Pietta '60 Army

Started by Marshal Deadwood, March 26, 2007, 04:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Deadwood

I have a gentleman that im working a trade with,,,perhaps,,,on a Pietta 1860 Army. Steel frame. Steel backstrap, brass triggerguard. It is 4 screw miliitary.  Has a professionaly done action job. Never fired.
Without devulgiing personal details, would you folks consider this gun to be worth 250.oo ?
I know that Uberti is good quaity but honestly have no dealing with a Pietta. This IS a nice looking '60Army in the photos.

The trade in  ballpark figures,,,  I need 250.oo or equivelent in trade for my item. Would I wise or not to persue this? Or sell the item and purchase a Cimarron or Uberti ?

Thanks,

Marshal Deadwood

Silver Creek Slim

Cabela's is currently selling them for $209. See here. I don't know if they are 4 screw models though. It all depends on how good of an action job it is.

I have 3 Pietta Remingtons and 2 Uberti Remingtons. I think the quality is about the same. I have been told in previous years that the quality of Piettas was a bit spotty, but they have improved considerably.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Marshal Deadwood

Slim, howdy hoss. Thank you,,,,,
Id actually like to trade the gentleman,,or someone,,,for a '62 Pocket Police, Cimarron/Uberti.
Perhaps this will come thur.
I thank you for you post though, its much appreciated.

Marshal Deadwood

hellgate

It is on the high side for me. Some action jobs have the mainspring too light and you get all kinds of blowback of the hammer and cap jams which will make you mad at thegun and yourself. I've never paid more than $150 for a pre owned gun (some new some not). The last Pietta '60 I bought had the Manhattan mod and it was for $150 or maybe even less. I had to do some nipple swapping to make it run right. The most I've paid was around $200 for each new Uberti Walker and maybe a SS Pietta Remington. But I am both pretty patient to wait for a bargain and am a cheapskate. I've also gotten some "real bargains" that weren't.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

PlacitasSlim

I recently purchase a new 1860 Pietta from sportsmans for $189 ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com