Author Topic: Question on Pistoleer (C&B) reloads during a stage  (Read 3100 times)

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Question on Pistoleer (C&B) reloads during a stage
« on: June 25, 2007, 07:17:59 AM »
I have a question about reloads during a stage. I haven't been to a NCOWS match (although I have shot SASS, IDPA, IPSC, modern 3 gun, etc.) and the first match I will be attending is the Eastern Regional. How does NCOWS deal with a required revolver reload in the Pistoleer class? I see that Pistoleers don't have to reload the shotgun if they don't want to but it doesn't mention revolvers. SASS lets you stage a 3rd revolver, is that also done in NCOWS or do you reload on the clock (Watch that muzzle! ;)) or just take misses for any additional handgun rounds over ten. I don't mind reloading on the clock, I just want to know what to expect. I have read posts about stages requiring handgun reloads and I thought this might be a good question for this public forum in case potential NCOWS members are wondering.
Thanks,
Mild Myles

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
Re: Question on Pistoleer (C&B) reloads during a stage
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 07:36:01 AM »
Howdy!

There are a few ways to do this, but the most common I've heard about is that - at the loading table, ALL chambers are loaded, but only 5 are capped.  Then, at the line and ON the clock, the last chamber is capped.  Beyond that, I'm not sure if NCOWS does the multiple pistol thing.  Others who are more "In the Know" will chime in here or correct me if I'm mistaken, since I've never actually been to a match that had a pistoleer shooting more than 5.  Perhaps that will be addressed by someone who knows if/how it was done at the Nationals, as no one in my posse shot pistoleer, but other posses DID have pistoleer class shooters.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:50:16 AM »
Thanks SHB! I will be shooting Remingtons so I could always put in a new cylinder and then cap on the clock but I figured I would ask.
Mild Myles

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:34:05 PM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 481
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »
Pistoleer is a category that requires two revolvers, a rifle, and a shotgun. Rarely, if ever, do stages call for a third group of five pistol shots. Pistols may start the stage loaded and capped, but if using a single sidearm, then changing out a spare cylinder calls for it to be loaded then capped on the clock.

Steel Horse is right in that if a stage calls for a single reload, all chambers loaded and 5 capped, with the sixth capped on the clock.

One posse, KVC, will create stages that would best be described as slightly deranged. . .shooter instructions call for multiple reloads. But they give advance notice when they send the match confirmation to you, and if you do not have spare cylinders or third pistol, I would have no doubt they would either loan one, or you could expect EVERYONE will be loading and capping the extra rounds on the clock.
But you must remember that these folks would love to create a "Josey Wales" category and see a stage designed around the carrying of four to six revolvers, plus the use of harsh language. ;D

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 08:40:24 AM »
I'll drink to that!
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline Frenchie

• "We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Photo by Julio Zangroniz @ "September Storm", 2007
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 12:03:39 AM »
But you must remember that these folks would love to create a "Josey Wales" category and see a stage designed around the carrying of four to six revolvers, plus the use of harsh language. ;D

Gasp! My virginal ears!  :o

There is a Civil War anecdote about a private in the 13th New Hampshire who surprised his messmates when he suddenly announced he had decided to give up swearing. He explained that no words could do justice to the weather and the mud in Virginia, and he was tired of trying.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vĂȘtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 08:32:47 AM »
Rest assured the Virginians continued to cuss the 13thNH in his absence !  (jkin' , lol )

Marshal Deadwood

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »
RCJ,

You calling the KVC deranged is like the pot calling the kettle BLACK!  Your stage at Hooten was way beyond deranged!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::)  Watch yer back! ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com