VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat Will

Wildman1 gonna check out the deringer tomorrow.  I was gonna use the 1860 Armys tomorrow but look like it will be in the upper 30s most of the morning.  Not sure the hands will work as well as they should for loading and capping.  Guess I'll stick to the RVs until it warms up a bit.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Pony Racer

WW, my thoughts too.

Awfully cold to be putting on caps... ;D

Hmmmm to 44it or 38it....

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Wildcat Will

Cold but fun day at the range in Waverly today.  Think we may have seen a couple of snow flakes during the first stage but nothing after that.  Sky never cleared up but much Smoke was make. 

Fired the .410 from the deringer and I would say it was a wide pattern but to call it a pattern might be stretching things a bit.  I need to figure out how to actually get a decent pattern at 10 feet.  I think will remove the WonderWad as there is so little barrel to foul.  That will allow me to get more shot into the case.  One suggestion was to add grits to help hold the shot together a bit more.  Just hate to waste perfectly good breakfast food in a case.  If anyone has any ideas it would be mucho appreciated.  I really want it for a snake protection. 
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Lucky Irish Tom

Two legged or belly crawling snakes WW?
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

LIT, I think my 357SIG - semi-auto pistola is better for them two legged kind...

Then again maybe both barrels of the 10 gauge would do the trick! ;D

Cold but great day shooting - my mighty ten roared into the action all day. Sarah had to go to practice for a dance recital/musical that she was in - and Momma decided it was just too cold. The smoke hung pretty good - I had to do the smoke dance on a few stages...

Planning on shooting second day of the Gathering in a couple weekends. Next weekend is Zone 3 finals in Chatham VA - dang I hope the weather man is kind - could use some temps in the 50s - please and some sunshine! ;D

PR

GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

Well I've put together three different loads for my .410 to get a more effective pattern.  I've dropped the powder load to 35 gns then for one pair I just added more shot.  With the second load I added a brown paper wad which formed a cup when inserted and added the shot..  On the final load I added some grits and then added the shot.  In all cases I removed the lubed cushion as I didn't figure with an inch to 3/4 in of barrel I really needed it.  I'm gonna test them this weekend and I'll let you know the results.

litl rooster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on March 07, 2013, 04:52:19 AM
Well I've put together three different loads for my .410 to get a more effective pattern.  I've dropped the powder load to 35 gns then for one pair I just added more shot.  With the second load I added a brown paper wad which formed a cup when inserted and added the shot..  On the final load I added some grits and then added the shot.  In all cases I removed the lubed cushion as I didn't figure with an inch to 3/4 in of barrel I really needed it.  I'm gonna test them this weekend and I'll let you know the results.

Any results yet?
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

No Smokey news but Katie B - my eldest got 2nd in her over fences division in her IEA Zone 3 finals.

I will have to brave the fields of the deep Northern territories of NY and go to Syracuse to support her Nationals final quest!

Wahoooooooooooooooooooo Yehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

Outstanding news, good luck to the budding equestrian superstar.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Wildcat Will

Quote from: litl rooster on March 10, 2013, 12:52:23 PM

Any results yet?

The results are nothing promising.  May have to resort to a heathen load and buy some ammo.  Hate to do it but not sure what else I can do.  Oh well I tried. :'(

Pony Racer

WW, i know some pards with them modern shoot guns swear by them plastic cups that they put the shot in.

Maybe with the way the 410 is - it really needs that little plastic cup thingee... or maybe when combined with such a short barrel it needs it.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Pony Racer

Thank you pards for KB - she is still on cloud nine despite all the backed up homework and typical 14 yr old drama.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Pony Racer

No shooting for me this saturday...but weather Gods willing... Sunday will be a fun day in West Piont, VA with a few of my bestest cowboy and cowgirl friends! ;D 8)

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

I have feeling my pards at WP, were soggy today.

Snowing here tonight.
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Soggy and cold but shooting was to be had 8)!

I did have Sarah sit this one out - was afraid she would just get too cold and wet and then be miserable. Plus she had been sick and getting her sick again would have put us both in the doghouse...

Wahooooooooooo Yehawwwwwwwwwwww

Lets get some SMOKEY on!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

Took a lot at the long range forecast for the Charity shoot at Waverly on March 30 and it doesn't look promising.  Rain percentage is high but so are the temps.  Hoping that will change because I still haven't taken the C&Bs out for a run since they were worked on by Nate. 

litl rooster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on March 21, 2013, 04:20:43 AM
Took a lot at the long range forecast for the Charity shoot at Waverly on March 30 and it doesn't look promising.  Rain percentage is high but so are the temps.  Hoping that will change because I still haven't taken the C&Bs out for a run since they were worked on by Nate. 

Don't feel lonely I fired 10 rounds out of mine.... hope to change that before SOM
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

WW, other than test firing some caps, that had been sitting out for some time - My Rogers and Spencers have not been fired in a match since the match we both fired C&Bs WW.

I know they miss the smoke, flame, boom, clang and STANK!

Hoping Sarah and I can shoot the charity match, we have last minute family travel plans to Northern Va but i am requesting for Sarah and i to make a side stop in Sussex for Saturday!:) ;D

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

I just posted else wheres, I should had stayed at home. I did get to shoot 5 more out of each of them. The cold air and wind made me back it in early.

They shot as they were intended too, One is a wee bit high though. Okay all of them shoot a bit high but one is a wee bit higher.
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com