Marlin 1894

Started by Link Appleyard, August 03, 2007, 10:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Appleyard

Just purchased a Marlin 1894 cowboy special as my first competition rifle. Can someone share their experience with this model?

Silver Creek Slim

What caliber?

I have two (.44 Mag & .45 Colt) of the older "non-cowboy special" ones. They have functioned flawlessly for me.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Link Appleyard

Arcey

Got a CS 'n a CB.

Thinkin' the CS ran fine for eight years before the carrier quit.  A pard had a brand new carrier in his cart.  Changed it out on the loadin' table.  Runs like new, well, better'n new.

I did sumthin' to screw the CB up.  Looked 'n looked for the problem.  Couldn't find it.  Last time I tore it down lookin' then put it back tagether it startin' runnin' like it had good sense again.  Still wish I knew whut it was whut fouled it up.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Limpin' Leroy

Newer Marlins are a little rough in the action area as I am sure you have noticed.....heck mine was when we bought ours 5 or 6 years ago!! Have the actions "sharp edges" taken off and I thine you will be happy with it. I purchased a Marlin .22 TEXAN awhile back and it was horriable!! However, once my smith had smothed her out she is not bad........I also have a .44 mag (noncowby--15 years old and excellent shooter), two in .25-20 and two (noncowboy) in .41 mag.  The two in .41 were REAL rough but worked out ok. My son shoots a cowboy model in .357 and it has worked very well for him.  Enjoy your Marlin!
Slow hits are better than fast misses!

"When you have to shoot,shoot! Don't talk.".....Tuco

Life Member Sass #5906
Life Member NRA #17260151
Life Member Cal. Rifle & Pistol Ass. #16436
M1 Garand Collector #21959
R.A.T.S. #381

Four-Eyed Buck

Have four in various calibers, .38 to .45. They've all pretty much run without problems. They have been worked over some just to make them a little more easier to run.The ease of takedown for cleaning is a definate plus, IMHO. They've been accurate, non problem guns..........................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Ringo Steele

Also check out Marauder's website. Lots of good information on Marlins there.

www.marauder.homestead.com

;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com