VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricky Trina

The one thing I have learned shooting the Holy Black (ALWAYS capialtzed!) is do not shoot with your mouth open!  It's a lot of fun, but as much as it causes "stink," it tastes BAD.....   :P

Smiling and yelling, "YEEEEE HAAAAAW!" is socially acceptable at any time before, during and after the stage - just make sure the smoke is moving away from your oral cavity.....

Choking the RO, spotters and others standing close is a MUST!  If'n they can't see a miss or a procedural, they can't penalize you fer it! 

Soul soothing smoke, boom, stink and AAAACK!  Too bad I can't be there to partake in the joy and jubilation!

...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Sod Buster

Quote from: Tricky Trina on February 22, 2008, 05:27:18 PM
The one thing I have learned shooting the Holy Black (ALWAYS capialtzed!) is do not shoot with your mouth open!  It's a lot of fun, but as much as it causes "stink," it tastes BAD.....   :P

You aren't a mouth breather are ya?  ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Tricky Trina

Only when the ol' sinuses are actin' up......   8)
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Lucky Irish Tom

Shouldn't have any sinus problems shootin tha Holy Black Trina!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Wildcat Will

Sod Buster happy to hear everything went well with your father.   :)

Okay now let me get all of this straight.  I got pulled to the Darkside (always capitalize Darkside) by my good friends Arcey and The Wildman.  Most of the pull was because the two of them seemed to be having entirely too much fun.  Now it was the Fire and Smoke and BOOOOM   Yeeeeee  Haaaaaaaaa   ;D   that I really enjoyed. 

I kinda figured the Stink was simply one more way to cause the RO and the spotters to gag.   :o ;D ::)  Nothin I like better than seeing the RO standing as far away as possible.   ::    Course I also have ta laugh when the RO looks to the spotters and they all start looking at each other and saying "I didn't see any misses."   ;D

Now TT I aint never particularly tasted the glorious Smoke.  I always thought just breathing it in was nuff fir me. ;D
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Wildcat Will

Dang weather dun me in agin!   :'(   Just kant see spending $50 in gas hoping we will be able to shoot.  Guess I am passing on West Point today.   :'(
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Lucky Irish Tom

As the last shoot I could make before my surgery I kinda feel the same way only stronger WW.  It would have been my first time shooting at West Point.  I won't be a Pungo next weekend because it's my weekend to be On-Call.

Pony Racer

WW and LIT, that is good part about do family visits usually the weekend I go to shoots.  Otherwise, it would feel rotten to drive all the way down for nothing.

LIT we will miss you at Pungo - looks like we have Mild Myles back for that weekend and with WW's help - shooting dirty and stinky!!:)

The weather has been pretty raining up here - so I may even not get to shoot in the back paddock at parents to test some things out - just too slick.

Here is hoping for good weather next weekend.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Tricky Trina

Dang Tom, I doan get ta see ya agin..... Mebbe I ain't prayin' hard enuff to the Lord of the Soot (agin, always capitalized).....

I saw some fierce rain comin' down about 9:00, but when I called MM and he didn't answer, I assumed, and correctly, that the shoot was still on..... I wuz still stuck in the pumpkin patch......

Doing a sun dance for next weekend though!  I need a little more practice before raidin' Andersonville!   ;D 

Sod Buster

All Y'all missed a good shoot today at West Point.   I came.....where was you?!?  :)
Sorry you weren't there.  It didn't rain but was colder than we all expected.

Missouri Marshal

Well ya'll should have been there.  It wuz dry but got a bit cold, never did see 50f, that's fur shur.  We had 25 shooters, shot 2 posses and wuz done and packed up by 1:45.   After the match some of us went to Nick's, warmed up, had had some good food and great socializin.  Sod Buster, Goosefoot and myself made sure that the Fire and Brimstone Posse was well represented with great clouds of white billowing smoke jus hangin in the damp calm air(couldn't see a durn thing) ;D  Loud BOOOOMS and STINK!
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Pony Racer

I am looking forward to next saturday big time!!

Gots to shoot dirty and stinky.

Heck I even had BP loads worked up for a Nagant revolver I want to try.

I think I will shoot my 44's for the match and bring the 38's just in case.

PR

Missed making smoke but looking forward to it next saturday.

SB - you think you can make it and drag LR down there?  I will probably go down friday night.

GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on February 23, 2008, 06:25:34 PM
SB - you think you can make it and drag LR down there?  I will probably go down friday night.

You probably won't see us at Wakefield since Cavalier starts next Sunday.  It is the same weekend and closer to us.

Lucky Irish Tom

Sorry I missed all of you, sounds like you had a great shoot.  I figured the rain would stop, but I didn't want to take a chance of slipping and falling with this knee.  It will most likely be May before I can shoot after my surgery, if everything goes okay.  If it ddoesn't I might have to slap a SASS sticker on a hoveround and build a tow behind gun cart!  ;D

Once I get back on my feet I hope to be loading smokey, stinky brass shotgun shells and casting my own bullets for my smokey and stinkey rifle and pistol rounds.  Y'all make plenty of smoke, and flame, and BOOM, and stink, especially at Pungo while I am convalescing.

Pony Racer

SB, I plum forgot about Cavalier.

Maybe in April we can all drive down together.

When does Fredericksburg start back up?

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

sharps54

Speaking of up coming matches, I'll be at Pungo this coming Saturday but will miss Cavalier Sunday as I will be driving up to PA to visit Dad. Work will keep me from KC's Corral on the 15th and I believe there isn't a match at West Point on the 16th. Work will also keep me from the 2 day match on the 29th-30th of March and the Pungo match on April 5th. So I think the next match after this Saturday I can make is the Cavalier match on 6 April, have I missed any?
Thanks!
Mild Myles

Wildcat Will

Hated to miss West Point but just as I was about to start loading the truck, thunder started and it just seemed a bit risky.  Went to the parents house and took care of some chores I was gonna do today.   Of course today is beautifully sunny so maybe I can get into the shed and cut up some lead bricks I got a while back.

litl rooster

combination of poor weather forecast and I've been fighting off the crud, kept me away this week.  I will be back with some luck next week.....I've been needin' a Darkside fix for some time
Mathew 5.9

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on February 24, 2008, 06:24:48 AM
When does Fredericksburg start back up?

They start back up in March as well. 
March:  3rd Sunday  (no West Point shoot & 4th Sunday is Easter)
April: 4th Sunday   (normal scheduled date)
May: 2nd Saturday (conflicts on both 3rd & 4th Sundays)
June-November: 4th Sunday (normal)

Come & help make smoke, boom, and stink since the MD there doesn't like it that much.  ;D

Pony Racer

Sounds like I'll be shooting in fredericksburg in April - since the first part of the month will be Lexington, VA.

I will be doing stuff with family first weekend in April, since I am gone for three days that next weekend.

PR

I am trying to shoot the two day at Mattaponi at end of March
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com