What's wrong with you people?

Started by Noz, August 15, 2006, 10:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

I've been lurking and posting here for 60 days or so and haven't seen any one lose their temper, flame or attempt to impress anyone with their superior knowledge.
Is it possible that this forum is actually made up of gentlemen?

Arcey

Quote from: NozzleRag on August 15, 2006, 10:27:32 AM

Whutcha tryin' ta do?  Start a fight by insultin' folks by suggestin' theys might be gentlemen?

HA!!
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Howdy Doody

Yeah, I know. Some of us can't even post on TOB any more unless it is on a neutral thread and even then who knows who will come out of the woodwork.  ;D ;D
Talkin' about experiences with BP is about my most favorite topic it seems. Know it alls don't seem to frequent this spread much. Talkin' round the fire about things that interest each other without bustin' someones chops or acting like a guru on any subject is in keeping with good friends and people that ride the river together.

Thanks Marshal.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Silver Creek Slim

Some of us are gentlemen and some of us ain't.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on August 15, 2006, 11:53:32 AM
Some of us are gentlemen and some of us ain't. 

'n then theres them Newbrasski yankees........................

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Dick Dastardly

SHHHHHHHHH!!  Don't tell.  I could lose my Dastardly handle. . .

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

J.J. Ferrett

Hey... I aint a gentleman... I'm a Brit!!!!!

You hit it on the head though... Pards on here are friendly, knowledgeable and polite.
"There are two types of people in this world:
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Paladin UK

Yeah..... yer right on the money there pard,

Even us on the other side (of the pond that is!!) tend ta be kinda friendly, `ceptin,  Ol Ned Pepper, `specially like when he brakes wind he moves away reeeel fast `n blames it on `nother pard!! (Usually me! ;D).!!

Paladin (What lurvs the Hoooly Black :D) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Marshal harpoluke

;D

Ah shucks, You is giving Us Ner do Well's a good name. :o

;D :D ;D
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

sundance44`s

Don`t say that too loud floks around here think i`m a grumpy old fart .  :-\
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

ColonelFlashman

Quote from: NozzleRag on August 15, 2006, 10:27:32 AM
I've been lurking and posting here for 60 days or so and haven't seen any one lose their temper, flame or attempt to impress anyone with their superior knowledge.

Just give it a chance, Olde boy, someones Bound to misinterprit something someone states here, its happened in the past.
You just haven't been around long enough, but this IS a Friendlier Bunch then on any Other Forum on the Net.
Colonel Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE USMH;
Colonel 17th Lancers Staff Political Officer;
Staff Corp Commander & D.o.P. Command Staff
WartHog, Pistolero & Mounted Shootist
:uk:  :usa:  :canada:  :dixie:  :ausie:

Smokin Gun

Mosby's Rangers
43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.
SASS# 19634
http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

rifle

Puzzled. There's gurus,know it alls, people trying to impress with thier superior knowledge ect ect mentioned. In a negative way. That's why I'm puzzled. I like those "un-gentlemanly" know it alls". Most of what I have learned in life came from experiences and "know it all's. I like learning new stuff. I like sharing what I've learned with others so in a way I may help someone have a better "quality of shooting life". Let's see. If I want to come off as a gentleman I have to act like everyone else knows more than me so I don't offend anyone? That's ludicris. Did I spell that right? hee hee  ;D When on other forums people are thankful if I help them with a problem or share some good knowledge with them. Also I'm appreciative when some "know it all" or "guru" helps me witrh a problem or takes the time to share some knowledge. Is it this is like a forum akin to people sitting around the pot belly stove in the hardware store shootin the breeze and the people don't want to feel like they are in school or something? I read here from time to time and even post at times. I've never felt diminished in any way when I read something good about cleaning guns or shooting guns or loading ammo or lubing bullets or ect.ect.ect. I'm puzzled. If I'm puzzled and am showing confusion about something ,which is admitting a certain amount of stupidity,does that make me more popular and unthreatening? Now I may disagree with a person and say so but I never make a description of a personal trait a person may have. Never judge the person personally. Just judge the info they may be putting forth. That's a gentleman to me. Someone that doesn't attack the person. Maybe attack the info they put forth but never the person.

Noz

There is a huge difference between "know it alls" and those who know a lot.
The second catagory is what makes this forum fly.

rifle

I don't understand the difference. Is a "know it all" a person that knows a lot and won't listen to others? Won't consider the ideas or opinions of others and condemns others attempts to explain their position?  Shows condesending traits when responding to others ? Could a know it all be someone that takes the pulpit and sprews knowledge in a "bragging" way? Could a "know it all" be a person that shows no empathy for the people listening to them trying to understand what is being said?

Manyirons

SHEESH!

Ya spend YEARS buildin up a BAD reputation an somebody like this comes mosyin along an blows it in one post?!?!?!?!?! ;D

Dick Dastardly

Hey, it's the moderators.  I've had the great experience of jawin' with Cuts.  He is a true Gentleman.  Irish Tom and Cuts Crooked run a great board here.  Also, they have a good Troll control.  The Marshall don't cotton to no bad mouthing either and sets a good example with his own words.  All in all, they create a great atmosphere for a relaxed and informative place to share the stuff that makes our sport fun.

That, and the fact that most of us are closet cranks just spoilin' for a good scrap. . . ;D ;D ;D  Gotta keep up that Dastardly image.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Arcey

What I've enjoyed so much, going back to the mailing list days:

Ya try something out of the main stream.  Ya keep careful notes.  Ya reach a conclusion.  Ya report the details on the board.

Then someone who hasn't seen the results will chime in 'n tell ya whut ya did won't work.............

Dick, ya ARE dastardly. 'n I see cousin Tom has ya fooled.  Heh, heh, heh.......

El Peludo

:o  Ain't nuthin' wrong with us 'people', Mr. N'Rag.  Sump'n wrong wi' you!!??  ;D

Jus' pokin' the bear.  Pay me no mind.   ::) ;) ;D
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com