Wanted

Started by Waya, November 02, 2006, 10:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waya

O.K.,,, I know this isn't tha place to post this, but given what I've seen of the CAS Wantadds, and after posting the same there, I thought this would be the best place for what I need.

I'm looking to buy a used Uberti 1851 Navy frame. I ran across a box of parts that I thought I had lost and ran across a Legal Defender Conversion Ring & Cylinder, a Uberti '51 Navy barrel and parts that I had purchased, going to area Gun Shows several years ago, and figured i'de build me a Conversion.

If anyone has a used Uberti '51 Navy frame laying around, contact me either through a PM or email,,, it would be appreciated.

And BTW,,,, I'm boring the cylinder chambers out to shoot a .41 Long Colt ctg since the lead slug better fits the barrel lands and groves. The Groves on a Uberti Navy being at .379.

I've already done my homework and math, so all that is needed now is the Frame for my accomplishment.

Thanks Folks  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"

G. Harbinger

Howdy -
I see you've got a Legal Defender cylinder and ring.  You're one up on me, I just picked up the .38 S&W cylinder in a trade along with a ratty brass frame and barrel.  The cylinder actully seems totime well on my Pietta 1851 but I don't have the conversion ring.

Could I convince you to take some measurements of the ring, and preferably a photocopy or scan of it, so that I could make one up? 

G. Harbinger, Washington territoy

Fox Creek Kid

I'd make you a sweet deal on an Uberti '51 Navy (the entire gun) that has had the chambers reamed to 0.389, the same as groove diameter.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com