EMF/Uberti 1875

Started by BlaiseNSaddles, August 06, 2006, 02:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaiseNSaddles

How do people like these?  The prices seems real good and it would be nice to have something different than the SAA Colt style.

Marshal Will Wingam

I have four Uberti 58's from Taylor's, but I expect that the EMF Ubertis would be as nice. I like shooting them better than anything else I have. Buy one to see how you like it. You'll probably be ordering another one or two in no time, provided they fit your hand. Most people who pick mine up like the feel better than the Colt/clone. Everyone who shoots them comments on the accuracy of them. Now that I think about it, everyone who has shot them has ordered a pair. ;)

I do use the conversion cylinders in mine. It makes them really great for CAS matches.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Old Top

BlaiseNSaddles,

I have two of the 1875 and like them quite a bit, had some minor problem with one but it was fixed on the spot by EMF have about 1000 rounds through them and they are working like a champ.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Sod Buster

I have one so far in addition to my two Uberti 1858 C&Bs.

I have only shot it at two matches so far and the cylinder doesn't spin too freely and the cylinder pin is extremely hard to pull out.  Having said that I have yet to have it lock up on me since I am shooting only Goex through it.  A little spritz of Moosemilk after stage three helps get me through the day.  Upon a suggestion from a fellow shooter, I am plannng to run some emery over the cylinder pin to hopefully help the cylinder spin more freely.  After only about 60 rounds so far (two matches) I find it very comfortable to hold and very accurate right out of the box.

I am buying a second one soon so that I have a pair to play with.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Jubal Starbuck

I have two '75's in .44-40 caliber, both with the 7.5" barrel.  I like them very well and shoot 'em with black powder loads as well as APP on occasion. I did polish the cylinder pins and do a little minor stoning of burrs, but so far I have had no breakage or problems with them. One wears a pair of Old Ivory Checkered Star grips from River Junction Trade Co. and the other a pair of checkered black hard rbber type grips from Vintage Grips.  They are both thinner than the factory wood grips and I like 'em better.  Been shooting them about 4 years and I am glad I got 'em.

Regards,

Jubal Starbuck
Darksider
SCORRS
NCOWS

Papa Bear

I have five of the M1875's.  Three in .44-40 with 7 1/2" barrels which are my main match pistols when I shoot cartridge and two in .357 with 5 1/2" barrels when I shoot gunfighter.  All of them perform with out any problems after a small bit of slicking up.  I have been shooting them for five years with black powder loads.   
Papa Bear

Soot Lord

Protect Your Rights to Keep and Arm Bears

Grapeshot

I've got two 1875's, a 5.5 inch and a 7.5 inch.  Had new cylinders made for them to shoot .44 Colt out of.  A 240 grain RN and a case full of APP and BOOM.  Steel Plates go clang, Clay pidgeons shatter, and best of all, lots of smoke.
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com