2007 National Shoot

Started by French Jack, October 16, 2006, 05:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottawa Creek Bill

Jeff,
Hope you make it down to the Nationals next month.....

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Steel Horse Bailey

Me too, Bill - thanks.

Besides, I have tin cans to saberize (?) !
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Dusty Tagalon

I may have to change my catagory. I do not have a reliable hammered double. I ordered a new set of springs for my Stevens 235. I ordered them from Gun Parts inc, they were too small, I sent them back, plus one of the springs I need replaced. Hopefully I will get things worked out.

Dusty

J W Ford Esq.

I'll be there, I have sent my application and received confirmation and have hotel accommidations lined up, will be ther redy to enjoy!

J.W.Ford

gw

JW---Glad to hear you'll be there! You'll like Hootentown. ;D

Dusty---You're welcome to use my 'ol Remington double if you want to---let me know if you want it---it's solid as a rock, but you won't be thumb cocking both hammers at once!
NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quotebut you won't be thumb cocking both hammers at once!

GW,
Isn't that a disease? Something like....ALS?? Assembly Line Shooting?? ;D ;D ;D

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

pawnee jim

June 20th is coming fast.  How many are signed up for the Natioal Shoot?   ???

Steel Horse Bailey

Well, it's lookin' more 'n more like I'll be able to come 'n join the fun.  ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on May 28, 2007, 11:32:46 AM
Well, it's lookin' more 'n more like I'll be able to come 'n join the fun.  ;D

Jeff,
That's great!!

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Dusty Tagalon

GW;

Thanks for the offer, but it won' be necessary, I can have fun in any catagory I shoot.

Dusty

Wes Virginian

Dusty,
     I'll be glad to share my hammered double with you

Wes
Texican Rangers, Co. A, Kanawha Valley Regulators, NRA Life-Endowment, SASS Life 40471, NCOWS 2037, GAF, USN '60/'63.

Dusty Tagalon

Gun Parts Inc have sent the springs, hopefully it will get mine working.

Dusty

Will Ketchum

Brian, I look forward to seeing you.

Pete
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Rowdy Fulcher

Dear Will
Are you ready for the Nationals ,We can't wait .We will arrive on Wednesday Hope to be there by Lunch ,I guess it depends on how fast Doc Goodluck drives the Stage .

Will Ketchum

I'm mostly ready.  I still need to load some 44-40s for the Henry.  I have a bunch of 44 Russians for the main stages and some 45 Colt for the side matches.  I can't hardly wait.

Will Ketchum
Madison, WI

Major Matt Lewis

I got a bit of a ways to go before I am "ready for action," but did get the truck serviced today.  I have been on a reloading binge for the past week.  I will have 2 opportunities to test my new loads to ensure I like them prior to The Nationals.  I personally don't see how anybody can get 500-600 rounds an hour out of a Dillon 650.  I generally don't pass 200 an hour.  Of course I inspect every round prior to capping it with a piece of lead.

Got to get some uniforms squared away too.  I am hard on my shooting apparral.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Major Matt Lewis on June 02, 2007, 05:57:38 PM
  I personally don't see how anybody can get 500-600 rounds an hour out of a Dillon 650.

I hear ya, Rich.  I guess my RL 550B should be renamed an RL250B for the same reason.  I've NEVER been able to get more than 300 rounds per hr. even trying my darndest!  (My wife says I'm VERY darn trying!  ::) )  Like you, I do a lot of 'extra' inspecting as I go.  Safety is WAY more important to me than speed ... and I'm still at least as twice as fast as I was with my Bonanza. (now Forster)

Grizzle Bear

Rich and Jeff:

Yes, you can load the specified 500-600 rounds per hour, IF you are loading full metal jacket boatail bullets.  It also helps to have someone to keep loading primers, filling the powder measure, keeping the feeder hopper full of brass, etc.

Short, fat pistol bullets and greasy black powder lube will slow you down considerably!

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Books OToole

The check & registration are in the mail.

Quote from: Major Matt Lewis on June 02, 2007, 05:57:38 PM
  I generally don't pass 200 an hour. 
Got to get some uniforms squared away too.  I am hard on my shooting apparral.

Hell, I can get 50 per hour with my single-stage set up.  I've got less that $ 100 in my loading bench, press, 3 sets of dies, etc,etc.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Will Ketchum

Quote from: Books OToole on June 04, 2007, 10:50:52 AM
The check & registration are in the mail.

Hell, I can get 50 per hour with my single-stage set up.  I've got less that $ 100 in my loading bench, press, 3 sets of dies, etc,etc.

Books

Heck Mike it takes you almost that long to SHOOT 50 rounds! ;)

Will Ketchum
Madison, WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com