Dark Lord

Started by Noz, August 25, 2006, 05:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

My involvement with black goes back to the early 1950s when the only gun I had to hunt with was an 1836 musket that had been poorly converted to percussion. "Some" powder(I poured it out in the palm of my hand), a wad of toilet paper and a plastic envelope of copper coated BBs was the load. If you could get the cap to fire it was a real bunny devastator.
Skip to 1967 and a 38 Dixie rifle was purchased while setting at my desk in Long Bihn in the land of the little brown brothers.
Last venture was a 50 CVA kit in the late 80s.

Not to be presumptious but I lust after the title of Dark Lord.
I'll shoot my first full match with the Holy Black this coming weekend.
Do I have to call my self a grey knight or a slightly dirty squire or can I jump to Dark Lord immediately?

44caliberkid

I'd say you're a Dark Lord when you answer more questions on this forum than you ask.

Cuts Crooked

This comes up every once in a while so I'll give ya the short answer:

You are a Darksider right now. That means you use black powder or a sub in all your CAS loadings. To become a Dark Lord of the Soot you must first take an apprentice and teach him the ways of the Dark Side as pertains to CAS.
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

hellgate

There are a lot of "lay preachers" in this here religion so the criteria is a little undefined for Soot Lord. We're all still learnin' so just when you figger you've got it down another interesting situation pops up and yer befuddled and come back to the alter for salvation (i.e. ask the wire for advice). Answering more questions (correctly) than you ask sounds pretty good though.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Cuts Crooked

no, really...you have to take an apprentice to become a Dark Lord! Seriously! This was established about 5 years ago. Check with Sergant Smokepole, he was in on the process of deciding what the criteria were when we were working it out on the SASS Wire back then.
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Arcey

Quote from: Cuts Crooked on August 25, 2006, 08:00:21 PM
You are a Darksider right now. That means you use black powder or a sub in all your CAS loadings. To become a Dark Lord of the Soot you must first take an apprentice and teach him the ways of the Dark Side as pertains to CAS.

OK...  I done done that.  It was Tom.  Soooooooo proud of 'im.  He's werkin' ta perfect colored smoke now.

Whut's the next step?  Ain't kneelin' afore no body wit no damned sword.  I'll stay an Underlord........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Noz

I can live with that definition.  A least have a start on that. Started Grandson and Son in law and then passed them on to Grapeshot and Oracle in PA.
Shot the first shoot today. Didn't do as well as I would have done with my Rugers but did not embarrass myself. Was really astounded on the first stage when my rifle targets disappeared. I kinda shot where I thought they ought to be.
Had two mis-fires. Using Remington #11s. Are CCIs hotter?

Paladin UK

Hmmmmm....
Now,... I have conveted TWO pards ta the ..........Dark Side ;D

Soooooooooooo............. ::)

Does that make me a Dark/Soot Lord 1st Class or somthin ???

Paladin (Whats Gotta know ;)) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

J.J. Ferrett

Hmmm... Does teaching yourself count??

plus....
QuoteTo become a Dark Lord of the Soot you must first take an apprentice and teach him the ways of the Dark Side as pertains to CAS.
needs a little clarification.
Firstly, must the Padawan be a shooter of the 'Unholy Fad Powder'?
How long is the 'apprenticeship'?
Does the use of a Ruger Old Army automatically invalidate your Apprenticeship?
Are there any persons on here willing to take on a Padawan? Or at least administer a 'hazing' or 'test of knowledge'?

Enquiring minds need to know.

JJ the inquisitive.
"There are two types of people in this world:
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Cuts Crooked

Uh, your padawan must be an aspiring Darksider. (I don't think teaching yourself counts though) Thats all you need, ya don't have to bring him all the way up to Dark Lord status, just teach him/her. Then yer a Dark Lord. Simple as that. 8)
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914

Dick Dastardly

In the ways of the soot, there's a lots of ways to ge involved.  But, getting another shooter involved, or even better yet, committed to shooting the One True Powder is the true path to becoming a soot lord.  It's really a rather loosely defined fraternity and the rules of rank are not cut in stone.  But, the brotherhood recognizes and cherishes it's own.

One thing universal in attaining rank is the spreading of the Word and the care and nurturing of fledgling Darksiders.  Glory and responsability accrue soon enuf.  I do think it's time for ya to start wearin' the black shash tho. . . .

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Noz

Whoooo! Black Sash? Tell me more. I thought it was red wild rags? What the heck? Maybe do both?

J.J. Ferrett

Black sash... kewl..
Waist or 'shoulder sash'

Does this also mean that the Dark Ladies get to wear a little black sash? if so, can we have pics pls?
"There are two types of people in this world:
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Dick Dastardly

Somewhere, a long time ago and far far away, I saw a post on whut sash colors mean whut.  We Darksiders get black.  Mine is black with a purple stripe for BPGF.  Whut the heck, it's all great fun.

I do think red is for something else tho.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Dai.S.Loe

Quote from: J.J. Ferrett on August 28, 2006, 03:53:14 PM
Black sash... kewl..
Waist or 'shoulder sash'

Does this also mean that the Dark Ladies get to wear a little black sash? if so, can we have pics pls?

JJ,

If you check with Mizz Lou I think you will find that our Ladies of the Soot have deemed themselves "Soot Sisters" and wear a purple ostrich feather, presumably on their head attire. ;D

Dai
The "Darkside" means never having to see the targets you miss.

Adirondack Jack

Generally I just "wear" black streaks on my shirt front and call it good :)
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Wills Point Pete

Well, I am workin' on bein' a soot hog, shootin' only the .45s and the 12 gauge with 250 grain boolits in the .45s and an ounce and 3/8s in the mule ear double.
My family came to this side of the water to get away from Lords. I am gettin' me a black sash, though as I lost a bit of weight and now have to hold my gunbelt up with a set of construction worker tool belt suspenders.

Noz

Since I am only an humble Darksider, I think I'll find some black garters to wear as sleeve garters to indicate my powder color of choice.
I ran all sorts of searches yesterday here and on the Wire to find any indication of colored sashes to indicate cvatagories.
No luck?

Arcey

Don't wear me no sash.....  Pull the trigger 'n remove all doubt.........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on August 29, 2006, 08:29:49 AM
Don't wear me no sash.....  Pull the trigger 'n remove all doubt.........

and a he he he he,           then Grin ;D
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com