Movie Remingtons

Started by Bull Schmitt, July 13, 2007, 07:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Morningwood

They were using Coltingtons in that early Elvis western "Love Me Tender."

Cincy Slim

I caught a John Wayne movie late at night about a week ago.

Didn't catch the title but there was a poker table shoot out between the "Duke" and a bad guy totin' a 1875 Remington played by a very young Lee Marvin.

It does seem like it's usually the villians who carry the Remmies ! ;)

Slim

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Cincy Slim on August 12, 2007, 12:24:42 PM
I caught a John Wayne movie late at night about a week ago.

Didn't catch the title but there was a poker table shoot out between the "Duke" and a bad guy totin' a 1875 Remington played by a very young Lee Marvin.

It does seem like it's usually the villians who carry the Remmies ! ;)

Slim
That would be "The Comancheros".

"The Shootist" book by Glendon Swarthout has J. B. Books with a brace of nickel plated Remingtons. But, in the movie John Wayne carries a brace of nickel plated Colt's pistols. John Wayne favored Colt's pistols.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Flint

The John Wayne Movie "The Horse Soldiers" was a Civil War movie,  I looked like all the revolvers used were Remington 1875's.  Closeups showed the cylinder flutes.  There was some other feature on the barrel sail near the frame, but can't make out what it was.  This movie is also old enough that the guns were probably originals.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Judge Roy Bean

Very early in Red River J W shoots a Mexican of his horse in a gunfight with a 1860 convertion.Later near the end wiliest Tom & Matt are fighting the girl grabs a Remington with a cut down barrel of Hank Warden to stop the pear fighting.
In Elvis's Flaming Star John Mcintyre has a 1875 Remington, watch the part when he is playing dead when the Indians ambush him.
Texas & Miss Lilly.
  shoot"em"first hang "em" later.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

There are some real oddities seen on the "box"

This weekend, I watched an English murder mystery,  "Missomer Murders,The killing at Badgers Drift"  One of the obligatory executions was perpetrated with a French DARNE shotgun.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Yankee Will

J. W. preferred Colts??  Just goes to show no one is perfect I guess!!   ;)
"This country needs more Patton and less patent leather..."

Books OToole

I just watched a movie about Henry Morton Stanley and his quest to find Dr. Livingstone.  At one point a feverish Stanley defends himself with an 1875 Remington.  Too bad the expedition took place in 1871-72.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Books OToole on August 14, 2007, 09:28:04 AM
I just watched a movie about Henry Morton Stanley and his quest to find Dr. Livingstone.  At one point a feverish Stanley defends himself with an 1875 Remington.  Too bad the expedition took place in 1871-72.

Books

:o :o :o ::) ;)

SHB
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

The Avocado Kid

I'M WATCHING A WESTERN CALLED "WESTERN UNION"RELEASED IN 1941...THERE ARE SO MANY COLTINGTON'S IN THIS FILM...I LOST COUNT! SET IN THE CIVIL WAR ERA WHERE WESTERN UNION IS EXPANDING WESTWARD. FIRST, ALL THE ACTORS IN THIS MOVIE ARE REALLY YOUNG(BAD PUN,I KNOW)....20'S AND EARLY 30'S BY THE LOOK OF IT. LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IN THIS FILM IS PACKING A COLTINGTON. DUSTY.
"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

West Virginia Kid

Gene Hackman used a 7 1/2 Remington 75 while shooting the legs off the chair Cort (R Crowe) was standing on in the Quick and the Dead with Sharon Stone.
"If you're gonna shoot - shoot - don't talk"  Tuco

Gunpowder Creek Regulators - NC
SASS
SCORRS
STORM
US Navy Vet

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: West Virginia Kid on August 21, 2007, 09:15:42 PM
Gene Hackman used a 7 1/2 Remington 75 while shooting the legs off the chair Cort (R Crowe) was standing on in the Quick and the Dead with Sharon Stone.

And for good reason ... my 1875 Remingtons (by Uberti) are two of the most inherently accurate guns I own!  (WAY more accurate than me!) And ... they don't much care whether I shoot BP or that new-fangled smokeyless stuff ... which is prol'lly a passing fad, anyhoo!  ;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Harley Starr

Quote from: Judge Roy Bean on August 12, 2007, 01:30:00 PM
Very early in Red River J W shoots a Mexican of his horse in a gunfight with a 1860 convertion.Later near the end wiliest Tom & Matt are fighting the girl grabs a Remington with a cut down barrel of Hank Warden to stop the pear fighting.
In Elvis's Flaming Star John Mcintyre has a 1875 Remington, watch the part when he is playing dead when the Indians ambush him.

Yup! Saw that one just recently. That Coltington looked rather slick compared to most other Coltingtons.
A work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com