Hollywood & the OK Corral book

Started by Monument Valley Mike, November 15, 2006, 10:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monument Valley Mike

Just an FYI........

My latest book, HOLLYWOOD AND THE OK CORRAL, is now out. It details the making of 8 films on the famous gunfight, with several rare behind-the-scene photos.

The films covered are: FRONTIER MARSHAL (1939), TOMBSTONE-THE TOWN TOO TOUGH TO DIE (1942), MY DARLING CLEMENTINE (1946), GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL (1957), HOUR OF THE GUN (1967), DOC (1970), TOMBSTONE (1993) and WYATT EARP (1994).

It lists for $39.95 from the publisher, McFarland and Co., +postage/handling.
www.mcfarlandpub.com

Or you can get it for $31.96 & FREE shipping by pre-ordering it from Barnes & Noble (they will ship after 11/28). If you have a membership card with Barnes & Noble, you can get it for $28.76 & FREE shipping.

Look for the ad in the December CC next month.

Monument Valley Mike
aka Michael F. Blake

Buffalo Creek Law Dog

Looking forward to it, Mike.

Congrats are in order.

Cheers!
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

W. Cyrus Tolman

Did Jeff Morey ever write a book on the subject?
10% off embalming on any body delivered with my card in their pocket.

Monument Valley Mike

Jeff and Bob Palmquist are currently writing a book on the OK shootout & the trial.

It was hoped it would be out this year in time for the 125th anniversary, but it wasn't.  I know University of Nebraska Press is going to publish it, possibly next year.

Have you ever heard/attended one of Jeff's lecture walks on the gunfight?  I had the opportunity once to take one in when we were both in Tombstone.  They are quite informative and interesting.

Monument Valley Mike

Free Hand

'Lo Mike,
I am most eager to read, and watch, anything I can regarding the Earps, good and bad, due to the fact that they were my great-gradmothers cousions (part of the reason for my alias). I'd like opionons about the most accurate and the best. As for me I'd say Wyatt Earp, for the former; and TRombstone for the later.

Tom B Stone   
"If you can't be part of the solution, at least don't be part of the problem"
"America is too great for small ideas"
"Trust in The Lord, but keep yer powder dry"
"America bless God"
"There ain't no sucha thing as a free lunch!"

Free Hand

Howdy,
Jus' me again this kind of thing is still kinda new to me, I wasn't tryin' ti hijack the thred. My apoligies

Tom B Stone
"If you can't be part of the solution, at least don't be part of the problem"
"America is too great for small ideas"
"Trust in The Lord, but keep yer powder dry"
"America bless God"
"There ain't no sucha thing as a free lunch!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com