KVC 2 Gun Shoot was a GREAT TIME

Started by Major Matt Lewis, May 05, 2007, 10:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Matt Lewis

Just back from Garnett.  Had a great time at the KVC 2 Gun shoot.  The shooting was great, the food was great and the people were great.  Folks, Grizzle Bear puts on on FUN shoot.  Came home tonight because the rain, thunder and lightning...let's face it, I am not one for camping in the rain.

Got to test drive my new Marlin....man, that's a tack driver.  Great seeing Bill Proctor and his lovely wife Patty.  Loved the chow out of the chuck wagon.  My one regret is that I was not able to go down yesterday.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Ottawa Creek Bill

True...True...True....
You boys and girls that didn't make it sure missed a good time....As far as the chuck wagon food. is concerned...delicious, and the extra gas on the way home was a treat... ;) ;)

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Fox Creek Kid

Quote...and the extra gas on the way home was a treat...

I'd bet your passenger(s) didn't see it like that.  ;)

Smokey Three Toes

Heya, let me tell you that this was a great shoot, I arrived on Thurs. about 8:30 pm got lost trying to find the range called Grizz, he wasn't sure if anyone was they so told me where the RV park was and I headed there for the night. Got out to the range by noon to find the tent's set up and the chuck wagon was being set up, talk with Books,  John and Grizz, Lone Gunman, they told me the Marshal and Marshal'ette were going to be here. Man am I glad I made the drive down from Wisconsin in the wind and rain. Being able to meet and talk with the Marshal and Marshal'ette was just the frosting on the cake. After a bit lunch was served, let me tell you the food was great at all the meal's.

After a while on Fri, I asked where Dr. Bob was, low and behold I was told that he might not be here, man after he told me I should come down for this shoot and he doesn't show up, was sort of a disappointment, just kidding Dr. Bob I know real life comes first. but it would have been great to meet up with you again.

Sat. started out cloudy and windy then the sun came out, good thing the wind was blowing otherwise it would really been a warm one, think it got to 84. OCB showed up before the safety meeting. was great to meet you OCB, hope to shoot with you again. Grizz really put together a great shoot, long range, short range and some in between. I got lucky on the long range and hit the far out target twice, standing, with the wind blowing from the left. Finished out the day with a great meal and sitting around talking, telling jokes along with a banjo player ( sorry I can not remember his name )  till the thunder and rain started around 9:30 pm.

Sunday the manager at the RV place told us that the storm was headed up toward K.C. and heading north, my wife and I decided to head for home trying to beat it, didn't happen. We left Garnett around 9 am and got to Somerset Wis. by 8:30 pm.

I want to Thank Grizz's wife, John's wife,( sorry I can not remember your name's ) and  Marshal'ette for making my wife Joan fell at home, she had a wonderful time.

I thank all the guy's and gal's that showed me a wonderful time, I really enjoyed it, and with the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will be making it down next year for this shoot.  Thank you all again.

Smokey Three Toes
Smokey Three Toes

FMDR
WOWS
NRA # 145012656
NCOWS # 2468  Working Cowboy
SASS # 67758 Senior Duelist

Marshal'ette Halloway

It was a GREAT time.
I can say this with honesty... You'de have to look a long time to meet a better bunch of people.
Marshal and I were honored to be in the same company as you all, and hopefully it won't be the last time.
I took well over 150 pictures and the camcorder was running when some of you didn't know it was running..
(So that means that "some of it" won't be included in the video.. LOL)
But "some of you " knows now that main video or not..
"I'll sneak different things in to the small clips that I want to make..  ;)
Sooooooo, no one was safe after all..  :D

Enjoyed it all .. and made some wonderful new friends and got to hug and see some old ones.
SASS #56524, BCVC #26

The smell of heaven is Fresh Baked Bread and Gun Powder.

Grizzle Bear

Oh, noooooo............

My reputation as a hard-ass and trouble maker is exposed as a fraud!

;D ;D ;D

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com