Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.

Started by Delmonico, July 10, 2007, 10:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

British comedy is a little different from ours.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on August 14, 2008, 07:44:42 PM
British comedy is a little different from ours.

The comedy I like, the other shows, naw.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Major E A Sterner

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Leo Tanner

Monty Python did some good 'uns.  Benny Hill I could do with out.

There was a bit I believe was Python that had ta do with an English talk show about cigarettes.  I'm bein real careful here, but someone out there is bound ta know what I'm talkin about.  I about die laughin everytime I hear it.

I'm proud of em fer lookin inta Tipper's husband.  Aint suprised we didn't.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Trinity

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on August 13, 2008, 06:27:13 AM
Lee Hazlewood was a better songwriter than he was a singer.

I haven't heard everything of his, but I thought he sounded good.

Quote from: Leo Tanner on August 14, 2008, 02:43:14 AM
Al Franken was never funny. 

I disagree.  I don't care what a person's politics are.  Funny is funny.

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

He just never made me laugh, even when he had that partner.  Acourse he was surrounded by lots of other talent at the time so mebbe I just din't pay him much attention.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

If Franken gets elected,he will be in good company, a liberal and full of BS.

Trinity

All politicians are full of BS and other kinds of S as well.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Texas Lawdog

Politicans are always telling people what they want to hear just to get their vote.

Trinity

Another great one ;D

I married a woman who talks like Jerry Reed
God just didn't bless her with the vocal chords she needs
She looks like Cindy Crawford, but that ain't the way she sounds
When we make love, I keep hearin' "East Bound And Down"

I work sixty hours a week, and I bring home my check
She says, "Son you're gonna have to take me out
and put some groceries down my neck"
So I took her to a fancy restaraunt - she looked down her nose and said
"Why didn't we stop at a choke and puke, for some grilled cheese sandwiches"

I married a woman who talks like Jerry Reed
Oughta be on the cover of Playboy,'cause that body's garaunteed
She talks just like that guitar man, that crawled out of the swamp
That Lousiana law gonna save you, when I knock ya in the head with a stump

Shethinks my name is Amos, when she ain't callin' me son
"Amos, son, I'm under stress. Let's go somewhere that's fun"
So I flew her to Europe and spent ten-thousand bucks
She said, "I'd have had more fun thumbin' a ride on a overloaded poultry truck"

I married a woman who talks like 'you know who'
Got a brand new pair of earplugs, stuck in with Elmer's glue
Bought all the lamps that K-Mart had, 'cause there's one thing I don't need
Is to be in the dark with a woman who sounds just like Jerry Reed

It's hard to be romantic, when she whispers in my ear
"You got a long way to go, and a short time to get here"
She talks like that trucker, whether I like it or not
"We're loaded up and truckin', and when you're hot - you hot"

Texas Lawdog

Tensleep

That calls for this....

A few minutes before the church services started, the congregation was sitting in their pews and talking. Suddenly, Satan appeared at the front of the church.

Everyone started screaming and running for the front entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away from evil incarnate.

Soon the church was empty except for one elderly gentleman who sat calmly in his pew without moving, seemingly oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was in his presence.

So Satan walked up to the man and said, 'Do you know who I am?'

The man replied, 'Yep, sure do.'

'Aren't you afraid of me?' Satan asked.

'Nope, sure ain't.' said the man.

'Don't you realize I can kill you with one word?' asked Satan.

'Don't doubt it for a minute,' returned the old man, in an even tone.

'Did you know that I can cause you profound, horrifying AGONY for all eternity?', persisted Satan.

'Yep,' was the calm reply.

'And you are still not afraid?' asked Satan.

'Nope,' said the old man.

More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, 'Why aren't you afraid of me?'

The man calmly replied, 'Been married to your sister for 48 years.'
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Texas Lawdog

Trinity

Texas Lawdog

If she really looks like Cindy Crawford, so what if she talks like Jerry Reed.

Leo Tanner

Tex, it jus aint worth it Man.  They's the worst kind.
     Tensleep, ya just made me spray spit all over this confuzer screen.  Paper towels please.

Leo

Roland Deschain

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Texas Lawdog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com