VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

and another Congrats from here also
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Whatcha know 'bout that...  #4.....

Got two myownself. Spent the weekend here. Don't think I could handle four.

Good on ya 'n the Mizzes, Will.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Pony Racer

Those of you who shot with my posse yesterday probably saw me fidgitting with my stevens riverside shotgun yesterday.  I took it apart last night and the sear and the left hammer was toast, the right side is wearing very thin too - only matter of time.  I will keep it/get it fixed at some point and shoot BP skeet at parents farm but will not put it through competition paces again.

Will, next time you clean your gun - open up them internals - my gun was checked out a year ago but obviously the older metal was put through more paces than use to nd was giving out.

If anyone has seen one or wants to get rid of one - I am in the market for a Modern made hammered double.  I would prefer a TTN hammered double but am open to others.

I did learn that a double blast of my BP loads will take down and flip over shotgun targets!!:)

PR

GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Wildcat Will

As soon as I find out if my daughter is giving me another buckaroo or buckarette I will let ya'll know. 

PR I have ta 'gree wit LR on this one.  If ya kin see the targets and folks aint a coughin and fussin 'bout the Smoke and Stink, it jus aint as much fun.  ;D   ;D    ;D   Wit that said, it still would have been better than a good day of chores or work.   ;D :o ;D
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Pony Racer

LR was right it was so windy that on a few stages II was wondering if I was shooting smokeless by some wacko accident!!:)

Course I wasn't!!

Not as fun for sure - but better than a day not shooting.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

;D  Flatboat Bob did tell me I needed mo powder in my shot shells ;D, the wind blew it up along the new wall right in his face
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Oh and no more cheaper than elmers white glue for me.

I had 4 shotgun shells lose their internals - luckily before I hit the line.

My 66 is fixed - the screw on the left side of the frame worked a little loose during the match and as I reloaded for the 5th stage would not work.  I discussed with Sam Hades and a few others - tightened up screw and - tada - the gun works flawlessly.

I had very little blowback - like some experience.  I had a pretty good crimp on the 45lc rounds - may back off just a tad - but wonder if those experiencing significant blowback with their 45lc just are not crimping enough.

Shot dirty with no misses yet again - wahoooooooooooooo!!

Hoping to shoot wakefield in a few weeks.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

you and Potter both had some blow back issues. I put a heavy crimp on 'm .45-.44rus and the .38's  my .44-40 I put a slight crimp
Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

Congrats Grampaw WW!

Good going on the dirty match PR!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

Thanks LIT:)!!!

been awhile since I shot with you.

Hey I have an IT type question for the IT types.

My home internet is not working - my cable modem checks out fine but where that cable hooks into my laptop there is a amber and green light on either side of the cable and the "amber" color light is staying on and the green is not.

Any ideas?

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

Call the highway department the the light is not cycling ;D
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Computer fixed.

So who all is shooting in wakefield on 06 Dec??

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Arcey

When they tell ya be sure ta remind 'em ta bring a toy so the Marines might help brighten up Christmas mornin' a l'il for some poor kids.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Pony Racer

All you-ns who are attending - bring in one of them toys things like you gind at Wally Word, Target, Toys R'us, and various other local 5 and dime stores - to the match.

It don't even have to be wrapped - it will make you feel good.

And hey - this time of year most of yuins probably need a good star next to those not so good marks that Santa keeps track of - I include myself right along with ya!!:).

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Arcey

litl rooster

give a little credit to the "jarheads" that keep the program going year after year
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Everyone needs a few atta boys this time of year. That's a good idea to bring a toy to the shoot. We have Santa Cop where we donate toys to underpriviledged kids.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Pony Racer

Texas Law Dog Semper Paratus - Bravo Zulu to all the Law Dog programs that get kids some needed merriment around the holidays.

To all the marines I know, the ones I have mett throughout my career and the ones I have not - Bravo Zulu for your Toys for Tots program.  It is known and respected worldwide for the joy it brings year after year.

Are we doing a Toys of Tots drive at 6 Dec Wakefield shoot???
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Missouri Marshal

Quote from: Pony Racer on November 21, 2008, 01:38:42 PM
Texas Law Dog Semper Paratus - Bravo Zulu to all the Law Dog programs that get kids some needed merriment around the holidays.

To all the marines I know, the ones I have mett throughout my career and the ones I have not - Bravo Zulu for your Toys for Tots program.  It is known and respected worldwide for the joy it brings year after year.

Are we doing a Toys of Tots drive at 6 Dec Wakefield shoot???

Yes, It will be in the match announcement.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Pony Racer

GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com