Hats!

Started by El Mac, February 16, 2007, 11:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Mac

Any of you folk ever bought a hat from this bunch?:
http://www.cmhats.com/

Wymore Wrangler

I've personally never bought one, but they do have a good reputation...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Camille Eonich

I have one!  Excellent hat and excellent customer service.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

El Mac

Quote from: Camille Eonich on February 17, 2007, 03:33:20 PM

Camille, did you get fitted there at their shop or did you jus purchase online?

Camille Eonich

I sent an e-mail and then Smitty, I think that's his name, called me to get the order and tell me  how to measure.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Doc Shapiro

Smitty and his bride are great!  They make really nice hats at a very competitive price.  Good stuff.

lonedog

I have one and it is my pride and joy. 100% beaver, natural color.  Warm in winter, cool in summer, waterproof, impervious to all weather.

It was not cheap but I expect it will outlast me.  Pay the price for and get the best, cry only once.

Got it at the tent at EOT.  Smitty is the man for the ultimate in cowboy hats.

I cannot recommend the 100% beaver, natural color highly enuff.

I only had cheapo hats before and the difference is unreal.  Go for it.

Oh yeah, mine is the "Open Range" crease and it is loud and proud.

El Mac

Thanks for your post Lonedog...I sent you an email. 

El Mac

Where do most other folks get their hats?

Camille Eonich

Mikes makes a beautiful hat also.  You aren't limited to what is on his web site.  He'll do anything that you want.

http://www.mikescustomhatters.com/
― Clint Eastwood

Delmonico

Myself I like  www.randhats.com   I've looked at a lot of hats from different makers, some good, some not worth half what was paid for them.  Rand is the best I've ever looked at, but since he made the Quigley hat, the ones for Lonesome Dove and most all the hats for most of the modern western you know he does good work.

One thing I do want to know, when someone lists a fur/beaver blend I do want to know the ratio.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

lonedog

El Mac, sorry I deleted your e-mail without opening it as I always do if not expecting one or recognizing sender.

Try me again.

Texas Tall

Quote from: Camille Eonich on February 17, 2007, 03:33:20 PM

Yeah Cammy and I sure hope you are looking after it for me....................LOL :D ;D ;D

See ya..............TT. ;) ;)

If you've gotta cheat ta win, you've only beaten y'self.
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

Camille Eonich

YOu bet I am TT.   ;D
― Clint Eastwood

El Mac

Quote from: lonedog on February 19, 2007, 09:45:39 AM
I have one and it is my pride and joy. 100% beaver, natural color.  Warm in winter, cool in summer, waterproof, impervious to all weather.

It was not cheap but I expect it will outlast me.  Pay the price for and get the best, cry only once.

Got it at the tent at EOT.  Smitty is the man for the ultimate in cowboy hats.

I cannot recommend the 100% beaver, natural color highly enuff.

I only had cheapo hats before and the difference is unreal.  Go for it.

Oh yeah, mine is the "Open Range" crease and it is loud and proud.

I went by their shop the other day and got fitted and placed my order!  Very nice folks there.  I can't wait to get my hat!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com