Road Trip!!!

Started by Major E A Sterner, February 04, 2007, 07:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major E A Sterner

Howdy Y'all,
Well, I think I have my family talked into a road trip type vacation South of the Mason/Dixon line. we will be traveling to Virginia, North Carolina ,South Carolina and maybe into Georgia. what I'd like to get is some suggestions for things to see and do while driving around. I want to check out some of the War of Northern aggression battlefields while there. Are there any other "Must See" things I should look into. Thanks for any help. We will be traveling the first week of April. Oh, and if you know of any areas to stay away from, let me know about that as well, Thanks
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Tensleep

Majer, the Petersburg Battlefield and Pamplin Park near Petersburg Va are must see sites.
Pamplin Parks Museum of the Civil War Soldier is rated outstanding.

http://www.pamplinpark.org/

http://members.aol.com/tiermensch/PetersburgBattleCrater.html
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Dr. Bob

Howdy Maj.,

Mt Vernon and Monticello are both worth seeing in Virginia.  Manassas is supposed to have some good historical interpreters.  Colonial Williamsburg is there too.  Sounds like a good time to be there!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Camille Eonich

SInce you're gonna be down here are ya gonna come and shoot with us? ;D
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Major E A Sterner

I'd like to, but we'll be traveling for about 9 days and I'm not sure what states my CCW's are good in. any help in this area would be appreciated
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Hill Beachy

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on February 06, 2007, 05:55:35 PM
I'd like to, but we'll be traveling for about 9 days and I'm not sure what states my CCW's are good in. any help in this area would be appreciated

Major:  Check this website for CCW reciprocity:  http://www.nraila.org/recmap/usrecmap.aspx  Note that they do not update as frequently as they should.  I recommend checking both the state which issued your CCW as well as the states to which you will be traveling.

HB
"But you know you can still smell the roses,
When you're running with them in your hand..."  -- Slim Dusty

Major E A Sterner

Thanks Hill, I'll take a look
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

Kayleen

If you geyt a chanace to go see Biltmore Estates, you will not regret it. That place is packed full of history and it is truly awesome.
For me just being the mountain regin is grand.
Fairfax Virginia is where the NRA museum is and well worth the visit.
Kayleen

Big Dipstick

Ifn ya aint carryin concealed ya aint gotta worry about the CCW, jes lockem up in a case unloaded. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com