Gettin' Out

Started by Texas Trail Boss, February 12, 2007, 08:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Trail Boss

Howdy Pards & Pardettes.  As most of you know, I have not been on the cowboy sites for a while now.  Some of you I'm sure are ok with that, lol and some have emailed me asking if all is well.  Yes, I am doing fine healthwise & otherwise.  I have just made a few adjustments in life.

After careful evaluation & some serious contenplating, I have decided to get out of the CAS & re-enacting business all together.  It has been a great ride and I have had the best time I can remember ever.  Y'all have been just wonderful folks & I can't believe how friendly & caring everyone has been.  You just don't come across such good folks in any other field I have ever been in.  CAS has been a true eye opening experience for me and many of you have shown me & taught me a great deal about CAS, friendship and that there are truly good folks in this world today.  For that, I am eternally grateful.

Georgia (Itty Bitty Storm) & I have enjoyed a wonderful life in CAS and have met some great friends & pards over the years.  CAS & re-enacting is no longer the same for me since the The Good Lord called Georgia home so, that is also a big factor in my decision to leave CAS & re-enacting.  There comes a time in life where change is necessary and that time has come for me.  I don't regret a moment of my life in this great world of CAS & re-enacting and again... I am grateful for all the friends & great times we had together.

In the next couple of days, I will post all of my guns, leather goods, hats, clothing, ladies items and ammo on CAS City Classifieds.  Those of you who have purchased items from me in the past know that all of my gear & guns are in top notch condition & well cared for.  If you have any questions about certain items or are looking for certain items, please do not hesitate to email me with those questions or comments.  I can be reached at: eosimages@cox.net

Thank you all for the wonderful memories and great friendships.  I will never forget my time in CAS & re-enacting.  It has been a big part of my life and y'all have made me a part of something special that I am forever grateful.  Take care & the best of luck to each & every one of you.

Yer' pard & friend,
Texas Trail Boss aka Badlands Walker.
SASS #56805, PWDFR POSSE, WARTHOG,
GOFWG, SBSS, SUDDS, ROB.
A Singer of Cowboy Songs

RRio

Sure sorry to hear that, pard.  :(  Just remember you got a place here at CAS City if you ever change your mind.
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Rawhide Rio on February 12, 2007, 10:24:56 AM
Sure sorry to hear that, pard.  :(  Just remember you got a place here at CAS City if you ever change your mind.
Here, here.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Silent Joe

Amigo, it is with sadness feelings, that I read your message. We've never met each other in life, but I think you were a good Pard to rideone. I will wish you all the best in the future and a lot of strength to go on without I.B.S. That the Good Lord lightning your path. Silent Joe  :(

harycalahand

Everone has the right to pick there own road Sorry we never got a chance to meet, and about your loss. Personnaly anyone with Texas in there handel  has to be aces. Rember the road that leads out also shows the way home. May the peace that passes all understanding be yours. DIRTY HARY

Wymore Wrangler

Fair winds pardner, and I hope you find the grail you are searching for...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Coop Trawlaine

Easy trails and quiet sunsets, Pard.   I understand you and your decision and you always know how to get in touch with me.  I will always value the friendship we developed.

Your Pard
Coop
Coop Trawlaine SASS #63617, SCORRS, WartHog, SUDDS #188, IPSAC #47
Aka: Walt Lange
"Trawlaine" ISBN 1-4137-7738-4
"Trawlaine's Land" ISBN -09479379-0-8
Western Writers of America
Society of Southwestern Authors
www.waltlange.com

Texas Trail Boss

I sure do appreciate the kind words pards.  It was a hard decision for me to make but, I know I have made the right choice.  We all know how expensive hobbies can be and I have decided to chase my first love in the field of wildlife/nature photography.  It's just too expensive to have both hobbies and like I said, the CAS world & re-enacting just isn't the same without Itty Bitty.  She played a big part in this cowboy world with me & I will miss it just as much as I miss her.

I have played around in the field of photography since the early 70's and it's time to start making all that expensive equipment work for itself.  Hell, I might just show up at some shoots & take a bunch of photos for y'all.  No, I don't plan to compete with the fellers already doing it, my line of work is much different.  Anywho, it's been a great ride and I hope one day to see many of you down the road.  I plan to travel alot with the camera equipment so, who knows where this old cowboy will wind up!

BTW, I have been asked about the PWDFR Posse.  That will remain an active club and I will turn over the lead as soon as the details are worked out.  Via Con Dios Amigos!
GOFWG, SBSS, SUDDS, ROB.
A Singer of Cowboy Songs

Mustang Gregg

TX TB:
Good luck, Pard!
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Sod Buster

Quote from: Rawhide Rio on February 12, 2007, 10:24:56 AM

Yup.  We'll keep you a spot at the campfire.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Texas Trail Boss

GOFWG, SBSS, SUDDS, ROB.
A Singer of Cowboy Songs

Marshal harpoluke

:(

Missing You already,  always a Fresh pot of Coffee on the fire.

I'll miss Your candar and insite.

Come by N visit sometimes.

Marshal Harpoluke
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Texas Trail Boss

I surely do appreciate them kind words there Marshal.  It's always good to know you can come back iffn' you get the hankerin'.  Y'all are too kind indeed.

GOFWG, SBSS, SUDDS, ROB.
A Singer of Cowboy Songs

Texas Tall

Hey there Pard, Sorry to see that you have decided to walk away from the CAS sport/hobby but I can understand you reasoning for the move.

I hope things brighten up soon and please drop in to CAS CITY from time to time and say Hi.

Regards from downunder.........................Texas Tall. ;) ;)
If you've gotta cheat ta win, you've only beaten y'self.
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

NARVOUS

Take care will miss you :(

Your pard

Narvous
Narvous
Cowboy on the Rocken H Ranch

Take care of your gun and it will take care of you.
My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/NARVOUS/

Dakota Dan from OZ

Take care of yourself Texas Trail Boss we will miss you.Call in from time to time and say "HI" to us.

Dakota  8)

Proud member of the PWDFR Posse.

My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Texas Trail Boss

Just stopped by to say Howdy!  ;)
GOFWG, SBSS, SUDDS, ROB.
A Singer of Cowboy Songs

Marshal harpoluke

;D

Howdy!,

Good to here from You again.  Hope things ar better.
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Frenchie

God bless and Godspeed, friend. I'm the poorer for not having met you or your lady, but I think this still applies:

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
May the rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May the Lord hold you in the palm of His hand.
Yours, &c.,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance
Vous pouvez voir par mes vêtements que je ne suis pas un cowboy.

Slone Stranger

Howdy Bo,
Although I can't know just how your feeling, I can relate having lost my first wife to leukemia. She was just 34 years old. I felt like I didn't want to do the same things or go to the same places anymore and for a while I didn't. But I can tell you that time seems to soften all things. I still have moments when I see something that brings back memories, but I like to think she's just sending it to me to just say "Hi, I'm still with you,"
Pard, I know you gotta do what you gotta do, and I certainly respect that. Just remember you have a bunch of family here that will always be here for you. Hope ya stop in every now and again ta say howdy!
All my best, pard!
Slone
(<> ﺮ <>)

Hi-Yo Sterling! Outa Here!!

Kings River Regulators 181
SASS #39995

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com