Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.

Started by Delmonico, July 10, 2007, 10:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Tracker

Ten,  this is the picture we were talkin about isn't it?

My Granddad Cole is on the horse in the back on the left.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Tensleep

Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

is the guy standing behind the wagon releiving himself?
Mathew 5.9

Ozark Tracker

:o  may be,  that may be the reason everybody's lookin over this way, givin him some priviacy ;)

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

I'm sure my drive home had some inspration to this one

Crossin' the highway late last night
He shoulda looked left and he shoulda looked right
He didn't see the station wagon car
The skunk got squashed and there you are!

You got yer
Dead skunk in the middle of the road
You got yer dead skunk in the middle of the road
Stinkin' to high Heaven!

Take a whiff on me, that ain't no rose!
Roll up yer window and hold yer nose
You don't have to look and you don't have to see
'Cause you can feel it in your olfactory

You got yer
Stinkin' to high Heaven!

Yeah you got yer dead cat and you got yer dead dog
On a moonlight night you got yer dead toad frog
Got yer dead rabbit and yer dead raccoon
The blood and the guts they're gonna make you swoon!
You got yer
Stinkin' to high Heaven!

C'mon stink!

You got it!
It's dead, it's in the middle
Dead skunk in the middle!
Stinkin' to high heaven!
All over the road, technicolor man!
Oh, you got pollution
It's dead, it's in the middle
And it's stinkin' to high, high Heaven

Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

LR, I hadn't thought about "Dead Skunk" in a long time. We had a bunch of those wonderful songs in the late 60s-early 70s.

litl rooster

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on December 02, 2008, 07:06:15 AM
LR, I hadn't thought about "Dead Skunk" in a long time. We had a bunch of those wonderful songs in the late 60s-early 70s.

Like this one from one of yer fella Texicans

Ol ben lucas had a lot of mucus
Comin right out of his nose.
He picked and picked till it made you sick
But back again it grows.

Well, ol ben lucas had a lot of mucus
He picked and picked till it made you sick,
But back again it grows.

When its cotton picking time in texas,
Boys, its booger picking time for ben.
Hed raise that finger mean and hostile
Stick it in that waitin nostril,
Here he comes with a green one once again.

All right, pick it, eric!

He picked and picked till it made you sick,
But back again it grows.

Everybody!
Comin right out of his nose,
He picked and picked till it made you sick
But back again it grows.

This should put a smile on Delmonico face today, and make him happier contending with the Hliday cheer at work
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

LR, I can identify with Ol' Ben Lucas when I get up in the morning.

Leo Tanner

Fer some reason, Dead Skunk reminded me of this one from Spade Cooley.  I have no idea why.  I think the station my dad listened to when I was a kid had a program that played em both.  Haven't thought of it in years...

Detour, there's a muddy road ahead, detour
Paid no mind to what it said
Detour, oh these bitter things I find,
Should have read
That detour sign

Headed down life's crooked road, lots of things I never knowed
Because of me not knowin', I now pine
Trouble got in the trail, spent the next 5 years in jail
Should have read (should have read) that detour sign

Should have read
That detour sign

When I got right to the place where it said "About Face"
I thought that all my worries were behind
But the farther I go, more sorrow I know
Should have read (should have read)
That detour sign

Should have read
That detour sign

When I got stuck in the mud all my hopes dropped with a thud
I guess that my heart strings are made of twine
Have no willpower to get from the hole that I'm in yet
Should have read (should have read) that detour sign

Should have read
That detour sign

Should have read that detour sign
Should have read that detour sign (that detour sign)
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

Leo, Did you know that Spade did some B Westerns back then?

Delmonico

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on December 02, 2008, 07:06:15 AM

The Dead Skunk guy Louden Wainwright the III was also the guy with the guitar on the first season of MASH.  Wrote and did some really good songs, but that is te one he's known for. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

He sings another one in some of the episodes about Tokyo.

Arcey

My oh my. One the talk shows used this fer bumper music. Bet I ain't heard it since I was a kid.

Rain dripping off the brim of my hat
Sure is cold today
Here I am'a walking down sixty-six
Wish she hadn't done me that way

Sleeping under a table at a road side park
A man could wake up dead
But it sure seems warmer than it did
Sleepin in our king size bed

Is anybody goin to San Antone
Or Pheonix Arizona
Anyplace is alright as long as I
Can forget I've ever known her

Wind whipping down the neck of my shirt
Like I aint got nothing on
But I'd rather fight the wind and rain
Than what I've been fighting at home

Yonder comes a truck with the US Mail
People writing letters back home
Tomorrow she'll probably want me back
But I'll still be just as gone

Is anybody goin to San Antone
Or Pheonix Arizona
Can forget I've ever known her

forget I've ever known her
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

I had a Charlie Pride 8 Track with that one it that played till I wore the tape out.

Delmonico

Get a sydicated oldies show on the one station Sundays 7-10 both amm and pm, they run it twice.  Can't think of the guys name, but he runs that one once in a while.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Ozark Tracker

I can remember when they'd have a Charley Pride song,  he'd be introduced as cousin Charley Pride, not quite sure who's cousin he was, but I always liked his singing. 

we got a tractor with a cab in 73, it had a radio, so 8 or 10 hours a day I'd listen to it, knew all the words to all those songs during that time,  just drive and sing along ;D

litl rooster

Quote from: Delmonico on December 02, 2008, 06:20:56 PM
Get a sydicated oldies show on the one station Sundays 7-10 both amm and pm, they run it twice.  Can't think of the guys name, but he runs that one once in a while.

Big John...cain't think of his last name Montana use to listen to him

Del your right about MASH... I think even play bit parts in it.
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

I've got XM in my wife's car and one of my pickups. We've got Sirius on the DishNetwork in the house. I enjoy listening to the old country music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com