Cimarron Conversion Update

Started by Fox Creek Kid, November 17, 2006, 07:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Creek Kid

Talked to Cimarron today & they just received approx. 70 "Man With No Name" conversions, but no Richards Type II's.  :'( :'(

Major 2

Valerie told me Dec. 1 ( maybe this was the shipment they were expecting ) DANG !
when planets align...do the deal !

Fox Creek Kid

Talked to Valerie at Cimarron today: no Richards Type II's expected for approx. 45 days.  :'( :'(

Major 2

That will put it about February.... the one year anniversary of my order  :(

litl rooster

Why does it take this long? Anyone have any clue.     I was thinking of ordering a pair. I don't know if I can wait a year.
Mathew 5.9

Major 2

Rooster

It's a new model.... I supect Cimarron just jumped the gun (no pun intended ) introducing it for 2006.
They exist.... Bootsie has his in Germany.
It may be a Customs issue or some other redtape.
I doubt, you get one or 2 from the first shipment.... But I don't think you will have to wait as long as Fox Creek Kid & I have .
We ordered back in Feb. & March 06 before they were even manufactured.

litl rooster

Quote from: Major 2 on December 16, 2006, 01:26:22 PM
Rooster

It's a new model.... I supect Cimarron just jumped the gun (no pun intended ) introducing it for 2006.
They exist.... Bootsie has his in Germany.
It may be a Customs issue or some other redtape.
I doubt, you get one or 2 from the first shipment.... But I don't think you will have to wait as long as Fox Creek Kid & I have .
We ordered back in Feb. & March 06 before they were even manufactured.

Since I haven't seen anyone else offering them, I will probably get my $$$$ and name on a list ;D
Mathew 5.9

Fox Creek Kid

Hey Major 2, if you just happen by chance to walk pass the Cimarron booth at the Shot Show in a little over a week you just might want to ask "WHERE IN THE HE _ _ ARE THESE GUNS!!!???" ;D

Long Johns Wolf

You may want to talk to Giacomo Merlino or Suzanne Webb of Uberti, Gardone, at the forthcoming Shot Show regarding availability of the Richards II in the USA. They are the manufacturers of the pistol and they will be at the show.
Bootsie
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Major 2

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on January 02, 2007, 09:30:57 PM
Hey Major 2, if you just happen by chance to walk pass the Cimarron booth at the Shot Show in a little over a week you just might want to ask "WHERE IN THE HE _ _ ARE THESE GUNS!!!???" ;D

;D already highlighted on my floor plan.... I'll be there with a Camera.

Funny Ubreti is not on the plan but the Beretta, Benneli & Stoeger area is HUGE ...so I'm guessing they are there.
I have located Cimarron , USFA , Colt , Taylor Co. (need to stop by to say hi to Tammy & Sue ) the SASS booth all Highlighted among others.

Black River Smith

Where is this Shot Show?  What state and city?
Black River Smith

Major 2

Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida

Fox Creek Kid

Major, I called Cimarron today as sort of a "hail Mary" before the Shot Show & they have heard nothing from Uberti on these guns as of late.  :'(   Imagine this: the new prodcucts for 2006 will be even "newer" for 2007!!!  ;D :D ::)

Major 2

I'll look again at the target load ins,  I think Cimarron loads in Tuesday, I know the Uberti/Beretta load in starts Monday.
I'll have some definitive answer at some point this week, as to when we might see them here in the States.

Major 2

Well I though I could give y'all an answer .. fact is Cimarron dose not know themselves.
I did confirm Mine is in the first shipment ( having ordered in Feb 06 )
They only had one to show, and it a beauty...

I even offered to expedite their booths load out at Shot with priority shipping of their flown sign.
I'll do it anyway  ;) but it made a point ... so they have me in mind and will call when the TYPE II hits customs.

Long Johns Wolf

Thanks for the Shot Show update.
I'll X fingers that your RII gets to you soon.
Bootsie
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

HANCOCK

I checked the Cim site today to see if these are still listed as "new for 2006" and they are not . They have however moved them to the standard run of the mill everyday listing of conversions.(As if someone could surf to their website, pick out a caliber ,which they now list as having 4 different ones available,pick out a finish , and actually BUY one)
Somehow they didn't list anything as "new for 2007".
I may have just figured it out however, one of the science chanels just had a story on it about ships that were stuck in the ice somewhere in the north Atlantic.There was a Russian ice breaker there helping to get them unstuck and on their way, so our wait may soon be over . Surely, one of these ships contain the shipment of these Type II's that we have been waiting for .
We know that they have been in production for a long time now, because Bootsie has been enjoying his for weeks now, so it has to be only a transpotation issue.

HANCOCK

Fox Creek Kid

Quote...because Bootsie has been enjoying his for weeks now...

Weeks?  MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'(

Major 2

;D Hmmmm The Mediterranean iced over ?  ;D

And they say we have Global warming !  :P

Bootsie's is in 44 so there are at least 2 calibers (44 & 45 Cold)... I suspect a 38 is coming. 44/40 maybe ?

Charlie Hudson told me at Shot, they have no idea why... but the shipment might be waiting when they got home to Fredericksburg, TX.
Saddly I've heard nothing, since the show closed Sunday the 13th.

litl rooster

Seems you guys have better luck than I do.........I have emailed and called both Cimarron and Taylor's about these type guns (R/M's and the conversions) and never get replys.   So if you want to order them how do you get it done?

would love a pair in .44-40
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com