My Original Remington Family

Started by Halfway Creek Charlie, April 16, 2007, 05:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfway Creek Charlie

My Original Remington Family.
Top Model 1889 Remy Grade 2 Coach Gun.
Second is an NMA that is Ainsworth marked (sub Inspector, that was purchased by the Army(has all Sub Inspector Marks. It is a Gunsmith Conversion that I'm using an R & D 44 Rem. C.F cylinder in.
next is my Armory Conversion in 44 Rem.C.F that was also purchased by the Army (all Sub-Ins markings)
next is a Civilian Transition NMA with the Old Model Army BBL. it has had the safety stops machined by a frontier gunsmith,
Still C & B. This is the tightest original I have ever held, even thought it has been used a lot. indexing and lockup are perfect!
last and not least is a New Model Pocket Revolver that was factory converted and sold as a Cartridge gun (32 R.F.)

On a side note, Our monthly CAS shoot was yesterday and I shot the top two and they performed just like they did 140 plus years ago. They Rocked!

SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tubac

Nice collection of Remingtons! I might as well throw in my dos centavos.
Tubac
from the Confederate Territory of Arizona

Halfway Creek Charlie

I forgot to add my Remy Shotgun, Go back and look at my first post again it's there now.

Barbarosa,
As luck would have it it dropped right in and aligned perfectly in that pistol. It is a later 75,XXX s/n range with a NMA bbl and Frame. The R & D does not fit the transition pistol in the 25,XXX s/n range it could have to do with the Old Model Army BBL in the New Model Army Frame. It would work with a bit taken off the Faced off the R & D cylinder face, it binds fore and aft (bbl/Frame) and will not go into the frame. So I'll get another R & D 44 Rem. cylinder for that gun and modify it.....maybe. it's a really nice old used daily, but not abused gun, so I have to think about putting an R & D in it.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun

Tubac

Charlie,
Beautiful guns. What's the age of the shotgun? !2ga.?

Tubac

Halfway Creek Charlie

The S/N is 200,XXX rang and that puts it post 1900. It is 12 Ga.
It has fluid steel bbls but has the damascus finish pattern on them. Tight and crisp mechanically.
It had 30 Inch bbls but the right bbl had a large dent about 6 inches down from the Muzzle, so I whacked her off to 19 1/ " bbls.

The New Model Pocket Revolver is also very tight and crisp mechanically.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Marshal Will Wingam

Darn nice shootin' irons, there. Heck, the only original Remington I have is a shaver.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Catdad

Very sweet picture, Charlie!  Thanks for sharing.  It just proves that quality never goes out of style!  :)
Well, are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?
-- Josey Wales

Tubac

Barbarosa,

Beautiful revolver! and a beautiful case!
Thanks for the photos.

Tubac

Tubac

Neat revolver, here are photos of my .46 Rf conversion that was reconverted to centerfire.
.44 Remington.

Tubac

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com