Rock Island Auction April

Started by Henry4440, March 12, 2007, 09:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry4440

I don't know where to post this.
Is anyone of you going to the Rock Island Auction in April 28,29 and 30,2007 ?
Here are some pics.

and the link:
http://www.rockislandauction.com/auction_photo.aspx?aid=40
;)

Silver Creek Slim

That's about 3 hours from me. If I went I'd be tempted to buy something, so I'll stay home.  :(

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Henry4440

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on March 12, 2007, 10:39:54 AM
That's about 3 hours from me. If I went I'd be tempted to buy something, so I'll stay home.  :(

Slim
Slim, please take only a digital camera with you.Perhaps your lovely lady.
Make some pics!!
Such kinds of auctions i will never see in Germany.
;)

St. George

I often go - since I know a couple of guys with more money than brains, and we all make the trip.

By the time they're at auction - there's little time for pictures - but if that's what you want - the best way to get them is to pay through the nose for a copy of the catalog.

RIA - and other big Auction Houses - charge an exorbitant 'Buyer's Premium' for the privilege of giving them business - though they will provide a free copy of the catalog to previous buyers.

By the time the various fees have been paid - well, you'd better 'really' want to own the gun...

I've never seen a single one that I wanted 'that' badly...

On the other hand - oftentimes, the 'lesser', more common pieces don't fetch much at all - and some dealers count on this happy fact to add to their inventories.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com