Creek. I just worry that they might be loaded a bit "hot" for CAS, what do you think?

I'm not an expert on 10ga but I think you will be ok.  The Republic cartridges are used by CAS shooters with good results.  You might need more than two boxes though.  Black Creek's annual shoot sometimes has a scenario with 14-17 shotgun targets!  :o  :o :o
You're barrel will get hot.

litl rooster

WW is always settin somethin a blaze  ;D ;D ;D   Hope to help him at TIB but regret I will probably not make Blue Ridge this year.

Myles ditto S.B. glad yer getting back on the Dark horse. Hope to meet you soon
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Nice pics Marshall - I need to try to get to that shoot one of these months.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

sharps54

Quote from: Sod Buster on February 10, 2008, 12:20:15 PM
I'm not an expert on 10ga but I think you will be ok.  The Republic cartridges are used by CAS shooters with good results.  You might need more than two boxes though.  Black Creek's annual shoot sometimes has a scenario with 14-17 shotgun targets!  :o  :o :o
You're barrel will get hot.

SB,
No worries, I should be loading my own by the annual shoot, these will be to get me buy until I have the $ from my tax return to buy $300+ in brass 10 gauge shells!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com