Would you buy a HRAC rifle if it had the 1860 style mag tube and barrel???

Started by Dakota Widowmaker, November 22, 2006, 11:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If the Henry Repeating Arms Company of New York were to make a model with a sleeved barrle that had a full length integrated magazine tube like the 1860 Henry does, would you buy one?

Yes, its American made and would be "good enough"
10 (12.8%)
Nope, its still not close enough... get a rope
43 (55.1%)
I might not buy one, but, I would certainly appreciate the historical effort enough not to make fun of those who bought one
25 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Ace Lungger

When i first started looking for my guns, I knew right off that I was never going to shoot a SASS event or any registered type shoot. I am doing this for me and nobody but me. I just want to have fun!
  I didn't do any research on CAS, I just thought that you had to have a six shooter, lever action rifle, and a double barrel shot gun. So before I had bought anything other than my pistol, I went down to a shoot in S.W. Mo. just to watch and see how things worked! See, I got this old Winchester that I am very proud of, although it is a 94 it was my great grand father and he was a Temp. Texas Ranger, so my plans was to shoot this rifle ( I have never shot store bought shells because the old gun is nickle steel, has lots of spurs marks on the stock, and the barrel wasn't cleaned very well, I killed my first white tail buck with that rifle,I put it away and hadn't shot it in 30 years, i load a 105gr M1 carbine bullet with a little red Dot, fun gun to shoot.
Sorry about the side track, so I go to my semi local gun store where over the years I have spent enough money. So I go in and tell the owner what I wanted, and he said he had just what I needed. He handed me this rifle that had a pretty reciever, NICE SITES, but wood for a forearm side eject and they called it a Henry, I nicely handed him the gun back and said thanks but no thanks. All the way home, I realy got upset, a Henry is not a Henry if it has wood forearm and ejects out the side. So I got home and surfed and surfed, and all the other real repo were so high for a new one. So the next week, I went back, and looked it over again, NICE Shights, nice wood, nice brass, and the action was real smooth. Temptation got to me, and I bought it. Brand new out of the door for $650.00, that left me with at least $200.00 to buy other stuff that I needed.
I got it home, went to the range, and it shoots so sweat, shot a box of shells and hit the dinger everytime, everyone that has shot it, realy likes it.
No it aint no Henry, but it is a lever action rifle, since buying it, I have bought a 66, and it doesn't shoot a bit better, and I am going get out my calipers, and if a front site like is on my other (lever action) will fit, I am going to order one for the 66
Just my thoughts!!
Ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Sgt Sourdough

I just like the the style of no forestock is just works for me. I would buy one from HRAC.

sundance44`s

Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Fingers McGee

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Major 2

when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com