Gunfighter or quickdraw

Started by Rube Burrows, June 05, 2007, 11:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rube Burrows

I am looking for a gunfighter or quickdraw type of rig.
right now I have the Tequilla rig and I really like it but I would like to find something where I can grab my rugers somewhat faster.

I have seen some rigs here and there that were made for fast draw.
I like the really dark brown older looking style.

Any links or help would be very nice.

Thanks guys.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Rube Burrows

You mean to tell me none of you guys can help me out with this question
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Marshal Will Wingam

Not too sure what you're looking for. Quickdraw holsters are a whole different thing than a conventional holster. Many of them have steel deflector plates to keep you from shooting a hole in yourself. By gunfighter are you referring to the ones with a cut-down top that exposes the trigger guard? Are you needing this for Cowboy Action Shooting or just plinking? Are you using crossdraw or strongside holsters? What type of belt do you prefer? Probably the best way to see what you like is to pay a visit to one of the local CAS matches and see what the shooters are using there. If you see what you like, you can ask them where they got theirs. You also might do well to check some of the leather maker's sites to get ideas. There are a few good pros that frequent this forum but they probably need a little more to go on. If you find something that looks like you are looking for, you can probably get some of them to give you an idea what they can do to fill your needs.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Brazos Jack

Joey,

Also, what might have throwed them for a loop is that many think the Tequila Rig to be THE rig because it was designed for a Champion Shooter. Going by experience mind you, just because THIS rig works for one does not mean that it works equally as well for another. Hence, the reason we make CUSTOM holters and belts for the individual. For example, I have about six different patterns for the same holster with different cant, lower or higher drop, different retention factors, ect. So, now the question is finding a Maker to custom make the rig to your specific needs as opposed to buying from the rack.

Rube Burrows

I like the rig I have....but I would like something that is a little more tilted to the back so I would not have to bend my rist so far foward. I have the cross draw right now but have been thinking about going double strong side.
There are no CAS matches around here that I know of. There is one club but I have tried going by there several times and did not see anyone out there. I live in Southeast louisiana and there is not much in the way of Cowboy shooting.
Right now I have two Ruger Vaq.  I have been talking to some civil war reenactors in the area and I may change my persona to civil war erra and pack some 1851 colts.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com