VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Irish Tom

Quote from: Pony Racer on April 10, 2008, 03:19:57 AM
Hey if'n one of you guys is going to show - can you look for prelubed felt wad 12 guage wads for brass shells?

I am almost out.  Just realized last night as I was looking to reload some from Mattaponi two day.

Luckily I have plenty loaded up for ROUND-UP and a coouple monthly shoots.

PR

Poney try "Track of the Wolf" online, good prices, usually have what you need in stock, reasonable shipping.  WW told me he uses the 11 gauge wads for the 12 gauge Brass Shells to get the fit right, I tried some 12 gauge in the brass shells I just got and everything would be falling out if I used the 12 gauge size.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

LIT roger that.

I have used TOW before for other things.

If'n no one has them this weekend - I will probably order through them again.

I have maybe 50-70 left but between 2 day at Mattaponi and ROUND-UP I will shortly be out.

They are so thick compared to the cards, you do not realize how quickly you are running out of them.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Lucky Irish Tom

Do they need to be that thick Poney?  I am wondering if they could be split in half so you get double for your money, it would only slightly reduce the column height.

Pony Racer

Hmmmmmmmmmm I was doing that for my little 2 inch shells.

I don't know someone might say I am being a gamer!!:)

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on April 10, 2008, 03:25:51 AM
   I heard at the last Show they charged $14 bucks admission if it's that much I won't be going to them anymore.< I worked till 2pm the day of

The actual charge is $18 for a 3-day pass or $12/day.  Still very expensive.   >:(
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Pony Racer

Wow - the last show I went to was 7 bucks with my coupon.

Since I knew I needed some things - money well spent

But whew too much just to gander

PR

Hit the road tomorrow
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

The Fire and Brimestone posse is well represented at The BRR this weekend.  Several of us unfortunately did not make it.  But from the early reports there is a lot of smoke and fire in them dar hills.  The report is it rained a bit in the morning.  Good thing it did.  Would not want to have my pards setting the mountains on fire . . . . for real!
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

litl rooster

Sure glad they had two picture perfect days for the match......unfortunately other unannounced plans put a damper in my weekend.   Hope Tensleeps or Arcey  or PR post some photos or 3
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Heck, Rooster. I didn't make it. Nothin' serious a'tall but I didn't feel werth poo-poo Friday mornin' 'n didn't think it safe ta make the drive. Kilt the room reservation 'n crashed back out.

Hated it. Sick over it. Some times ya gottah face reality.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Lucky Irish Tom

We'll all try for next year and register to be on the VA Fire and Brimstone Posse so we can shoot back to back Darksiders and smoke up the mountains.

Wildcat Will

Arcey pard hope ya feeling better.   Dang it looks like we left a lot of the smokin up da place to PR this year.  Sounds like they had a good time.  Need ta hear some stories bout the stages n all.  Some pics would be great too!!
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Pony Racer

Dang boys left the digital at home by accident but will get some pics from my throw away camera and will get the disk with pics deal.

Feather and charlie took pictures, trina and others - will try to find'em.

Will some of my brass cases are expanded due to my 1887 lever gun.  i found out on shooting line and it cost me a clean stage - dang shotgun misses - can you believe it!!?

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

Dang PR dats what ya git fur shootin that new fangled lever shotgun!   :o

You got anyway to resize em?

Lucky Irish Tom

You know them young uns gotta try out them new fangaly things Wildcat!  ;D

Pony Racer

I got a thang for shotguns!!:)

pistols too

wellt hen there are rifles............

hehehe
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on April 14, 2008, 05:44:14 PM
Dang PR dats what ya git fur shootin that new fangled lever shotgun!   :o

You got anyway to resize em? **

He didn't read the instructions...It said to use the plastic ones for "Gaming" the brass ones for looking Pretty.

**call me if you don't I can lend you mind

Arcey hope yer feeling better before May 31st   Heck I'm Hope'n LIT can at least get out and sit with us.

Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

I'm Plannin on being there to shoot lr, even if I gotta strap myself to a handtruck and have Arcey and MM roll me up to tha line.  ;D

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on April 15, 2008, 07:53:14 AM
I'm Plannin on being there to shoot lr, even if I gotta strap myself to a handtruck and have Arcey and MM roll me up to tha line.  ;D

I'll help 'm if need be
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Tom, we kin always use ya for a hay bale........

Boys, I'm as good can be expected for a broke down ole man, thankee. Just time ta time I ain't sleepin' right if at all. Thought I'd stand a chance of fallin' asleep on the interstate. Can't abide the thought of hurtin' someone else over me doin' sumthin' stupid.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Pony Racer

Well - hopefully next time we canall hoop and holler together and stay regular when it comes to getting rid of bodily stuff:)!

Reloading operations have begun as my bp 44 bullets came and i have loaded some already, all brass from match has been cleaned and the shotgun shells will be deprimed tonight and reloaded and drying(the white glue) by the weekend.

Planning on reloading around 200 44 bulets and then probably load up 400 or 500 38 spl rounds too. 

At next monthly think I will bring my 44's but finally play around with a pair of Nagants too, as well as test out my new and improved 11mm french loads - looking at the Wakefield match first of May and then TIB IV as next shooting endeavors

BTW - Dutch Henry can get us our sashes and can easily get purple and black - they are 35.00 a pop.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com