VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat Will

Got my last order of stuff in from Track of the Wolf.  The tops of the new nipples are clearly larger and when I put the #11 caps on them they bear fit but fit they do.  Got the nibble wrench so I think I'm set.  I have 500 rounds of .454 balls, 500 wonder wads enough powder to hold off a small army.  I've decided not to get additional cylinders yet.  I will have to recharge at the loading table for now.  The powder charger (all be it plastic and is a lot like the one that PR had in brass), will throw 24/25 grains.  I think I'm set for March.  I may just have to see if I can go FGF instead of FCGF.  

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I know I will catch some @#$% about it, but I've downloaded the shotgun and rifle loads for back preservation.  So while the smoke will be there, some of the BOOOOOM may be missing.  :o  A fella gotta do what a fella gotta do.  ::)
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Pony Racer

WW your downloaded cartridges are probably still close to if not the same as a warthog load.

No teasing from me

Heck I am just moving 44's at 25 grains and my 44 ruskie loads is same 1.0cc that are in my 38spl loads.

Nate says hello.  He fixed the hitch in my one R&S pistol (cylinder pin would not come out) and the safety pin in Sarah's pink crickett is removed.

Interestingly the nipples in the R&S pistols are made out of berrylium and have very similar dimensions to the TRESOs.

Will since i am still a two handed shooter i will be FC - but next shoot I am shooting the R&S pistols.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Pony Racer

Well the rain has started and the wind defintely is bringing in a chill.

Guess it will be an inside the house activity day.

I will deprime and resize a bunch of 38 cases I suppose - maybe even do some priming...

V/r

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

PR I was working on priming some of the new Starline cases I got a while back with the hand primer.  I found that about 1 out of 7 or 8  gave me a lot of trouble getting the primer seated.  It was like it was not lined up correctly.  I checked I had the 45LC vis4 45-70 or the 45 ACP case holder in (not sure if they are really the same one) and it was the correct one for 45LC.  Now I have had this hand primer for 15 years or so, could it just be getting ready to be replaced?  It was a bit frustrating and I ended up stopping after about 50-60 rounds.  Thoughts?
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

litl rooster

No presip here yet.. It was 53° at midight when I went to bed, it's 39° and overcast presently. Wiating on an email on some ammo a guy has in Stafford, I want to buy. Back to work at 1800

worn out WW
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

I wouldagree with LR and say worn out WW.

Or perhaps wrong case holder but i am pretty sure the 45-70 holder is same as the 45lc case holder and works with 45 acp too.

I have a rcbs primer and other than the plastic pieces i would think that the system is pretty hard to wear out but i have no experience with the other hand primers.

Wonder if it is worth it to try to get replacement pieces or just procur a new one.

You should be able to get a new one at Bass Pro in Hampton.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

no acp is different. Remember the rim on them is differnet. Will when you seat the primer if it pushes the case out it's either the wrong one or worn out. You have loaded thousands of thoose 45 by now and that $4 part has just got worn down, is my guess

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/ammo_charts/Lee_Precision_Dies.pdfHOLDER PISTOL HOLDER PISTOL HOLDER PISTOL

Fromm Lee
1 22 Rem. Jet 1 38 Colt N.P. 11 44 S & W Russian
15 25 ACP 19 38 Super Auto 11 44 Magnum
1 256 Win. Mag. 19 38 ACP 2 44 Auto Mag.
19 30 Luger 1 38 Short Colt 2 45 Auto
19 30 Mauser 1 38 Long Colt 11 & 14  45 Colt
4 32 Short Colt 1 38 Special 11 454 Casull
4 32 Long Colt 14 460 S&W  5 455 Webley
4 32 S & W 1 357 Magnum 15 5.7x28
4 32 S & W Long 2 357 Auto Mag. 13 45 Auto Rim
4 32 H & R Mag  19 40 S & W 3 45 Win. Mag.
7 32 ACP (Auto-Prime) 19 10mm Auto 14 45 Schofield 
4 32 Colt N.P. 1 41 Long Colt 5 480 Ruger 
4 380 Auto 19  41 Action Express 5 475 Linebaugh 

Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

You are right LR.

I was getting my dillon loading plates confused with my lee holder things...

Dang whacky VA weather...with the big horse show next weekend - my next shoot is looking like the 1st weekend in March!

Need to get me some chow and then i will do some depriming.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

Went to Bass Pro Shop today and they did not have any of the Lee hand primers.  However, I went a little crazy and got the RCBS Universal priming system.  It is made of cast iron, will receive any brand of primers with ease and doesn't even need a case holder specific to a caliber.  The darn thing has a set a jaws with springs that will let you put any case in and prime away.  The only modification needed is to change the primer punch for large or small.  That takes all of about two minutes.  Cost a bit but works like a charm.  Just primed 100 rounds of new brass listening to the History channel talk about the President's little book of secrets. 

Pony Racer

I have seen those new RCBS systems...so it works well for you...

How much are those thingees?

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Major E A Sterner

Went to the Gun Show today and this followed me home...

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Wildcat Will

PR it was about $64 but it is working like a dream now.  It should also let me so my 38s for the derringer and the 45-70s without any real adjustments. 

Major Sterner it is amazing who those critters just seem to follow you home.  Make sure to feed it well as I know you will.  ;D

litl rooster

Major their easier to care for than  a puppie
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Hey I do want to give a thumbs up for the ted cash ratcheting nipple remover.

I used on my R&S pistols sunday and it works great giving right amount of torque both to get the nipples loose and then retighten.

I do have to wonder though...the nipples in the R&S are berrylium and have almost an antique looking finish.  I wonder why Euroarms and the others don't use the berrylium on the other C&Bs and if they do why cover them in some kind of blackened finish?

WW that hand primer is just like mine but i have the older style where you need the case specific holder...at only about 10.00 more thats a pretty good deal I think!:)

I will be going to the west point shoot next saturday to deliver cookies then I got to roll and get up to Md for my daughter's zone finals for her IEA equestrian show.  She scores high enough...she would got to Nationals in April (thankfully the weekend after BRR):)

Happy Presidents day Ya'll!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Major E A Sterner

G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Pony Racer

Major, I like them purchases!  The puppy is cute too:)!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Major E A Sterner

He's a bit bigger now, He's almost 6 months old now and twice that size
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

Major seems like if the puppy got bigger and the pistola did not, ya autta be able to get a second one to make up for the first one not growing.  ;D ::) :o

Pony Racer

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ;D
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com