Los Angeles Posse (in training)

Started by Brian Why, April 12, 2007, 12:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Why

Howdy all,

I'd like to start a posse in LA and am looking for other folks who wanna join. Right now we're planning to meet at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank (say that 10x fast) to iron out particulars and grub.

I'm not sure what the rest of your schedules are like so I'll just throw out the first volley and say lets plan to meet next Thursday night, April 19th. Interested parties should sound off on this list as to the viability of that night. Either way, I'm flexible.
Happy Trails,
Brian Why
SASS #71756, SCORRS, Darksider

"Everybody has their bad luck. I cough when I drink. You come up against sneaky people who get ya to help them commit suicide." - Doc Holliday, Hour Of The Gun

Irish Dave

OK PARDS, THE CALL HAS BEEN SOUNDED!!

Brian:

This is good news. Hopefully some of our SoCA pards will step up and contact you about this.
In the meantime, we have added a new feature to our magazine "The Shootist." We're calling it "Scout's Report" and it will feature the names and contact info of folks looking to start or join posses in their areas. That way, all the membership will have that info and not just the ones who frequent the boards here. You might want to e-mail us your info etc. so we can get it scheduled in an upcoming Shootist.

Again, thanks for your interest in an NCOWS posse and know that there are many folks in the outfit who will be more than happy to assist you in any way with this endeavor.

Let us know if we can help.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Deadeye Don

Hopefully,   The LA branch of NCOWS will be up and running in 8 years when my wife and I retire there!!!!  I know...a long ways off,  but I can just see the light at the end of the tunnel.   Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Trap

Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

James Hunt

Oh man, Bob's Big Boy in Burbank! Lord, I just missed next Thursday by 36 years :-[

County Line Ventura County circa 1971

Why on why did I ever move back to Michigan for such a lame excuse as graduate schoool? I could have been kite surfing and shooting in an NCOWS posse all in the same week!!!!!

Best of luck on your endeavors, all you need is one other guy and the busboy and you got a startup posse! ;D
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

Brian Why

Actually, we already have two other members. I posted this here to let other folks in the area know something was actually brewing in LA. Thanks for the sarcasm. Way to support your fellow shooters.

And for the record - the busboy has neck tattoos and a bigger posse than either of us.
Happy Trails,
Brian Why

"Everybody has their bad luck. I cough when I drink. You come up against sneaky people who get ya to help them commit suicide." - Doc Holliday, Hour Of The Gun

Books OToole

What do you expect from an old hippie? ;) ;D  [Now he rides horses instead of surf boards.]

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Delmonico

VW Micro-bus, wonder if he ever had to sit on the group W bench. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Books OToole

Quote from: Delmonico on April 12, 2007, 05:12:18 PM
VW Micro-bus, wonder if he ever had to sit on the group W bench. ;D

We may put him there at the Nationals. ;D

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Brian Why

Funny you should mention that Del. I once got arrested for littering

...and creating a nuisance.
Happy Trails,
Brian Why

Delmonico

And it ain't even Thanksgiving. ;)

I bet Brian and James are also Bozo's, in fact "We'reAll Bozo's On This Bus." ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

gw

Quote from: Deadeye Don on April 12, 2007, 12:22:27 PM
Hopefully,   The LA branch of NCOWS will be up and running in 8 years when my wife and I retire there!!!!  I know...a long ways off,  but I can just see the light at the end of the tunnel.   Safe shooting.  Deadeye.

DD---Just make sure that's a tunnel and not a barrel! ;D

Brian Why--Good luck on yer posse endeavor. Holler if ya need any help.
NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

Steel Horse Bailey

Good luck, Brian!

Bozos on the bus ... Group W bench ... sigh .....
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Delmonico

Brings back old memories don't it.  BTW good luck on gettin' things going. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

James Hunt

HEY! Tone it down now, we were all young once...

This is a serious thread about starting another NCOWS posse - in my opinion, the only thing good about growing up. ;D
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

Lone Gunman

George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Irish Dave

Sorry, LG. May be thick, but you lost me on that one. ??? ??? ???
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

ColonelFlashman

Just publically putting my 2 cents worth in, as I attempted this over 10 years ago & no one could bestir themselves.
Nice to finally have some other Shootists interested in Los Angeles based NCOWS matches.
Colonel Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE USMH;
Colonel 17th Lancers Staff Political Officer;
Staff Corp Commander & D.o.P. Command Staff
WartHog, Pistolero & Mounted Shootist
:uk:  :usa:  :canada:  :dixie:  :ausie:

ColonelFlashman

Colonel Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE USMH;
Colonel 17th Lancers Staff Political Officer;
Staff Corp Commander & D.o.P. Command Staff
WartHog, Pistolero & Mounted Shootist
:uk:  :usa:  :canada:  :dixie:  :ausie:

Lone Gunman

QuoteSorry, LG. May be thick, but you lost me on that one.

There's a paragraph on the back explainin' what each one is ... 8)

Our new "Scout's Report"  is filling out nicely. We literally have new Posses forming from coast to coast. I hope to have Mick Archer's info for Virginia in time for the May/June issue.  ;)
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com