Need NCOWS items for Wild West Fest this Saturday

Started by doccarson, September 11, 2006, 05:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doccarson

I just got a call from a little town up here in NW Ohio that is going to have a Wild West Fest this Sat. the 16th and would like our club to come and give the fest an old west flair. I know that it is late notice but is there anything that NCOWS can send to pass out and to use for raffle prizes?

Thanks for the help,
Doc Carson
Rep. Defiance Justice Society

Trap

I'm going out on a limb here , but how about a first time membership for a prize.  Jack???
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

doccarson

Trap,
That was one of my ideas. Would like to still get some other things to hand out and raffle. Draw them in with trinkets and keep them here with substance.
Doc

Lone Gunman

I think Dr Bob might want to send some "Vote for Dr Bob" campaign buttons & bumper stickers.   
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

doccarson

Well, I have tried e-mails, phone calls and posting here with out any serious helpful reply. It looks like my call for help from NCOWS has fallen on deaf ears. I at least had hoped to get NCOWS info to pass out to intersted people to get them involved in our great sport. Looks like I am on my own. Oh well, I know I can count on me.

Irish Dave

Not so fast, there pard. ???  ;) 

Your request has been considered by the E-Committee and a decision reached to assist. I'd guess the appropriate officer has perhaps not yet contacted you but your request did not fall on "deaf ears" and has been acted upon.

If you don't hear anything by tomorrow, send me an e-mail or a PM.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Lone Gunman

Doc,
A gift certificate for a years free membership was put in the mail to you this afternoon, that's less than 24 hours from the time you asked. You're at the mercy of the post office now.  ;) 
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

doccarson

LG,
I do appreciate the help and will grovel at your boots at a later date. Too little sleep and too many things to do has a tendency to make one get stupid on the computer.
Thanks again!
Doc

Yuma Kid

doccarson,
Don't forget that posses are entitled to a reimbursement of up to $100 for NCOWS promotional cost at gun shows and the like.  Just turn in your receipts to the Banker (me).  And  not trying to be smart or a wiseguy but please remember that the CAS City forum is not affiliated with NCOWS officially.  The correct way to contact the editor or secretary (or any member of the congress or E-Committee) is through the NCOWS website e-mail system or by calling the NCOWS office.
Yuma
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

doccarson

Yuma,
I had tried the NCOWS site and kept getting error messages every time I tried to send.  For the last week I have been working 16hr shifts in the hospital and no one would want me to call them on my breaks(0000hrs & 00400hrs). The one time I could call it rang 8 times with no reply. Not trying to cause problems, just needed help and this wire was last resort. I have told the fest people for next year that I need more notice that what was given. I am a one man show up here in Ohio surrounded by people who think shoots are put on by the great farie and who are SASS speed freaks. Nothing against SASS but it just ain't for me anymore. If there is anything I can do on this end to help improve NCOWS let me know and I will dive in head first(that way I won't hurt myself).
Doc

Trap

Doc,
How did the event go? Who won the membership? ect. ect.    jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

doccarson

An update from the Wild West Fest in Liberty Center,Ohio on Sat the 16th. I passed out over 500 pamphlets to people who showed intrest, had a hand painted banner for The Defiance Justice Society, gave gun safety lessons to kids with rubber band guns that they got to keep after they passed, gave talks on "History vs Hollywood" and also on the history that firearms and the people that carried them played on NW Ohio. Also got to have some gunfights in the middle of town both Hollywood with the walk down and history with the time honered back shooting, even got to help the local cops grab a purse snatcher (I scared him more than they did, I had bigger guns is what they said he told them). The NCOWS membership went to a very deserving cowboy shooter that was the only person to come and help out named John George, he is a SASS member but is tired of the raceguns. In November I have been asked to go to THE Defiance Collage and teach a class for the history department on The History Of the Gun in NW Ohio, should be a good time. It was a long day and wiped out part of my personal checkbook but I have already signed on for next year( now I have a year notice, lot better than a week),  next year will be Civil War Border Battle. I am already working on my talks and demos on cap and ball revolvers.

Doc

Ottawa Creek Bill

Doc,
Give us the date, and keep us posted, maybe some of us over here in Indiana can make to Ohio next year and give you a hand...I used to do the Piqua reenactment every year in the late "70's" and "80's". We had a set up in the vendors area and I used to help out an old Chippewa friend from Minnesota who has long passed since then.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Trap

Doc , Sounds like you did an outstanding program, good job!    jt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Dr. Bob

Howdy Doc,

Sounds like you had a great time and certainly did NCOWS proud!  Thanks for your hard work.

Regards,

Dr. Bob
that other Dr.
Candidate for NCOWS Senate
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Yuma Kid

Doc,
Don't forget to send me your receipts, maybe I can ease that strain on your checkbook.  Posses are allowed up to $100 in reimbursement for promoting NCOWS at Gun shows, etc.
Yuma
THE BANKER
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

Irish Dave

Sounds like all went well, Doc.
Congrats and thanks from the outfit.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Major 2

Quote from: doccarson on September 21, 2006, 09:48:53 AM
An update from the Wild West Fest in Liberty Center,Ohio on Sat the 16th. I passed out over 500 pamphlets to people who showed intrest, had a hand painted banner for The Defiance Justice Society, gave gun safety lessons to kids with rubber band guns that they got to keep after they passed, gave talks on "History vs Hollywood" and also on the history that firearms and the people that carried them played on NW Ohio. Also got to have some gunfights in the middle of town both Hollywood with the walk down and history with the time honered back shooting, even got to help the local cops grab a purse snatcher (I scared him more than they did, I had bigger guns is what they said he told them). The NCOWS membership went to a very deserving cowboy shooter that was the only person to come and help out named John George, he is a SASS member but is tired of the raceguns. In November I have been asked to go to THE Defiance Collage and teach a class for the history department on The History Of the Gun in NW Ohio, should be a good time. It was a long day and wiped out part of my personal checkbook but I have already signed on for next year( now I have a year notice, lot better than a week),  next year will be Civil War Border Battle. I am already working on my talks and demos on cap and ball revolvers.

Doc

That is a great idea ....gave gun safety lessons to kids with rubber band guns that they got to keep after they passed

I think I want to incorperate that in to mine...

Where did you get the Rubberband guns ? I've seen repeaters somewhere looked something like a revolver .
when planets align...do the deal !

doccarson

Yuma,
This one was my treat, I may take you up on it next year.

Major,
Found them at Dollar Tree. They gave me a discount, I had to wipe out the supply from six stores. It is not every day that someone comes in wanting to buy 250 rubber band guns at the last minute.

Doc

Major 2

We have a Dollar Tree. ...thanks I give it a try.

I got to tell ya .. I looked on line

I saw the 144 shot Gatlin Gun RBG  :) that thing is cool !
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com