Groups near Kent, Ohio

Started by Lash Batson, March 01, 2007, 08:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lash Batson

Howdy board,

anybody know if there is a CAS group located near Kent, Ohio? Would love to check out a CAS match in person.

Thanks—

Silver Creek Slim

Below is a link to the SASS affiliated clubs in OH.
http://sassnet.com/AClubs-OH-001A.php

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Dr. Bob

Howdy LB,

There is an NCOWS posse in Defiance, OH, but I don't know if that is near you.  Contact info can be found on the Posse Page of the NCOWS web site ncows.org.  Good luck finding one close.  You will find lots of new friends willing to share lots!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Four-Eyed Buck

Tusco Long Riders in Midvale( east of New Philadelphia), Firelands Peacemakers in Rochester, Ohio valley Vigilantes in Mansfield area, Wild, Wild West Point in Lisbon.
Tusco shoots the first Saturday of the month, March 3rd( tomorrow) is the next match............Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

RRio

I'm a former Buckeye from Akron myself, but have to admit I am not familiar with these locations:

http://www.sassnet.com/AClubs-OH-001A.php

Hope that helps.
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Lash Batson

Thanks Gents for the information Tusc looks to be the closest group, about 90 minutes away. Not too bad I guess.

But that brings up another question, I see from the responses that there are different Cowboy Action Shooting societies, how many different groups are there, and are there differences, for example, between NCOWS and SASS?

Thanks—

Four-Eyed Buck

NCOWS is more into the Historical aspect, while SASS is more fantasy based. Both are good outfits..................Buck 8) ;)

Four-Eyed Buck

Silver Creek Slim

There's Western 3 Gun (W3G) also. I don't think there are any matches in the Midwest. The following link might help explain the differences of SASS and NCOWS.
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,12397.0.html

Here are the links to the different groups' websites.
www.sassnet.com
www.ncows.org
www.western3gun.com

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Dr. Bob

Lots of CAS shooters that I know belong to both groups.  Great folks in both.  NCOWS allows some guns that SASS doesn't and SASS allows some that NCOWS doesn't.  You won't go wrong with either or both.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Johnny Gringo

I live in Cuyahoga Falls-Firelands is only about an hour drive for me.
"Give Doc the shotgun-they'll be less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer"...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com