Finally, getting ammo loaded in the off season.

Started by Adirondack Jack, January 23, 2007, 07:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adirondack Jack

Every year  I tell myself "I'll get a bunch loaded up ahead, won't need to play catch up during the March-November shooting season," or at least not so bad.

Finally looks like I'm gonna make it come to pass this year.

Took delivery of 10 lbs of 777 FFG today, which will do about 5300 rounds of Cowboy .45 Special.  Also got in 4 lbs of 700X, which will do 6500 rounds of practice ammo (I cheat, no gun cleaning on practice days).

I have about 3000 bullets cast, and am halfway through lubing em (luber is heating up as I type this), so I'm soon to have all the bullets lubed.

I have about 600 rounds loaded right now, and 3000 primers on hand (Dang they are high and scarce right now) so I guess I'm gonna buy (from myself) 2000 rounds of C 45 S brass and get on with it.  In the Spring of last year I bought a Dillon, and played catch up all year.  This year I'm ready to crank em out :)

Meanwhile I only own 100 rounds of 12 GA mag tech brass, and I got them loaded up yesterday, using the last of the shot I had on hand.  I did acquire a Mec  press, but need to scrounge some spent shells before I can use it.  Gonna try that plastic shell thing I guess.

I got a call in, gonna get somewhere between 250 and 500 lbs of shot, so I'm not fooling around with it for the near term and will have some to resell.

Oh dang, I forgot, gotta order wads for the 12 ga. Running low.

ANYWAY, finally gonna have a fair jump on this ammo supply thing this year.

How bout you pards?

Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

john boy

... 2 cases of  7 1/2 square loads with Wano FFg - Done
... 1000 Colts with Wano FFFg - Done
... 5 boxes of MagTec's - Done
... 50#'s of PRS's - Done.  Gotta lube them though
... 20#'s of Lyman 454190's (they are 2 deep grooved 255gr bullets) - Done.  Talked with a bullet caster about running them through his automatic luber this evening
... 300 Ideal 37583's cast for Gallery Matches - Done
... 200 reloads: 454 Casull's for Lever Long range - Done
... 100 reloads: Lyman 378674's for Long Range SS Matches- Done
... 200 reloads: Lyman 457123's for Long range SS Matches - Done
... Another Split case of Wano & Swiss - Done
Off to the friendly reload supplier this Friday for primers - To Do - Done!

Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

hellgate

You've nudged me a little closer to getting going on the winter reloading for summer big shoots. I usually only need to put up about 5-600 rounds of rifle ammo for the annual matches I attend. It's always my grade A cast bullets and shotgun hulls. The grade B & C stuff goes for the monthlies. Since I shoot Frontiersman it's a matter of casting up a bunch of .454 round ball 'cause I do my reloadin' at the unloading table whilst I check shooters coming off the firing line. Thanks for the prodding by setting such a good  example of planning ahead.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Dick Dastardly

My shelves sag, my ammo boxes are all full and winter is still young.  Some of my ammo is nigh on to Four years old and I'm goin' to start rotating my stock.

Cabin fever is settin' in.  I gotta shoot.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Bristow Kid

500 rds Starline Brass .45 Colt -ordered
500 Chey-cast bullets  for the .45 Colt -ordered
.45-70 brass clean and deprimed
Have a few .45-70 bullets on hand  need to order more.
Need to order some powder.
Thats all I got done I better get it in gear but up here in the frozen plains we won't be shooting till late March at the soonest so I got a little time left.

Bristow Kid
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Driftwood Johnson

Howdy Boys

I prefer to wait until the last minute.

Seriously though, as soon as my new Star lubrisizer shows up I'll lube the 600 Mav-Duthman bullets I have on hand. I just don't wanna fight with the RCBS anymore. I have about 300 PRS 250s sized and lubed. Yeah, not much I know, gotta buy some more lead and find a warm weekend to do some more casting.

I just got some more Circle Fly wads, so I don't have an excuse to not load up some shotgun. I've got plenty of powder for now, gonna try Schuetzen for the first time in my 44-40 and 45 Colt loads. I'll save my remaining Goex for shotgun.

Now, if I could just find that darn Round Tuit.........
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Dick Dastardly

Lately, I've been taken with the thought of easin' back and plannin' for my next project.  Oh heck, there goes the neighborhood. . .

DD-DLoS

FWIW, take a look at my next thread. .
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Pukin Dog

Whew!  Just finished my reloading last week.  Now I need to take my guns down and get them all cleaned, lubed and ready to go.  Sure glad I don't live in the warm climates or I'd never get it all done!

Lets see -

150 Magtech brass 12 ga done
450 Win AA 12 ga done
~1400 44-40 Mav-Dutch done
~1200 45 Colt w/ J/P200 done

That should take me through the season pretty much ;D
"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com