Brought my new baby home today.

Started by Frenchie, February 14, 2007, 10:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frenchie

Can't wait for the good weather.

Will house sit for ammunition.  ;D
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Major 2

Shazammmmmm .... that's nice...
What caliber ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Dusty Morningwood

Pretty!  Looks like the ASM model I had, only I bet yours will shoot!  ;D

will52100

Good looking gun.  I got one not too long back in 44 colt.  First one had a 44 cylinder and a 45 barrel.  Wondered why the bullets were hitting the target sideways.  Got that one replace and wore all the bluing off the high spots on the cylinder engraving from rubbing on the water table where the alignment pins upset the frame metal just a bit.  Ground that down a hair and no more rubbing there.  At the same time the cylinder developed a ring around the cylinder from the locking bolt rubbing.  Stoned a hair off the bolt face and buffed it to a polish and no more rubbing.  I lightly sanded and rust blued the cylinder(may go ahead and do the barrel, trigger gaurd and backstrap and ejector to match) and now it looks as good as it shoots.  First one with the wrong caliber barrel had no rubbing and fit and finish were exceptional with outstanding wood.  Just the wrong size barrel.

Why didn't I send it back?  Because bar non, this is the most accurate handgun I've ever shoot.  Including match grage military 45's, colt gold cups and a browning highpower.  If I do my part I can get sub 1" groups even with the hammer notch sights.  I love the ballance and feel and kinda wish I'd gotten anouther instead of the earlier 72OT I'd got, but I got it running rite now so I'll keep shooting it.

All in all I'm very happy with mine even after everything I went through.
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms

litl rooster

I want one     ahhh heck I want 2
Mathew 5.9

Nine Toe Jim

I got one in 45 Schofield. Shot great right out of the box. You will have to pry it from my cold dead hands. Actually I have an 1872 and an RM both in 45 Schofield and I feel the same about them both

Old Age and Treachery Will Overcome Youth and Skill
WARTHOG, SASS 678, GOFWG, GAF, Quigley Shooter

Frenchie

Quote from: Major 2 on February 14, 2007, 11:58:10 PM
Shazammmmmm .... that's nice... What caliber?

.44 Colt. Since it's a "modern" gun, I believe the bore is .429", is that right? It'll handle .44 Russian too, I think.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

litl rooster

Quote from: Frenchie on February 17, 2007, 07:12:18 PM
.44 Colt. Since it's a "modern" gun, I believe the bore is .429", is that right? It'll handle .44 Russian too, I think.

O.K. it's your fault went and order the first one.  The same way .44 colt, it was in my plans since I could use the same bullet as my .44-40 a .429
Mathew 5.9

Cincinnati Slim

Howdy,

Mighty Nice !

I for-sure wish Uberti would QUIT using that thick muddy red varnish on their wood. :P

B.T.W. don't try and strip it off. It's about 1/16 thick, hard as heck to get off and the grips will wind up UNDERSIZE ! Ya oughta try some of them Cimarron/Buffalo Brothers faux ivory grips on that baby.

Got a "Mexican Eagle" set on my 1860 conversion, really like 'em !

Happy Trails,

Slim

Fox Creek Kid

Slim, the original civilian model Colts' pistols had exactly the same varnished look. The military models had oiled grips. It's authentic as is re the grips. The bluing & case colors are another story however.

Coffinmaker

Even though some question the "authenticity" of the case colors done by Turnbull.  I really tempted to ship out my conversions and Open Tops for Turnbull Color Case.  Maybe not the most "authentic" but I just love the vibrant colors.  I also like the clear coat that protects the finish.

Coffinmaker

Halfway Creek Charlie

Frenchie,
Glad to meet ya here,
I bought your R&D 38 Drop-in and yer holster and frogs. Since I bought the Pietta R&D from you I just had to go out and find an 1851 Navy...or two. The frogs will be sporting my new Pietta 1851 Navy's, a consecutively numbered pair I got off Gunbroker and boy I am impressed with the quality! they came with action jobs.

I named them Thelma & Louise
                                                                  Thelma

Louise

That is one nice "Baby" you got there!. I want a couple too!
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com