Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.

Started by Delmonico, July 10, 2007, 10:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Slim... did you Graduate when you were 10?
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Russ T Chambers

Ah, a whole batch of '69ers out there!  My wife has been getting notices of her 40th (not going).  Nothing from my school yet.  The only way I'd go is if I happened to be back in Wisconsin when it was scheduled, so I guess I can say I won't make it.  Bt the way the theme of our prom was:

When the moon is in the Seventh House   
And Jupiter aligns with Mars         
Then peace will guide the planets      
And love will steer the stars         

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius   
Age of Aquarius            
Aquarius!  Aquarius!            

Harmony and understanding      
Sympathy and trust abounding   
No more falsehoods or derisions   
Golden living dreams of visions   
Mystic crystal revelation      
And the mind's true liberation   
Aquarius!  Aquarius!         

When the moon is in the Seventh House   
And Jupiter aligns with Mars         
Then peace will guide the planets      
And love will steer the stars         

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius   
Age of Aquarius            
Aquarius!  Aquarius!

Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
The sun shine in
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

piebiter

I just dropped by to see ol' Bill Doolin
Shot down from ambush lastnight
Heck Thomas led the posse
A twelve-guage took his life

They took ol' Bill into Guthrie this mornin'
Followed by his little boy and wife
Then they put him in a store window
For the folks of Guthrie that night

No I won't forget ol' Bill Doolin
Tulsa Jack,Little Dick or Dynamite
They may have been outlaws
But they never ambushed at night

Texas Lawdog

What ever happened to the 5th Demension?  Did they go "Up Up and Away" in their beautiful BALLOON?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

As I understand it, their stuff sounded dull. They wouldn't do rap or hip hop with filthy lyrics. The bookings and album sales dropped. Weary of touring and set financially for life they broke up.

I really enjoyed their work. I laughed my hind parts off every time I heard the Rainmaker.

Marilyn McCoo, I thought, had a most remarkable vocal range. Her performance of 'Love's Lines, Angles and Rhymes' was a knock out.

She's in my top three of female vocalist in an almost dead heat with Ann Wilson for number one.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Leo Tanner

Mama Cass.
     Michelle Philips was good too, but man, the big lady could sing.  Dream a Little Dream of Me sung by her is amazing.  She was just as good in live recordings as studio work.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Arcey

Did enjoy Mama Cass. Rest her.

Matter of taste I reckon. Just me but I'd rather listen to Ann Wilson scream than most others try ta sing. She's as good as of last year as she ever was. Saw her 'n her sister, Nancy, doin' 'Crazy on You' with another named Gretchen Wilson, no relation, I'm not familiar with on some sort of TV show.

Funny. Ann has an eatin' disorder she can't control. She's gone to extremes tryin'. In the TV thing she looked as full-bodied as Mama. I'm between them in age, Nancy bein' the younger. Nancy is as slim as ever. She can still tear a guitar to pieces, kick over her head 'n jump all o'er the stage durin' a song. Her voice is miles from bad ('These Dreams' – Heart) just isn't as powerful as her sister's. Blood sisters, same parents, strange 'n sad.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, Gretchen Wilson sings country.  She had a song out called "Redneck Woman" a couple of years ago. I really enjoy Nancy Wilson singing, she has a sultry voice.

Arcey

Awwwwww, hell yeah! I found that. Pretty good. She's about a cute l'il Tom-Boy. See where she's covered a few Heart songs but the videos aren't very good. Did do 'Barracuda' with a rock band 'n it looked like Nancy Wilson was on stage too. The girl may be country but she can rock too if that video's any indication. Wanna look at that one again when I got the time.

Thanks for the tip on 'Redneck Woman', Tex. I enjoyed the heck outtah it.

Texas Lawdog

Arcey, I have been told by musicians that I have the musical tastes of a musican. Opera is about the only thing I don't like.  I can't play any instrument and I do well to tune my radio. I like most any thing.

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on June 26, 2008, 12:08:25 PM
Awwwwww, hell yeah! I found that. Pretty good. She's about a cute l'il Tom-Boy. See where she's covered a few Heart songs but the videos aren't very good. Did do 'Barracuda' with a rock band 'n it looked like Nancy Wilson was on stage too. The girl may be country but she can rock too if that video's any indication. Wanna look at that one again when I got the time.

Thanks for the tip on 'Redneck Woman', Tex. I enjoyed the heck outtah it.

Arcey she's just a fustrated Rock n Roller   like so many of them in Nashville these days
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

LR, I think you're right. Apparently that's what sells in Nashville these days.

Arcey

Can't say I blame 'er. Apparently she has marketable talent. If she didn't sell in one market, try another.

The big mouthed l'il girl NASCAR was usin' last season I unnerstand ain't doin' too well. Supposed ta have won a talent contest on TV or sumthin'. She aggravated me just lookin' at 'er.

Texas Lawdog

There's a lot of them bimbos out there.  Wendy Ventarini is the only one with any kind of racing background. Her dad, Bill Ventrini ran in the ARCA series.  He had a all girl pit crew at one time.

Arcey

Oooo... Love Wendy ta pieces. Wish half the guys were as good as she is in the pits. Ain't no bleach blonde bimbo either. That's all real 'n all woman I'm thinkin'.

Remember when they pulled the publicity stunt with Shawna Robinson 'n an all female crew in the truck series? That was a good chuckle. Don't think Shawna thought 25 second stops very funny...

Can't think of the singer's name I was talkin' 'bout. She was doin' pre-race concerts 'n the 'how bad have you got it' thing.

Texas Lawdog

I figure that Wendy can hold her own with any of those Yahoos she has to work with.

Leo Tanner

That was Kelly Clarkson, Arcey.  Show was called "American Midol" or somethin like that.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

If It was Kelly Clarkson. I apologize for that. She is from one of the towns south of Fort Worth. All this pubilicity has given her the"Big Head".  She is trying be like Janet Jackson and some of the black female artists. "Bumpin' and Grindin" more than singin.

Steel Horse Bailey

Marilyn McCoo had an AWESOME voice and I miss the 5th Dimension.  They had SERIOUS talent and wouldn't give in to the typical, ahem ... type music.

As far as Ann & Nancy Wilson ... sigh.  Ann sings like an angel Nancy looks and sings like one!  And they're Military Brats ta boot.  (Daddy was a Marine Colonel.)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com