July/August Shootist.

Started by Vernon/IN, August 11, 2007, 07:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernon/IN

Hello the camp.

The July/August Shootist arrived here yesterday (Daleville Indiana).

There are quite a few pictures from Hooten and the NRA convention.  I've not had a chance to read it, but it looks good.

Vernon
Hirams Rangers #14
NCOWS # 527
The American Plainsman Society
AZSA #83L
NRA
NMLRA
WartHog
Soot Lord
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)

gw

Got mine yesterday too, sure is a NICE COVER photo, wonder who those guys were???? ;D
Also, its very good to get an issue while it's still current(still Aug.).  I think the Shootist problem has been solved once and for all. Good! :)
NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

French Jack

Mine arrived Friday.  Great job.  Now to get the May-June issue!!!  I bet that former printer is still sitting on it.  Thanks for getting the kinks out and getting on the road with a new printer. 
French Jack

Delmonico

Quote from: French Jack on August 12, 2007, 11:15:12 AM
Mine arrived Friday.  Great job.  Now to get the May-June issue!!!  I bet that former printer is still sitting on it.  Thanks for getting the kinks out and getting on the road with a new printer. 

Nope, mine got there on Thursday along with the J/A one, but as ya might remember I get my mail out of the main Lincoln PO and always get it first when it comes from the old printer.  (Wonder if that old printer still uses Linotype.) ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Captain Rob Page

Got my May/June and July/ August in the same week. Life is good!

Ottawa Creek Bill

Love those hilarious cartoons ;D ;D ;D ;D

OCB
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

James Hunt

I have to agree with you OCB, the fella that does the cartoons is a witty character indeed, but say who are those two good looking hunters on the cover, why that one on the right doesn't look a day over 21 - must have been his first trip onto the prairie!!  ;) :D ;D
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: James Hunt on August 12, 2007, 07:06:26 PM
I have to agree with you OCB, the fella that does the cartoons is a witty character indeed, but say who are those two good looking hunters on the cover, why that one on the right doesn't look a day over 21 - must have been his first trip onto the prairie!!  ;) :D ;D

Back home they's sayin...."Why don't they write?" ;D ;D

OCB
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

French Jack

Bet they don't write because they can't see the letters with the faint glow from that buffler taller lamp.  :D  ;P   :)  ;)  ;D
French Jack

Deadeye Don

Very nice high quality paper and ink with this new printer here in Indiana.  Thanks to Irish Dave for getting a new, reliable printer for us.  He said it took only 5 days from submission to printing as opposed to that other company who is still sitting on the May/ June issue. ???   Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Got mine Thursday.  I only live two days ride north of Barkerville. 

BTW, Next summer will be the 150th anniversary of the Fraser River goldrush, and of the founding of British Columbia as a crown Colony.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Irish Dave

Sir Charles:

Sounds like a good opportunity for a special article to be submitted to The Shootist (hint, hint) for summer '08 publication.  ;)

What do you think?
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Lone Gunman

I continue to be amazed by the postal system.  All of the July/August magazines entered the mail system at the same time and the same place. While Vernon and GW  live in different towns, they are both only about 30 miles from the mailing point of the July/August issue (Indianapolis) and they both received their magazines after I did.  My membership issue gets mailed right along with everyone else's, I live 700 miles from the mailing point, but had my copy the Monday (Aug 6th) before Vernon & GW received theirs on Fri & Sat.     ::)

Quote from: Deadeye Don on August 13, 2007, 08:24:35 AM
...that other company who is still sitting on the May/ June issue. ??? 

Well, no...you must have overlooked the posts by Delmonico and Captain Rob Page before yours. The May/June issue left the Lincoln, NE Post Office on August 7th. and has already been delivered to many members.
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Irish Dave

Quote...that other company who is still sitting on the May/ June issue.   

George:
That's probably my fault. As far as I knew yesterday (when I talked with Deadeye) the May/June was still in NE. I wasn't aware that it had been mailed on the 7th.
Mea culpa.

Nonetheless, as we all know, it is still an embarrassment that it followed the July/Aug issue at all.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Black River Smith

Here I was feeling good about receiving my copy of The Shootist today Monday 8/13. :D :D

But after looking closer I don't feel all that great,  It the May / June edition.   :-\

Guess I have something to look forward to.   :o

All funny comments aside:   Thanks for the hard work and the new approach.

This is real lucky:  I received the July / August today Tuesday 8/14.  Now that is service.
Black River Smith

Dusty Tagalon

I got my July/August a couple of days before May/June.

Dusty

French Jack

Still no May/June issue.  Guess he only printed up a few.  Glad that printer is out of the loop.  With service like that, it's a wonder he's not out of business.
French Jack

Deadeye Don

No May/June issue here either. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Shotgun Steve

I recieved my May/June issue yesterday but no July/August issue yet.
Shotgun Steve
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Dr. Bob

Wow!  I must be living right.  My July/August came last Thursday and my May/June arrived today!!  I'm one happy camper. ;D  And this is supposed to be the last 100+ degree day here on the Santa Fe Trail! ;D ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com