VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat Will

Merry Christmas to all my Darkside pards and may God bless us one and all.

God Bless our service men and women in the military, police forces, firefighters and EMTs.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Sod Buster

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Lucky Irish Tom

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and getting ready for a super duper New Year.

So LIT and WW ya'll get ready to mkae some Smoke?

I still have a Powder delivery to make!

Oh great weather fairy please let us be able to shoot this coming saturday!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Wildcat Will

Hope the weather is kind to us and we get to start the year off right with lots of Fire, Smoke, BOOOOOOOOOM and Stink.   ;D

PR lookin' forward to seein' ya agin.  It has been a bit and we need to git the posse ridin' agin.  Lookin' forward to git more of the Holy Black.

Should mention that I will be a grampa agin (#5) in April.  This will be my second grandson!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Mad Monte McCrae

I can't wait to shoot this Sat also.  I really don't care how cold it gets.  Looks like it will be the 1st year at Wakefield it's not in the 70's.  I will be bringing the new knockdown with me.  Hope to set it up during the lunch break so we can all try it out.  Been sitting in my garage since Comin' at 'Cha.  Got 3 new SASS/Dooley Gang members in the house also ;D
"Life isn't like a box of Chocolates... Its more like a jar of jalapeños.  What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

litl rooster

got an Teleygraphic letter from Enid City Kid sed, they still makin' smoke on Sunday
Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

Wildcat Will

Happy New Year to ya'll. 

Spent this week loading and managed to get 800 rounds loaded.  Now if we can only manage to get the weather to cooperate so I can do some shootin'!!!!!   :o :o :o

Sod Buster

I see that the Pungo match is cancelled again tomorrow due to weather/ground conditions.

What needs to be done to solve this?  Is it solvable?
Would a delivery from a turf farm help solve the problem?

Mad Monte McCrae

Quote from: Sod Buster on January 01, 2010, 10:52:58 PM
I see that the Pungo match is cancelled again tomorrow due to weather/ground conditions.

What needs to be done to solve this?  Is it solvable?
Would a delivery from a turf farm help solve the problem?

It is solvable in.  There needs to be a few things done to the range.  1st the Floor needs to be raised about 18"  when I was still on the ASC board I figured it to be about 8 dump truck loads.  Then it needs to be leveled for proper drainage.  2nd thing that needs to be done is to build a wall separating the  50m and 100m ranges.  From the last board meeting I went to the wall project was in the works but moving at snails pace.  $$$$ is the biggest factor right now.  The last thing that needs to be done is plant some foliage into the berms so they keep from falling.  I offered to transplant some Kudzu and English Ivy from my yard but was told no. Something about 4-H not wanting it to take over the entire complex. Never know some still might get planted when no one is watching.  Then main issue I see at the range is 4-H has a agenda and so does ASC but neither has the same one.       
"Life isn't like a box of Chocolates... Its more like a jar of jalapeños.  What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Wildcat Will

PR my next planned shoot is the Saturday West Point shoot on Jan23 (assuming it is going to happen).  Ya think ya might be able to make that one?

Pony Racer

I am going to try and shoot that one!! :)

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

Wildcat Will

Sounds like a plan.  Perhaps the temps will be somewhere over the freezing mark! ::)

PR I still have the money for the BP tucked in my wallet where I put it with the hope that we will some day be able to shoot together agin! :D

Has anyone heard the dates for the Blue Ridge Roundup?  I know it is normally the second or third week of April but my fifth grandkid is due to come onto the scene on April 10.  I want to start making my annual matches list for this year. 

Pony Racer

So far the long term outlook looks better for that ;D

At this point I want to see my cowboy friends for the first time since mid fall and deliver some powder.  I think I will mess around with my french pistols again.  Nate and I have been chatting about converting them into a more cowboy friendly caliber - and as along as I continue to use BP at about 1.0cc to 1.3cc the guns are built for that power of BP loads.  It will ruin their collector value but I like them and doubt I will ever want to trade/sell them

I have been reloading and have completely replaced my stocks of powder, cleaned and primed brass (although probably need to do another couple hundred or so of 38spl), and bullets.  I have reloaded the rest of my 44 russian brass and have started on my 38spl reloads - hoping to get another 200 done this weekend.

Nate has my 44 Rusky Open Tops that needed a tune up and another pair of open tops in the making with the older style R&D non-gated conversions and another pair of 36 Navy C&B's.

I should get official orders in next couple weeks so I am holding off signing up for the spring/summer matches until i get those orders.

I should be good for the early spring matches but we'll see. 

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Lucky Irish Tom

I'm considering West Point as well!

Sod Buster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on January 09, 2010, 04:57:01 AM
Has anyone heard the dates for the Blue Ridge Roundup? 

I just checked the calendar on the club's website - www.blueridgeshooters.com.  It shows a 3-day Cowboy match Saturday-Monday on April 17-19.  The SASS Calendar of Annual matches also shows these same dates. This seems odd to me that they would schedule Sat-Mon.

There is nothing yet on the Blue Ridge Regulator's website yet - www.brrcowboy.com.

That same weekend is the NC State Blackpowder Championship (Fri-Sat - 4/16 & 4/17) so some of our NC pards may have to choose which one to attend.

litl rooster

SB will that be the same week of your annual Vegas (strickly buissness trip ::))?

I am not sure if I can do West Point, I'll know later this week.

I am loading .44wcf's with "Killer's" help. She point's what I drop on the floor for me. Just opened my last brick of Large primers
Mathew 5.9

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on January 09, 2010, 02:31:54 PM
SB will that be the same week of your annual Vegas (strickly buissness trip ::))?
It usually is.  This year's NAB convention is April 10-15 so if the Round-Up does not change their dates, I should be able to attend <fingers crossed>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com