VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

I shared this with Sod Buster earlier thought the rest of you would like it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4FCVEjPLdk&feature=related
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

I don't ever wanna get that guy PO'd at Me!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Pony Racer

Nice shooting that thar cowpoke is doing!!

Me, I like my targets up a little closer:)

Will try the mustard based pull pork BBQ it is awesome while down in SC!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Wildcat Will

PR I spent 'bout 4 yrs in the Aiken area and came to LOVE the Carolina BBQ.  I will be lookin' fur some. 

Had a bit of a scare today.  My oldest daughter (26) called me from Norfolk General.  She had gotten a finger on her right hand infected and the antibiotics were not working.  The decided on surgery and made two small cuts around the first knuckle to suck out the bad stuff.  She is doing better and I am teaching her some of my trigger finger exercises to make sure it does not stiffin up.  The scare was that when she called I thought she said she had an infection in her Head and they were going to take her in for surgery.  Boy was I relieved to get the the hospital this morning to find out it was her hand.  I stayed with her until she came out of the surgery and we decided it was alright for me to continue with the trip. 

Most happy she is fine, but also happy to still be able to make the trip.  Weather however, is looking a bit cool and damp.   50% chance of rain and temps in the upper 40's lower 50's. 

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The wife is alright with me going because it is a good excuse to get both daughers and the four grandyounguns as house guest for the weekend.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

litl rooster

Quote from: Pony Racer on March 12, 2009, 06:20:21 PM

Will try the mustard based pull pork BBQ it is awesome while down in SC!!

PR

Murices's  ummmmmm ummmmm
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Hey VA smokepole shooters and everyone else too

Taylors in Winchester now has an FFL - they sell guns right there!!

Wahoooooooooooo

next work day that I am off I am heading to Taylors - hey SB or LR or whomever in Nor Va - we could have a "cowboy shoping day!!"
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on March 13, 2009, 06:03:25 PM
Hey VA smokepole shooters and everyone else too

Taylors in Winchester now has an FFL - they sell guns right there!!

Wahoooooooooooo

next work day that I am off I am heading to Taylors - hey SB or LR or whomever in Nor Va - we could have a "cowboy shoping day!!"

Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll use those extra pennies that Obama put in my paycheck!  :P
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

litl rooster

Quote from: Sod Buster on March 13, 2009, 07:14:02 PM
Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll use those extra pennies that Obama put in my paycheck!  :P

I use them to pay my taxes
Mathew 5.9

ndnchf

I bought my Uberti .50-95 1876 Winchester directly from Taylor's in November.  I drove up there and browsed the inventory to pick out the one I wanted. The way it worked then was they drove me and the rifle over to a local gunshop who handled the transaction.  Maybe its different now. Either way, they are great folks to deal with and everything went smoothly.
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Pony Racer

NDNCHF - supposedly now you can do it all right there!!

Something to remember when i finally get my 1876.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

sharps54

PR, you will love your 1876, I had the pleasure of going with NDNCHF to pick up his and his grin was something to see!  ;D  The hassle of getting set up for .50-95 was a little more daunting but that is behind him and he scaring folks off the line with that big cannon, I just hope I get a chance to shoot it soon!

Mild Myles

litl rooster

Myles you have been hiding out somewheres.......
Mathew 5.9

sharps54

Quote from: litl rooster on March 15, 2009, 09:55:42 AM
Myles you have been hiding out somewheres.......

LR,
I have indeed, I got caught up with the N-SSA and spent most of last year shooting clay pots!  :o  That said for a couple reasons I need to back away from that sport for a while which will free me up to come out and shoot some steel!  ;D

I plan on shooting at least half a match at KC's Corral this month (I need to be back up here in Stafford by 5pm that day  :( ) and the next match I can make after that is Pungo on May 2nd. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to squeeze in 10 or 11 matches by the end of the year! 

The bad news is I won't be shooting holy black at Black Creek this month but by the time I am back on my feet and shooting in May I should be shooting all black powder, all the time!  ;D

I don't know if he'll be with me at KC's but my son, "Hawkeye Wyatt", will be coming out to learn the sport throughout the year. I have a set of shooting irons for him but I don't know when he'll be ready for "prime time."

I look forward to seeing everyone again real soon!

Mild Myles

litl rooster

Quote from: sharps54 on March 15, 2009, 10:15:30 AM
LR,
I have indeed, I got caught up with the N-SSA and spent most of last year shooting clay pots!  :o  That said for a couple reasons I need to back away from that sport for a while which will free me up to come out and shoot some steel!  ;D

Mild Myles

I need to spend less time in Sutlers row and more time watching them shoot those pots
Mathew 5.9

sharps54

Sutler's Row and the money I have spent there is another reason I haven't been shooting steel with you guys!  :-[

ndnchf

I had fun watchin' Myles spend HIS money on Sutler Row ;D  Of course, this was after I had spent a pretty penny too.  It is the best place to go for antique gun parts, bits 'n pieces.  Hmmmm come to think of it, we made need to go up for one day of the spring nations.  I need a few bits 'n pieces for my new trapdoor project....

PR - if you are thinking about an 1876, you can't go wrong with a Taylors version.  I shoot mine at NVGC pretty regular.  Your welcome to take a few shots with it, if'n your around.  Its nuthin' fancy, just a basic '76 shootin' a puny little .50-95 round.  But it does attract attention and is a blast to shoot  ;D
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

litl rooster

Got the spring dates marked in my calendar
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Thanks NDNCHF - i hope to take you up on your kind offer.

I scare people when i let loose my 43 spanish roller and one of my good friends really scares off people when he touches off his 50 caliber berdan.

They are a hoot to shoot

had pleasure of meeting up and doing window shopping with LR other day - overheard a soon to be new cowboy shooter talking about getting his six guns ready to go.

Myles - hey I still have your smokey badge i think or did Ifinally get that to you?

Be great to shoot with everyone again

I even should have my 38spl conversions ready to shoot again real soon - went out of timing after 4 years of shooting.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

I am looking forward to shooting with all of you soon.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Wildcat Will

Raid on Andersonville update.   They are considering renaming it to Rain on Andersonville.   ;D  ;D  ;D

We had a light dizzle Saturday and we were able to shoot the six stages scheduled.  However, only about half the people showed up.  We were down to 8 people on our posse so we ended up combining with a posse with 5 people.  The stages were interesting although the Texas Star for the pistols kicked my butt as always (left one on).  

I did get told that it was fun to watch me shoot with all the fire coming out of the pistol barrels.    8)  Also got to talk to a couple of darksiders.  I got talking to a SC cowboy who had a different mixture for cleaning guns.  I cannot remember the name of the soap but it was mixed with water and alcohol and he said it worked like a charm.

Must say a rain and Balistol make for slippery guns.  But they do clean up easy at the end of the day.

All in all it shot really crappy but made copious amounts of smoke, fire, BOOOOM and stink.

Today I decided a real rain would not be fun to shoot in so decided to head back home, which is why I am home early.  

Must say I am looking forward to shootin with the VA F and B posse again.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com