Hoping to start a posse in SE KY

Started by Sunday Bill, July 03, 2007, 01:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunday Bill

Howdy, My name is Rich Smith, aka Sunday Bill, aka Cherokee Big Dawg, NCOWS Member # 2065. My wife and I, along with a neighbor, were shooters at the '07 NCOWS Nationals at Hooten.

As a result, we learned the following:
1. The match was safe.
2. The match was fun.
3. Even severely-BP-smoked lungs CAN be revived by the breath of fresh air provided by the NCOWS attitude.
4. A timer aint a necessary piece of equipment to ensure a great stage, regardless of what has been said to or about RCJ. ;)

And, after describing the situation to our club members, we arrived at a decision:
We want to form an NCOWS posse.

Jim and Celeste Mullins live in a neighboring county and have agreed to "coach" us during our infancy. French Jack lived in this section of the state until recently, and has also said he will help us.

We have functioned as a shooting group for several years under the name of The Lonesome Pine Pistoleros and for book keeping, previously signed lease and banking reasons, etc., would prefer to retain that moniker as our posse name.

We lost our original range to progress ( a dang water park) but retained our equipment (targets, stands, timers, etc.), and have recently acquired a privately owned range, but with limited long-range capabilities.

Soooo, since we'll undoubtedly bug Jim, Celeste and Jack with plenty questions later, I thought I'd mention a couple concerns here.

a. If ANYONE sees a potential problem with what I related above, would you please advise.

b. Do individual members of a family count toward the required number of members needed to form a posse? (for instance, my wife and I have one family membership. Does that count as one or two?)

c. Can existing NCOWS members add other household members by submitting the appropriate, additional  family fee, or will other household members be required to join independently?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment,

Rich

Grizzle Bear

Howdy!

Glad to hear you are going to start a Posse.  It's really not all that hard.

Shouldn't be any problem with you posse name.

As far as family memberships,  each family member will have their own NCOWS membership card and number.  So, yes, family members will count towards your minimum.  I would just send in the additional fee for each family member.

Good luck, and hope to see you again.

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

St. George

The very Best of Luck to you...

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Trap

Great news, you'll have excellent help from the Mullins' and French Jack.    jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

River City John

Good luck, Sunday Bill. 
Any of the NCOWS people will help if asked.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Irish Dave

Congrats, Sunday Bill and welcome.

I saw you and your lovely and skilled missus at the shoot, but sadly, never got around to formally meeting. We'll correct that next time.

As others have said, you'll get excellent guidance from Bob, Jim and Celeste. They're good people.
But don't hesitate to ask for help from any of the NCOWS family. We can be a bit cantankerous (among ourselves) at times, but all are great folks who will assist to the Nth degree. Kinda like most families, I reckon. ;)

Anyway we're looking forward to having the Lonesome Pine Pistoleros as an official NCOWS posse and our 3rd in the Bluegrass State.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Ol Gabe

Yeeeeeee, Haw!!!!!
It's just like the old 'A Team' TV show when George Peppard said "Doncha jist love it when a plan comes together?"
Well, Pards & Pardettes, we do!
Best of luck to you and yours and welcome to the fold, you won't ever find a better bunch to hob-knob with and will always get a straight answer...well, mostly, HAH!
Best regards and good shooting!
'Ol Gabe
NCOWS #925

Lone Gunman

QuoteWe lost our original range to progress ( a dang water park)...

Turning a shooting range into a water park isn't what I'd call progress.   :(   

I'm looking forward to adding the "Lonesome Pine Pistoleros" info to the magazine and the website.  Take a look at the other Posses pages (just click HERE)  to get an idea of what we can do...pictures, maps, whatever you need.
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Books OToole

Quote from: Lone Gunman on July 03, 2007, 04:26:32 PM
Turning a shooting range into a water park isn't what I'd call progress.   :(   

Isn't what you all did at the Blue Valley Regulators range. ;D

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

River City John

Yeah. The Water Slide stage is a real challenge.

And we're the Blue River Regulators! ;D :P ;) Just another proud NCOWS posse!
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Sod Buster

Welcome, Cherokee Big Dog!  Glad to see ya here.  ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Tjackstephens

Big Dog, I told you that you would like it. Great news!! Wish you the best. I know we are a few miles apart, but if I can be of help call or drop me a line. Hope we can get Fencepost involved. Texas Jack
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Will Ketchum

Great news a potential new posse ;D  Sure wish you the best of luck.  You have some great help there.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy!

Good luck!!!   I wish you the best of luck and Godspeed in joining the "club"/"group"/"Out-to-Lunch-Bunch"/FAMILY AND FRIENDS of NCOWS and our posses.

After you're settled, feel free to head a bit North to visit us in Modoc, IN.  Or before  you're settled.  Or both.  Or ...  ;D

YaaHoooo!

Yer right - wasn't Hooten a Hoot !?!  ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Sunday Bill

Well, that's about as close to a red carpet as this bunch of hillbillies ever had rolled out for'em. Thanks to you all.

You nailed it, T Jack. I had a great time.

Steel Horse, Kinda promised Deadeye Dave we'd try to make it up Modoc way this late summer or fall. Gonna have to buy a new atlas, though. Danged if I can find Modoc in my old one. Noticed on yall's map it was kinda east of Indy near the Ohio line?

In the mean time, we've got plenty to do toward developing impressions, finding Lib some duds, etc.

Solemn ol Judge Trap looked me over pretty good at Hooten and didn't declare my nose or accent illegal. Even said I could take a chaw from a foil pouch. I may just come as I am.  ;D

Rich

French Jack

Sunday Bill, or whatever your name is in the states, I know that I speak for all of us in saying, anyway we can help, we will be proud to do so.  Now, that's what I call progress--- 3 posses in Kentucky!  That would mean that we have more posses than any other state except Iowa.  How's about that?????     
French Jack

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy Sun Bill!

Yep - we're near the east border off of I 70.  I think it's about 5-7 miles north and a touch east off the highway.  The Hagerstown exit is the one to take.  It's pretty easy.  Closer to the time you'll come we'll get you hooked up with specific direstions, but I'll bet the MapQuest directions are spot on.  Modoc is one of those "don't blink or you'll miss it" towns!  ;D

Lookin' forward to yer visit!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Sunday Bill

I'm sure I'll have to ask directions at the time, Steel Horse, and look forward to shooting at Modoc.

Have spoken with FJ and our posse is taking form.

Thanks, again.

Rich

Steel Horse Bailey

Rowdy Fulcher

Sunday Bill ,
Good luck with the New Posse ,the crab orchard cowboys wish you the BEST .
Looks like Kentucky is about to wake up . Let's spread the word .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com