Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

The Remmies make sence

watch this 
Mathew 5.9

Sod Buster

Quote from: Arcey on May 30, 2008, 02:30:29 PM
Might wanna consider these. 8" barrel. .44 ya kin stuff up good. Looks like the hammer'd be easier ta find fer a gunfrigther. Half the weight 'n half the price. No wedge ta fiddle with. Solid top strap. Cylinder removal easy.

I got a pair of them.....Remington 1858 "New Army" revolvers.  I load em up with 24 gr of FFFg and a .454 lead ball.  Sweeeet!
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on May 30, 2008, 04:15:16 PM
watch this 

I like it!  That guy has great style with his knee action to reset the loading levers when they fall down.   ;D
I would suggest a leather tie to hold them up....very period correct.

Arcey

Looks like another reason for a '58 over a Walker or a Dragoon.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Lucky Irish Tom

Shot my Remmie 58's C&B for the Last Stand at Pungo, that was some fun shooting.  I'll have them with me tomorrow if you want to have a look Will.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Wildcat Will

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on May 30, 2008, 07:59:26 PM
Shot my Remmie 58's C&B for the Last Stand at Pungo, that was some fun shooting.  I'll have them with me tomorrow if you want to have a look Will.

That I will LIT.  That I will.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Pony Racer

Come on now Will - I like my 36 C&B's!! ;D

Maybe I will have to get a pair of 44's too ;D

Wahooooooooooooooooo

Going to miss shooting with ya'll tomorrow

have fun and kill some targets for me!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on May 30, 2008, 09:01:06 PM
Come on now Will - I like my 36 C&B's!! ;D

Maybe I will have to get a pair of 44's too ;D

Wahooooooooooooooooo

Going to miss shooting with ya'll tomorrow

Now PR, you know Will ain't gonna shoot any bullet that don't start with a "4" or higher.  ;D

Yes, get a pair of 44's.  Then we all can go down to Cammie & Stump's Warthog shoot "the Big Iron Showdown" ? when no caliber lower than a "4" is allowed.   ;D

Tain't fair  :(  You should be there tomorrow too :( 

Arcey

Better mileage out a .36. Less powder. Less lead.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Wildcat Will

Must say after seein' up close P-Town's chamber fire today :o it can give one pause. 

Heeck No.  Need to work the wife into the idea slowlyl though.

Now let's see  36 .... less powder and less lead     44 .... more powder and more lead 
Which way should I go......... Like anyone needs to guess!!!   
Gotta be a 44 ;D
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Sod Buster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on May 31, 2008, 07:48:19 PM
Now let's see  36 .... less powder and less lead     44 .... more powder and more lead 
Which way should I go......... Like anyone needs to guess!!!   
Gotta be a 44 ;D

I would say that since you are a charter member of the "more powder posse", you are required to go the route that utilizes the most powder of the two.....yup....the 44.   ;D

litl rooster

One thing you need to remember when your at the loading table, with them C&B's. To always get your rifle loaded also..... ;D

Didn't get much cameraing in yesterday.....will see what the magic box comes up with later
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Quote from: litl rooster on June 01, 2008, 06:36:03 AM
  One thing you need to remember when your at the loading table, with them C&B's. To always get your rifle loaded also.....

The shooter, who will remain unidentified by me, took that l'il boo-boo well. Proud ta know the man.

I'd have ta think back ta remember a shoot with as many laffs as that one. Stages were well done, I thought. A touch warm but there ain't no controlin' that. The time of year has come to freeze the water supply the night before.

Nice turn out at Nick's. Good pards ta be with. Been way too long since some of us saw one 'nother. Met a pard I've been wantin' ta see eye ta eye for four years. Best I know ever one made it home in one piece.

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

And remember don't do the bore snakes in tha washing machine, that's what the dishwasher is for!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

I have been known to use the bathtub for cleaning at hotels for 2-3 day matches.

Just do it after taking a shower - Balistol makes for a very slick bottom of bath tub later!!

Believe me - I know - it is slick and no fun!!

I do wonder when the clean-up crew comes in whether they smell the bathroom and wonder what the heck was that guy doing in his room!! :D :o

Can't wait to shoot with my fellow posse members again.  But next two weeks my dance card is full!

Upperville Colt and Pony Show 7-8 June.  Dad's family reunion/father's day bbq 14-15 June.

I am looking to shoot the weekend of 21-22 June.  Who is shooting where?
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on June 02, 2008, 05:27:34 AM
And remember don't do the bore snakes in tha washing machine, that's what the dishwasher is for!  ;D

spent most of yesterday cleaning the washing machine....and run my brass and pistolas thru the dishwasher ;D
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

LR hope ya got the "ring around the tub" out before Montana saw it.   :o ::)

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on June 02, 2008, 06:18:00 AM
I am looking to shoot the weekend of 21-22 June.  Who is shooting where?

PR, I am shooting on 6/22 at King George (Pepper Mill Creek).  I might be shooting at Black Creek on 6/21.  Who else is?

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on June 02, 2008, 07:09:38 AM
spent most of yesterday cleaning the washing machine

OOPS!  Sorry I mentioned it  ;D ;D ;D.  Ya gotta be careful when washing dem bore snakes!

Quote....and run my brass and pistolas thru the dishwasher ;D
FYI, some people recommend you don't use the dishwasher for cleaning yer guns since there is a possibility that some lead residue could remain in the dishwasher and could get onto your dishes & eatin' utensils.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com