revolver stickin in my holster

Started by buck, August 17, 2007, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buck

>:(   OK... now why does the front sight want to stick while im tryin to draw my revolver out of my right holster?  The left one seems to be ok...for now.  Any tricks of the trade you can share with me?

Skullyville Tom

I was having a similar problem, with careful examination I found that the tightness was around the ejector housing near the end of the barrel, I had to stretch the holster some to get it to loosen up.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt

Trailrider

Quote from: buck on August 17, 2007, 10:16:09 PM
   >:(   OK... now why does the front sight want to stick while im tryin to draw my revolver out of my right holster?  The left one seems to be ok...for now.  Any tricks of the trade you can share with me?

You may need to do some additional wet-fitting to the holster, possibly stretching the holster from the pocket that may have formed with the gun all the way in the holster up to the top.  Same with the ejector thumbpiece.

Go to the hardware store and get a 7/8" diameter piece of hardwood dowel; also a 1/2" and a 3/8" dia. piece.  Round one end of each piece with a wood rasp or file, and sand smooth.

Get a Ziplok baggie and stick the gun in it, wrapping the baggie tightly around the gun.  Wet the leather by running lukewarm tap water inside and out.  Just fill the holster, wait fifteen-thirty seconds and then dump the water out.  Wet the outside just long enough so the leather is wet.  Smooth off any water droplets to prevent watermarking.

Stick the gun in the holster and work it around a bit.  If you can see a definite pocket where the front sight and/or the ejector thumbpiece contact the inside of the holster, take the 7/8" dia. dowel and work it down into the end of the holster body.  Use the 1/2" or 3/8" dowel to form a "trough" from the pocket formed by the ejector thumbpiece up toward the top of the holster.

Draw and reinsert the gun several times.  Don't OVERDO this, as you can always repeat the stretching and forming while the leather is still damp.  Allow the holster to dry several hours with the gun in the holster, then remove the gun and allow to dry for at least 6 hours or overnight.  Remove the gun from the baggie, and reinsert into the holster, working the gun in and out as necessary.  Remove the gun from the holster and wipe it off with RIG or gun oil to prevent rusting.

Hope this helps...

Your Pard,
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Major 2

rub some bore butter into the holster too....
when planets align...do the deal !

buck

Thanks Pards...for the replies  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com