Alessandro Pietta

Started by Col. Riddles, January 17, 2007, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: alchimista on February 08, 2007, 11:15:10 PMehi Marshal,
I can not answer to your e.mail and to this post.
There's an heavy insurance situation behind your question......  :-X ...... the unique answer that you always receive from me is: our guns can stand up if you always use orginal parts and original cylinders, with the right load.
I understand. LOL, wouldn't it be nice without the insurance companies and lawyers? One question, then. Are the frames on the 1858's hammer forged? Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Cincinnati Slim

Howdy Pards,

There are a BUNCH of folks out there shootin' Pietta Remmies with conversion cylinders.

I'm one of them ! :D

The R&D and the Kirst folks are real clear on only using "cowboy" lead bullet loads or reloads using Black Powder or one of the subs in these here cylinders. If'n your after "magnum" power levels get yourself a Ruger Old Army. These Pietta and Uberti Remmies are made of better steel than the original Remigtons were but c'mon folks !  :P These are "cowboy guns", made for mild easy shootin' loads. Use some common sense and they'll last a good long time. If ya want something unbreakableget yourself a Ruger !

Happy Trails,

Cincinnati Slim

p.s. nice to here from "Alchemista", thanks for making a good product at a very fair price !

alchimista

Marshal,
they are casting.... and this can garantee you the good quality of the material  ;)

Marshal Will Wingam

OK, pard. Thanks. I was wondering about that.  ;)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Curley Cole

Alchimista:
I realize this is the SCORRs forum, but thought I would drop a note to the man.....

I love the GW2. I now have 4 of them. (above is one of the custom nickel that I put some real ivory grips from Boones Traders in Washington. It is really beautiful.) The photo does not do it justice.

I have a question if you could reply:
I have gotten a mate to the above gun and am putting the same ivory grips on it. RAB (at EMF) and I went through all the GW2 he had in stock, and they now do not have the patent dates on the side and have changed the writing on the side of the barrel to only read 45LC. Was there a reason for this change.
I imagine Colt may have had some input, but Could  the wording on the barrel stayed some what the same?  No matter, I think it is a fine gun, and my gunsmith at Walker 47 says it truely is the closest thing to a Colt made, So you should be proud.
Thank you for your time.
Tony "Curley Cole"
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

alchimista

thank you Curley.
very nice grips. In Italy it's realy hard to fing ivory.... yours is great!!

As I wrote you we dely the two lines on our frame because we do not want have any problem with Colt's. There's no trade mark but .. you know.....

Curley Cole

Thank you for your replies.

I get my grips from a place called Boones Traders. They also sell excellent poly ivories...(I put them on some Taylors...shhhh don't tell any one I got something other then GW2...)

Curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Old Top

Alchimista,

That pistol looks even better in person, and curly cries every tiime it gets dirty or smuged.  ;D ;D ;D

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

alchimista

Quote from: Old Top on February 09, 2007, 11:50:00 PM

That pistol looks even better in person, and curly cries every tiime it gets dirty or smuged.  ;D ;D ;D

:D :D

Halfway Creek Charlie

I think it's tooooo pretty to shoot...better send it to me so I can just look at it lovingly...and SHOOT IT and get it all dirty and sooty and, and , and, ......LOL

Nice pistola.

SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Curley Cole

HCC,

I believe I have had a couple of similar offers. I have to say the gun is the prettiest gun I have ever seen. The nickel is so rich.(the picture really does not do it justice.)

And if you ever are in the market for poly-ivory (with real ivory powder mixed in) or the real thing..check out Boone Traders in Washington. (poly-ivories for 2nd gen and clones are $35 a pair, REAL ivorys are $325 a pair...)

Old Top laffs at me for cleaning it after each stage....<g>

Curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Halfway Creek Charlie

Well I'll tell you! My Original Remington Conversions will be cleaned after every stage too. I shot my newest one tonight for the first time in the dark for effect and she performed fantasticly. My first Origianl conversion shot well also. I hadn't shot BP at night for a long long time (35-40 years). These old girls barked and belched fire like they did 142-3 years ago with nary a hitch. I am very pleased with them.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Steel Horse Bailey

I'd be proud, too, Charlie!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Harley Starr

Alchimista:
I realize that this is a SCORRS forum, but I need to know...

I really admire the 1851 Navy .44 caliber revolver with the steel frame and the silver plated backstrap and triggerguard. But do the backstraps and triggerguards start out as brass and are later silver plated?

--Ridgway
A work in progress.

Jamie

I just started reading this thread, and I'm blown away by the fact that there's a regular conversation going on with someone who not only builds the things we love, but is willing to inform/discuss/shoot the breeze with us in a forum like this.  I believe Alessandro Pietta pretty much defines the term "seriously cool."  Wow!  Thanks for being real, available, and interested. Frankly, I think I'll be picking up a Pietta NMA in the not too distant future. 
Jamie

Bow View Haymaker

I am wondering if there is or could someday be plans for Pieta to build a 1875 remington? 
I really like my Pietta NMA (58) Remington and nickle plated Pietta SAA.  An 1875 remmington by Pietta would fill in the gap nicely.
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Curley Cole

Alcimista,

This thread has fallen a little behind. I now own SEVEN of your fine GW2.

Also, Old Top would like to thank you for the screws (1860's) Now he will probably try to talk you out of a couple of those neat new triggers. He has been spending almost 18 months getting the 60 grips and tg/bs, and when we held your Alchimista model at EMF, I swear I saw tears in his eyes...

and to all you other folks,
If you haven't held and worked the action on the Alchimista, woowee...the action is smoother than anything I have ever held...
Alchimista should be really proud of that work of art...

good shootin all..

Curley

PS when Top gets the 1860 grips and bs/tg on his GW's I will post a picture..
The Cowboys
dammit gang

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Ridgway on March 19, 2009, 10:27:21 PM
Alchimista:
I realize that this is a SCORRS forum, but I need to know...

I really admire the 1851 Navy .44 caliber revolver with the steel frame and the silver plated backstrap and triggerguard. But do the backstraps and triggerguards start out as brass and are later silver plated?

--Ridgway

As I'm NOT a member of the fine Pietta organization, nor is my CAS City alias "alchimista" but I  think the answer is yes, brass (actually a bronze, which is sturdier) with plating over it.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Harley Starr

Thank you Steel Horse Bailey.
A work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com