Uberti 1860 R&D .45 Colt cylinder I'm keeping it after all

Started by Tuolumne Lawman, September 28, 2006, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuolumne Lawman

Howdy,

I have decided to sell my Uberti 1860 R&D .45 Colt cylinder. I am relocating to Southern Illinois next summer.  (MY family has been there  for 140 years.)  My cousins all hunt and shoot DCM, etc.. I am uncertain if I will continue cowboy shooting (now IPSC with cowboy hats) when I move, so I decided to invest in non-CAS guns leaning towards hinting and DCM again. I will also continue my Civil War re-enacting, so I am keeping my 1860, Spencer and .54 Sharps.

I have only fired about 50 rounds from it and it works flawlessly.  It is in an upcoming CC article.  I am asking $180 including shipping.

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Tuolumne Lawman

Howdy,

Nope, it's not roll engraved.  I don't think any R&Ds are.

DCM:  an anachronymn for "Dept. of Civilian Marksmanship Program, Dept. of Defense", or some such, I believe.  NRA long range "service rifle" matches shot with M1 Garands, M1As, and AR15s are run in conjunction with DCM.  Participation in them makes you eligble to buy an issue M1 Garand direct from DOD, believe it or not.  Last I heard, though, was that the wait was about 2-3 years.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Black River Smith

What part of Southern Illinois?  How far from St. Louis?  There is not much left as for as Cowboy here, so you may be correct.  But Kent. and Tenn. are still going strong, if you don't mind some travelling.
Black River Smith

Tuolumne Lawman

Howdy,

Jerseyville, in Jersey County Illinois.  40 minutes north of St. Louis across the Big Mo, and Mississippi.  20 minutes from Olin-Winchester in East Alton, IL  Pay is a little less than Sacramento, but property is 20-25% of what it costs here in SAC!  Utilities and gas are cheaper, too.  Made four trips back in about 13 months, spent a week each time.  Time to go home.  Here is an excerpt from my post in the ghost riders forum:

"... as I am uncertain if I will continue cowboy shooting (now IPSC with cowboy hats) when I move. So I decided to invest in non-CAS guns leaning towards hinting again...

...A Marlin Cowboy in any caliber is twice (or more) than a Marlin 94 or 336 in non-cas form.  There were 336s for $250ish.  There were used non-CAS $200 to $270 pumps galore, though hammered ones (97s or clones) were 2-3 times that.  Revolvers and autos used and new were more plentiful and much more reasonable than the average cas gun...

...THIS IS NUTS!!!!!!!!  Not only has CAS turned into IPSC with cowboy hats, it has become even more expensive than IPSC.  I could get a 9x21 Racegun with optic sights for the cost of just an Ubeti CAS rifle alone..."

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Major 2

Quote from: Tuolumne Lawman on September 28, 2006, 04:17:23 PM
Howdy,

" Nope, it's not roll engraved.  I don't think any R&Ds are. "

yepper, mine is  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Ottawa Creek Bill

Tuolumne Lawman said:
Quote...THIS IS NUTS!!!!!!!!  Not only has CAS turned into IPSC with cowboy hats, it has become even more expensive than IPSC.  I could get a 9x21 Racegun with optic sights for the cost of just an Ubeti CAS rifle alone..."

Tuolumne,
NCOWS has two classes that use two guns only, usually a rifle and a pistol. Those classes are Working Cowboy and Original Class. There are a bunch of NCOWS members not far from you. If you make it to the NRA convention in St. Louis next april, stop by our booth.

Bill Proctor, aka-Ottawa Creek Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Be-A-triss Bandit

Howdy!
Good luck in your new home.
Only 'cause it was asked and I'm still a Highpower guy;  DCM is Director of Civilian Marksmanship.  www.odcmp.com  It's not run by the Army any more.  In 1996 Congress chartered it as Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice & Firearms Safety, Inc.  Still run out of Anniston Depot, though.  If you think CAS has become IPSC, Highpower is an equipment race!  Even the "as issued" matches have $3k, professionally tuned M1s now.  But you can shoot Krags if you want to harp back to the 1890s.
Anyhow, I recieved an M1 and '03 Springfield 3 weeks after I mailed the forms in.  And they deliver FedEx to your front door.  Nice, but not six shooters.
Now I'll try to stick with the 19th century. 
BB

Black River Smith

Jerseyville is not that far.  Try checking into shoots at Highland and Mount Vernon, Ill.  if you are still interested.  As OCB stated NCOWS is not that far, just not in St. Louis proper besides me.  I am certain you know the laws there, with their card system and shotgun slug only deer hunting.

Well welcome back to the Midwest.  St. Louis has been my only home even though I have travelled to most every region and enjoyed them.
Black River Smith

Tuolumne Lawman

I'll be shootinbg a Rat Rifle, like I used to 15 years ago.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Black River Smith

Ok, I give.  What is a Rat Rifle?  I knew some guys from Kaskaskia Island/Chester that loved their 97's but what is a Rat Rifle?
Black River Smith

Tuolumne Lawman

AT the club in Sonora where I shot DCM matches with my AR15, the Garand shooters called ARs Rat rifles, as they said they were only good for shooting rats.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Be-A-triss Bandit

Lawman,
We call 'em "mouse guns"; samo-samo.  You can still shoot Highpower and CAS, many do.  There's somthing about shooting over the course and the comraderie that satisfies.  The singular concentration for sixty seconds or twenty minutes.  It's different than CAS and a different social atmosphere.  Less time for socializin' during a Highpower match and more talk about triggers and loads than "Where'd you get the neat boots?"
B

Tuolumne Lawman

I guess I'll keep the R&D cylinder after all.  I still have the 1872 Open Top in 45 Colt, the 56-50 Spencer Carbine, and soon a Henry (yes, I decided to get the Henry for re-enacting also).  If I do decide to start up CAS in ILL, I'll only need to pick up a cheap double shotgun.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Major 2

Almost the same as mine...

72 OT 
R&D 1860 Army
Henry
Spencer

also The USPFA Richards & soon I hope My Type II...

and I really like my TTn SXS....

Maybe we'll meet at the NCOWS Convention in St. Louis.  ???

Tuolumne Lawman

Major

Actually I had a TTN, but sold it to Judge Hemp when I decided to quit CAS!  Hahaha! All great minds.....

PS, howcome you added the "2" to your name?
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Major 2

actually I removed the  "31"

Major 231 = Major 2  because I was not the only Major here  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com