REmington Re-issue

Started by Flint, April 16, 2007, 12:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flint

Apparently, USFA and Remington have come to a licensing agreement for USFA to produce The NMA "58" Remington and the 75 Remington revolvers, with the E. Remington name.  Will we see a quality US made 75 now, since the Hartford Armory doesn't seem to be there for us?  See the announcement on the USFA website.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Fox Creek Kid

I saw that on the USFA forum & then the USFA website. YEEHA ;D!!  I'll take a 133. That's a '58 & a '75!!  :D ;D ;)

Seriously, USFA supposedly said at the SHOT Show that a 1875 was a few years down the road, BUT that was before this agreement. Maybe this will light a fire under USFA!!

Marshal Will Wingam

I'm really looking forward to these. Heck, I don't know which to get, but I'm awfully tempted to pick up a couple 58's and do conversions for them. Or maybe I'll just pick up a couple '75's. Or one of each. Or one of each barrel length. Or, or, or............ ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Major 2

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on April 16, 2007, 12:31:20 AM
....Seriously, USFA supposedly said at the SHOT Show that a 1875 was a few years down the road, BUT that was before this agreement. Maybe this will light a fire under USFA!!

Yep!  that's what they said .... I saw and handled the CNC partial machined frame for the 58, But don't hold my breath at least not for this year or next was his quote !
when planets align...do the deal !

Deadeye Don

Thats what I am figuring on also... 2 years at a minimum before finished guns are available.   At least it is something to look forward to.   This will also possibly prompt Hartford to start producing them again.  I think USFA will be shocked by the enthusiastic response to this decision and the number of people ordering guns.   Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Marshal Will Wingam

I sent them an email asking for more particulars. It'll be interesting to see what they have to say. I can wait a year or two. Heck, you have to wait that long for any new model anything. This will be a great move on their part.

Fox Creek Kid

QuoteI can wait a year or two.

Some of us here are used to that with the Cimarron Type II Richards.  ;D ;)

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on April 16, 2007, 12:37:43 PM

You can say that again!!  We could turn this into a race to see who comes out with their product first...USFA or Cimarron.   I think I might bet on USFA at this point. arrrggggg
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Major 2

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on April 16, 2007, 12:37:43 PM

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;
when planets align...do the deal !

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on April 16, 2007, 12:37:43 PMSome of us here are used to that with the Cimarron Type II Richards.  ;D ;)
I waited three years for the Cimarron Lightning pistols I had ordered only to find they weren't copies of the originals in grip shape so I got rid of them. I waited two years for the AWA Lightning rifles I had ordered but cancelled the order when the first ones proved not to work (only to buy one later on anyway when I found out that Eldon Penner could make it work right). I waited 2 1/2 years for my Hartford 1875's only to find they were less than satisfactory. I can wait again, only this time I won't order any until the finished product is out. If they are good quality, which they will probably be if USFA does their normal quality production, I will order a pair for sure. Heck, I may not stop there, either.  ;D

Dusty Morningwood

I'm tellin' ya, it'll be Big Timber Time all over again.  But maybe worth the wait?

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Dusty Morningwood on April 16, 2007, 09:09:39 PMI'm tellin' ya, it'll be Big Timber Time all over again.  But maybe worth the wait?
You betcha.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com