Have I been promoted?

Started by Forty Rod, July 10, 2007, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forty Rod

I am associated with a local organization that provides some services to senior citizens.  Earlier today I was sent a flyer by e-mail from the activities director.  She asked that I proof read it and make suggestions.

Among other things it announced a swimming program. "Swimming lessons, low impact water aerobics, water sports and games, and lap swimming."

I sent it back and told her I wanted to sign up for the lap swimming if it was anything like lap dancing.

I have just been informed by e-mail that I have some "amazing similarities to certain parts of an equine digestive tract."
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Delmonico

I've always knew you were a horse's esophagus pard. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Trinity

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm right proud of you, Big Brother!  Why that surely beats what ol' Claudette Peterson called you. :o
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Marshal harpoluke

Quote from: Forty Rod on July 10, 2007, 06:10:17 PM
I am associated with a local organization that provides some services to senior citizens.  Earlier today I was sent a flyer by e-mail from the activities director.  She asked that I proof read it and make suggestions.

Among other things it announced a swimming program. "Swimming lessons, low impact water aerobics, water sports and games, and lap swimming."

I sent it back and told her I wanted to sign up for the lap swimming if it was anything like lap dancing.

I have just been informed by e-mail that I have some "amazing similarities to certain parts of an equine digestive tract."

:o

Marshal slips whole galon of 'Sheep Dip' into pool. :o

::)

that stuff will Blister the shell off a snappin turtle. :o

heh, Heh,HEH! ;D

;D :D ;D

:P

8)
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Four-Eyed Buck

You have upheld your standing in GOFWG...............Buck 8) ::) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Marshal Will Wingam

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Lucky Irish Tom

Sounded like a reasonable answer to me Forty!  ???
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

litl rooster

and I told AARP I wasn't that "OLD" yet............................ ::)
Mathew 5.9

Stoney Pete

Quote from: litl rooster on July 11, 2007, 03:59:45 AM
  and I told AARP I wasn't that "OLD" yet............................ ::)
I'm 36 and I get stuff asking me to join AARP about twice a year. ::)  Maybe I should retire. ;D

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Four-Eyed Buck

Not yet, Stoney, you ain't experienced enough yet. Takes lots of experience to be retired.............Just ask Arcey.................Buck 8) ::) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Lucky Irish Tom

Arcey aint retired, he just can't hold down a regular job that requires work!  ;D

Forty Rod

Someday when you're old enough I'll tell you what I told AARP. 
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Delmonico

Most likely similar to what I told them. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Forty Rod

I wouldn't have thought a gentleman of your caliber would use such language.

Delmonico

Quote from: Forty Rod on July 11, 2007, 09:54:43 PM
                              gentleman

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Who gave you the idea I'm a gentleman, heck if the sign don't say just men on it I pee either in the alley or in thier potted palm. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Lucky Irish Tom

Yep, back before the Telemarkating ban I had a call from them.

Mr. Adams this is ------- from AARP calling, may I have a moment of your time.

Oh I know you, you're the A---oles Aggravating Retired People!

Excuse me

Yeah, your the ones that call to offer me a card to get me discounts I can get anyway by virtue of the fact that I've lived long enough.  Then you try to scare me into buying your health plan, life insurance, money management and funeral insurance.  Then send me a magazine every month to tell me more things I already know.

Click!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

At least they provided me a few moments of entertainment!

Delmonico

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on July 12, 2007, 05:01:30 AM
Yep, back before the Telemarkating ban I had a call from them.

Mr. Adams this is ------- from AARP calling, may I have a moment of your time.

Oh I know you, you're the A---oles Aggravating Retired People!

Excuse me

Yeah, your the ones that call to offer me a card to get me discounts I can get anyway by virtue of the fact that I've lived long enough.  Then you try to scare me into buying your health plan, life insurance, money management and funeral insurance.  Then send me a magazine every month to tell me more things I already know.

Click!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

At least they provided me a few moments of entertainment!

Tom, you forgot to mention they want to take away yer guns you've worked a lifetime to obtain, makes them lower than a snakes butthole as far as I'm concerned.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Quote from: Forty Rod on July 11, 2007, 09:54:43 PM
I wouldn't have thought a gentleman of your caliber would use such language.

Who are you talking about?   ??? ??? ??? ;D

I'm 33... haven't been bothered yet, but will remember Irish Tom's response if I ever do hear from them. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com