Presentation Case

Started by Barbarosa, April 24, 2007, 12:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbarosa

Does anyone know where I could obtain an Uberti Presentation Case for a BP 58 Rem 8" barrel ?
     Dixie Gun Works is the only place that I could find that sells Uberti cases, but they have been out of them for awhile now & no estimate on obtaining more.
     I am thinking that maybe Uberti is not making them anymore and are being made by another manufacturer.
     I did purchase a Smith & Wesson case for one of my revolvers, and had a custom brass plaque placed over the S&W Logo stamped on the top of their case. I'm looking for a best quality blackpowder case w/ the usual compartments.
     I did have an Uberti case years ago, but sold it with a gun.
     These Uberti cases are of the highest quality, if no one has ever seen one. I bought a double revolver case a few months ago, but it was very cheaply made, & I returned it.  I don't care for some of the other cheap ones that I saw from a few places. I would even purchase a used one.
     There are no gun shows anymore in my area.

Thanks for any help,
                                         Barbarosa

River City John

www.billscases.com

I have no doubt there would be no questions about quality.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Marshal Will Wingam

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Catdad

Barbarosa,

Somedays it pays to be more lucky than good????   ;D
Well, are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?
-- Josey Wales

Deadeye Don

Those are really fine looking cases.  As far as I know, he is the only one doing them commercially now.  I am curious how long it took you to get them.  Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Marshal Will Wingam

Those are beautiful. He does do good work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Cimarron Lawman

Does anyone know if felt attracts moisture? In other words, will a gun rust in such a case?

Cimarron Lawman

Quote from: Barbarosa on May 30, 2007, 10:18:27 AM
Here's the other one >

Barbarosa,

Your blued Uberti looks nice. The grips aren't shiny like most. (I hate shiny grips.) Did you refinish them?

Lawman

Wolfgang

Barbarosa, . . Nice cases and nice guns. . . Thanks for sharing.  Haven't made any for myself, but made one two years ago out of an old case for silver ware that I picked up at a resale shop.  Used it for a pair of '51 Colts as a gift for a friend of mine.  Was cheap and quick way to make a presentation case.  Foam under the pistols and all the extra stuff in a pull out drawer underneath.  Worked out good.  I'll look around for picture to post.  Good shootin', . . .  :)
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Wolfgang on May 31, 2007, 09:36:30 PM
Barbarosa, . . Nice cases and nice guns. . . Thanks for sharing.  Haven't made any for myself, but made one two years ago out of an old case for silver ware that I picked up at a resale shop.  Used it for a pair of '51 Colts as a gift for a friend of mine.  Was cheap and quick way to make a presentation case.  Foam under the pistols and all the extra stuff in a pull out drawer underneath.  Worked out good.  I'll look around for picture to post.  Good shootin', . . .  :)

Sounds like an excellent idea for a gun case.  Please do post pictures if you can.  Deadeye.

Dusty Morningwood

Think I will have to order one of these for my pair of 2nd Generation Navies!  ;D 

Wolfgang

Quote from: Deadeye Don on June 01, 2007, 07:05:51 AM
Sounds like an excellent idea for a gun case.  Please do post pictures if you can.  Deadeye.
Here ya are Deadeye, . . not great photos, taken with a disposable camera and scanned in, . . it looks lots better.  Came out very nice.  Padded in the top to hold the pistols in place and two partitions in the drawer to keep the other stuff in place.  Cleaned the outside finish and then put on a light coat of varnish with a little bit of stain mixed in.  The silver ware was old plated stuff with the plating worn off.  Thru it all away.  See 'em at the bottom of the page at:  www.drburkholter.com/cf9.html.  Good shootin', . . .  :)

SeeThirty

A question regarding Bill's Custom Cases (sorta).

In the photo gallery of the "gambler" cases..

http://www.billscases.com/gambler8.jpg

I've never seen a revolver like that. Can anyone tell me if that's an original or a repro? What make and model? It just looks very interesting to me. I've never really thought about affording an "original" pistol, but just curious as to the specs and if possible what the going rate might be.  ;D

One thing I notice about this hobby, every time you go looking around, you find something new and interesting. It's a great feeling.

Wolfgang

Hard to tell from that picture.  There were lots of little pocket pistols made.  Smith & Wesson no. s  1,  1-1/2 , etc. lots of other makers as well.  I've got an article saved somplace out of  "Guns of the Old West" that showed about a dozen different ones.  All very similar.  Mostly rimfire and with spur triggers.  There was a Smith & Wesson no. 1 or no. 2  ( I forget which it was ) in the local guns shop a few months ago for $200.  I've heard of these old pocket pistols blowing up with modern .22 shorts.  So ya gotta be careful about gettin' em for shooters.  Good shootin', . . .  :)

SeeThirty

Well, if I did do any shooting with such an old revolver I'd probably use weak BP loads if anything. I did some reading and it looks like a Hopkins & Allen "Dictator", but yeah, there are alot of similar pistols.

Thanks a bunch.  :)

SeeThirty

Much obliged, Barbarosa.  ;D

I found one on www.goantiques.com and also www.gundersonmilitaria.com

I suppose some of these require abit of work to restore to firing condition.  :)

Funny I've always been more a fan of the bigger bore, but lately have developed an appreciation for the odd .22 or .32 piece.

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Wolfgang on June 02, 2007, 09:48:58 PM
Here ya are Deadeye, . . not great photos, taken with a disposable camera and scanned in, . . it looks lots better.  Came out very nice.  Padded in the top to hold the pistols in place and two partitions in the drawer to keep the other stuff in place.  Cleaned the outside finish and then put on a light coat of varnish with a little bit of stain mixed in.  The silver ware was old plated stuff with the plating worn off.  Thru it all away.  See 'em at the bottom of the page at:  www.drburkholter.com/cf9.html.  Good shootin', . . .  :)

Thanks for the picture.  I actually think that looks really nice as a presentation case.  Plus I am sure you did it with minimal expense.  I think it is a great idea for all of us do-it-yourselfers out here.  Safe shooting.  Deadeye.

SeeThirty

Yeah. I'm highly fond of .31 or .32 for C&B and cartridge (respectively).

I was also considering a Colt 1849 .31 with the R&D Cyl for .32 S&W. But nothing looks as nice as some of these originals.  ;D

Joe Salter's site is very good too. Thanks.

Halfway Creek Charlie

Not to hijack the thread but,

Here's my Little Bitty.

1863 Remington Pocket Model 32 RF Factory Conversion(non-Remington Factory)Converted to 32 C.F. by me.
Uses 32 Colt Short.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dusty Morningwood

Now Charlie, ya done showed us that thank once!  So ya need to get busy and make a case for it.  Then you can show us again on this thread.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com