Wild Bunch Question

Started by Grapevine Jimmy, March 29, 2007, 11:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grapevine Jimmy

I do not shoot it, but I was wondering about loading procedures for a Wild Bunch Match. At the loading table, do you in insert a pre loaded magazine into you 1911 or do you load the magazines with 5 rounds each and then insert one of the magazines and holster the weapon? My miniscule opinion would lean towards bringing ten loose rounds and two empty magazines to the table. Work the slide to show that is no round in the chamber, close the slide and let the hammer down (ala your lever rifle). then load each mag with 5 rounds each, then insert one in the weapon and the other goes into a pouch or to the stageing area. if this is the case, would it be a minor safety to approach the loading table with pre loaded magazines? ???
BOLD #809
Hiram's Ranger #30
Carolina Cattlemen's Shooting & social Society
Waiting at the South Gate:"...it is good to meet you thus alone."

Camille Eonich

At most places you can carry the loaded magazines to the loading table but don't put a magazine in the gun until you get to the line meaning that you can load the magazines at your cart.  Every place is different though so it's best to ask first.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Grapevine Jimmy

Thanks Miz Cammi. I was at a match recently and they were doing it both ways.
BOLD #809
Hiram's Ranger #30

Camille Eonich

Was that Raid on Andersonville?
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Grapevine Jimmy

Flatwoods. It being between Cherry Point and Camp Lejune, there were some very good PC uniforms. They also shot "03 Springfields and Enfields. I enjoyed it a lot,but I've enjoyed all of the matches I've been to and in.

GJ
BOLD #809
Hiram's Ranger #30

Driftwood Johnson

Howdy

There are no official SASS rules regarding Wild Bunch matches. These matches are run at the discretion of local Match Directors, so the local Match Director sets the rules for his match. So it is impossible to make a general statement of what would be a penalty for any specific situation.

I attend a Wild Bunch match once a year staged by the Lincoln County Lawmen in Manville RI. The procedure there is to load your magazines at the loading table so the guy watching the loading table can confirm how many rounds you put in each magazine. You come up to the loading bench with your ammo in a loading block, or however else you normally bring your ammo to the loading table, just like at a CAS match. You load your magazine with 5 rounds with the loading guy watching. It doesn't take any more time than it does to load a SAA. With the slide forward and the hammer down, you insert the magazine in the grip, and holster the 1911. When the buzzer sounds you rack the slide and go to work. If you need a second magazine, you drop the first one and load the second one, then go back to work. If you have to holster after your first 5 rounds from the 1911 you have to show clear before holstering. I don't like to drop my mags onto the ground, so I usually loose a few seconds catching them and dropping them into a pocket.

When you are done with the course of fire you drop the magazine, drop the slide, and pull the trigger to drop the hammer in a safe direction, all with the RO by your side. Then you procede to the unloading table.

All 1911s are holstered when off the firing line, without any magazines in them, and obviously they are unloaded.

That's the way they do it at Manville, others may do it differently.

Here is a link to the Lincoln County Lawmen's Wild Bunch rules:

http://members.cox.net/dochunter/Wild%20Bunch%20Rules.jpg
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Camille Eonich

Hey Jimmy get on over to the central part of the state and shoot with us some time.  We're going to have a Wild Bunch match at the Uprising this year too.  ;D
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com