Minutes of the 29th Territorial Congress

Started by Lone Gunman, August 19, 2007, 02:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Gunman

The minutes of the 29th Territorial Congress have been posted to the website and can be read by clicking HERE.
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Shotgun Steve

Howdy Folks,

After reading the minutes I have a question regarding Item C.  Why is the Cimarron
S&W revolver being removed from the approved list? I do not own one but I would
like to know the reasoning behind it. Thanks in advance folks.

Shotgun Steve
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Will Ketchum

Steve, in reality no guns were removed.  What was done is that the phrasing was changed.  When the Uberti Schofield was approved it was the only Smith & Wesson clone being made so it wasn't mentioned by name but merely called the Uberti Smith & Wesson.  It was felt that as other models become made that under the phrasing they would be automatically approved.  This we felt would lead to problems if a company made a gun that they called a certain model but in fact it didn't bare a remarkable resemblance to the originals.

All the S&W clones that were legal before still are additionally we approved the Beretta Laramie which is very much like the S&W New Model number 3s.

I hope this explains it.  If not perhaps someone else will take a crack at it.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Shotgun Steve

Thank you Sir! That explains it just fine. I was just curious thats all.
I appreciate it Will. Take care.

Shotgun Steve
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Deadeye Don

Will,   That is the way I read the change also.   They just updated the verbage.  Trust me, if they approved the Laramie, the Uberti made clones are clearly still approved!!!   I am sure someone who was actually at the meeting will chime in.   Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

gw

Quote from: Deadeye Don on August 20, 2007, 06:33:02 AM
Will,   That is the way I read the change also.   They just updated the verbage.  Trust me, if they approved the Laramie, the Uberti made clones are clearly still approved!!!   I am sure someone who was actually at the meeting will chime in.   Safe shooting.  Deadeye.

Will was at the meeting and how he explained it is correct----when the Schofield was originally approved, it was the only S&W repro. model made, so now that the Russian and Laramie have come along, the definition of Uberti S&W was just too vague to cover the 3 distinct models----now it does.  We can only hope Uberti decides to make a reasonably close copy of the S&W American. ???
NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

Lone Gunman

Quote from: Shotgun Steve on August 19, 2007, 04:04:57 PM
Why is the Cimarron S&W revolver being removed from the approved list?

Looking at it now the motion should have removed the words "Navy Arms" as well. Neither Cimarron nor Navy Arms manufacture firearms.  The Cimarron version of the Schofield was manufactured by Armi San Marcos and the Navy Arms version was manufactured by Uberti. 
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com