All My Children

Started by Dusty Morningwood, July 04, 2007, 05:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Morningwood

A while back, I was looking for input about what post-1873 revolvers to get to go with the 73 rifle in .44-40.  Got lots of good advice and did some research.  I finally decided on a pair of Great Western II Californians w/5.5 barrels also in .44-40.  Got them delivered the other day all slicked up.  So here they are with the rest of my babies (the pistols, at least).  They are shown on my $10 (+$5 S&H) ebay fringed leather jacket along with the .44 Open Tops and the 2nd Gen. Navies.  So with the 1860, 1866 and 1873 rifles I now can shoot Frontiersman, Frontier Cartridge and Classic Cowboy all with different guns!  Of course my trusty SXS hammer gun goes with all three.  ;D

Marshal Deadwood

Good guns Dusty. Good variety.

Like you I shoot my s x s only.

A '97 is justtt a tad to 870'isk for my idea of 'frontier'...though they are faster....

Marshal Deadwood

Dusty Morningwood

Thanks Marshall.  I really agonized over this.  The 75 Remmies are just so dang neat (and Grapeshot has a set now for sale with lots of stuff at a good price), but my hands just do not fit them right.  So I decidd that I would remain a "Colt" man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com