VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pony Racer

Tom, I have some .454's i will try those and if i get good with them will stay with them until I get some .457's.

I may look at local stores to see if I can find any .457's

Thanks

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

litl rooster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on January 30, 2012, 04:47:59 AM
Just pulled the trigger on the credit card for a pair of the 1860 Army Steel Sheriff models from Taylors.  ;D  :o  :o  ;D

No conversions gonna keep 'em C&B for now.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

smells like............................Victory!

.454   shaves a small lead ring in my Uberti .44 Army.   Just the way I like it.
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

Got word on the telephone, the motorized pony express should be bringing me some gifts either tomorrow or Friday.  ;D :o ;D :o ;D

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Pony Racer

I got me my second R&S pistola via the brown coach pony this afternoon!!!

Wahoooooooooooo the timing and lock-up is good to go on this one too!

Dang WW just in time for a little show and tell on saturday...

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

What are you guys using for lube when loading the cylinders?    ???
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Pony Racer

I only use a prelubed wonder wad.

The 60's that nate sold to Tom were set up for either conicals or balls and when Nate used conicals he pan lubed the conicals to where they carried their own lube.

I also know folks who use various lube mixes to seal chamber but i figured the wonder wad does that under the bullet anyway.
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

I'm with pistolas  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D   They arrived this morning.  I'll bring them along to the match.  I have some #11 caps but no lead.  The book recommends .454 for the balls.  Also they call for FFF and I only carry FF.  That shouldn't be a problem should it?

I'm with pistolas    ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wildcat Will

Ordered wonder wads and .454 balls for the pistolas.  I also orders .760 balls for the original Whitney percussion musket.  Nate feels it is safe to shoot and that means it must be shot.  As best can be determined it is a 1812 model1 flintlock that was converted to percussion in the 1840's or 50's. 

Saturday's gonna be fun!!!!!!!!!

Pony Racer

SWEET!

I have 454's, german caps and 44 sized wonder wads

I will bring them with me even if I don't have time to wipe down my R&S pistolas for firing.

I have a flask but wow the slider piece is pretty stiff...

Will I will bring you a can of 3f to try vs the 2f - i think with 44's 2f should be fine!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

I shoot ffg in mine, I just looked in the flask and that's what was in it.  I also just straight crisco over the balls. I have tried other stuff including the wads but crisco was the best for me.

I did some horse trading today and came home with something dark that goes bang.   It is a sickness

Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

You bought one of them evil shoot all day black guns...the horror... :P ;D

Will it shoot the HOLIEST of POWDERS?

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

PR I wiped down the outside of the new pistolas.  as they were a bit oily.  I guess I should run a patch through the barrels and the cylinders.  One of the wedges is difficult to get back in and the barrel is a really tight but does go on and off with a bit of effort (same pistola). 

I would like to run a stage with them.  I think if everyone thinks FF is good I'll bring some along with my powder measure and a can of Goex. 

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA   :-[  Opps that one slipped out.

litl rooster

Quote from: Pony Racer on February 02, 2012, 09:41:51 PM
You bought one of them evil shoot all day black guns...the horror... :P ;D

Will it shoot the HOLIEST of POWDERS?

PR

Evil and Black yes, the operator would probably need a nap and not make it all day.  I suppose it could shoot the Holiest of Powders if one wanted it too. 

WW I think you will find the wedge will get easier to use, after a little use. A fine stone to the edges(remove any burrs) wouldn't hurt it. But you don't want to remove too much metal.
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

LR sounds nice!

WW - I'll bring the 3f anyway - if you want to try some thats fine - i barely use 3F anymore for anything.

I won't be shooting that much tomorrow  :-[ - daughter has been selected for an award this saturday ;D - so I can come in the am but need to hit road no later than noon to be do my Daddy Pony Pulling support duties.

if I can get them R&S guns scrubbed alittle sure would be nice to pop a few caps to try them out before the match maybe...

I will be coming for the am and have the powder to deliiver - so no worries there!

WAHOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Lucky Irish Tom

Well I won't make it tomorrow, seems a little stomach virus snuck up and ambushed me.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Sod Buster

I'm still comin' with 2-3 1860's.  :)
I typically use either Wonder Wads under the balls or Crisco over the balls. 
I use #10 caps onTresco nipples and 3F.  I have not tried 2F. 

I haven't shot any of these yet so I don't know how many stages I will attempt.

Should be fun!
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Pony Racer

SB how did you fare?

The R&S pistolas did great.

I think WW likes his too - they went BOOM and rang steal true!
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

PR:

All three of my new 1860 Army's performed flawlessly!  I had a blast shootin' them. 
How did WW like the 24-25 grains of powder?  If it wasn't enough for him he could go with a larger spout.  I noticed a video that Bottom Dealing Mike posted here where he used a 30gr spout on his 44cal 1851 Navies.  I may try something larger myself.

Glad your R&S pistolas did great as well!  We will all need to shoot them during a match soon.  LR, you too!

Sod Buster

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCKY IRISH TOM!

Pony Racer

Happy B-Day LIT!

He may go with 30.

BTW - a search of the internet reveals that the possible shop has best price on balls right now with them just under 13.00.

Most places i have seen them 15.00 plus.  I may stop by my local Dicks before i order some just to make sure.

I you want the .451's i have i will give them to any .451 shooter I obviously won't be using them.

Hey do you take your nipples off everytime? you shoot the C&B's?

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com