Author Topic: THANX to FDR for the Iowa Games  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
THANX to FDR for the Iowa Games
« on: July 08, 2007, 12:14:11 PM »
Just finished up cleaning my guns after shooting the Iowa Games, Western Action Shooting, segment yesterday!

The Fort Des Moines Rangers are to be commended for thier effort in getting this up and running, and for making it such a HUGE success! This is the very first time that a Cowboy Action Shooting event has been part of the Iowa games and Fdr was taking a bit of a risk in offering to host it. Essentially they took on the whole job of promoting, organizing, and holding the event at thier range! And they did it with STYLE! 8)

The participants were a mixed bag of NCOWS and SASS devotees, with a few like myself that follow both disciplenes, but the match was so well done that one didn't notice the differences! FDR made ALL the shooters feel welcome and at ease! There was a great mix up of shooting stages that catered to the fast & furious types, and others that called for precision and using ones brain! I loved it and, from listening to the conversations afterwards, so did a  lot of other shooters!

Thanx FDR! Looking forward to next years Iowa Games already! ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Re: THANX to FDR for the Iowa Games
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 01:23:16 PM »
Had me fooled, Cuts. Thought you were talking about Franklin, for some reason..........Buck 8) ::) :o ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Pit Mule

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 06:43:18 PM »
Hey thanks Cuts,
Everything went off real well. Got pretty warm but we had a breeze and I reall didn't hear anyone complaining. Next year we will open up more catagories for the shooters. Even though we had a 'modern' catagory with two shooters everything looked real good period wise.
We had a good time doing this for the Iowa Games and we're looking forward to next year. And thanks for letting me sqeeze off some black powder rounds with yer firearms. Thats always fun!

Pit Mule
fortdesmoinesrangers.com

Fort Des Moines Rangers
Cedar Valley Vigilantes
Zen Shootists
Nebraska Territorial Rangers
Member: The Naughty Posse
SASS #29220 ( Classic Cowboy )
NRA Life
SASS ROII
NRA RSO
Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, & notice more than you realize.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:24:50 PM »

Offline Surly Bob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »
Howdy Cuts!

Hey, what was this "Iowa Games" thing you mention?  Is there a website? 

Uh, it's been a while since I was in a fight.
I panicked!
Fell back, like to have broke my foot!
Well, or that damn Cuban cigar got me riled up

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 06:34:13 PM »
Howdy SB,

Yes there's a website , here: http://www.iowagames.org/

It's an annual "sports event" for Iowans and encompasses quite a few different sports. Events are held at various places around the state. There are a number of different shooting disciplenes including, trap, skeet, Sporting clays,
precision air rifle, Silhouette, free pistol..........and now Western Action Shooting 8)
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Sam Perfye

• Top Active Citizen
  • Al Weaver
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:45:22 PM »
To all, anyone interested in attending this event next year, or who attended it this year. Please send an e-mail to the Iowa games website and let them know how much you enjoyed/will enjoy it. I just got of the phone with Tom Snow (the commissioner for shooting sports), he said that positive feedback for a new sport has quite abit to do with the head office backing that event the next year. Right now the Games office is very encouraged by the turnout, but a few supportive e-mails will certainly help. I hope to see twice as many shooters next year and several additional catagories. Also, the entry fee for the Iowa games shooting sports allows you to shoot up to two events per day. As Cuts said there are several other games to try out. Take that Stevens Favorite out of the closet and try Silhouette shooting out to 100 meters, dust off your cap&ball revolver or hawkens and try the black powder events, or maybe take that model 87 over and try skeet or sporting clays. If anyone has any questions about the games, get a hold of me and I'll try to answer them or get an answer for you. Al.
Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 11:02:38 PM »
Hey Shalako...or Tracy,

Could one of you PM me with contact numbers & e-mail addys for them?I got some fabulous footage of some of the competitors I'd like to share with them if they are interested.
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 01:04:56 PM »
Uh, nebber mind! Got what I need in the mail! ;D
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com