Slow day at the ranch.

Started by Dick Dastardly, August 05, 2006, 05:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Dastardly

Lawn got mowed, boolits got cast, dawg taken for a run, new cross sticks made up.

But, I didn't SHOOT!!  Came down with some kind of crud last Thursday.  Improving now, but it kept me from SHOOTING!!

All the smooth lawns, cast boolits, healthy dawgs and new shootin' sticks combined don't make no SMOKE and FLAMES!

This won't happen again even if I have to shoot from a hospital bed.  Even sounds like a good stage to write.

I gotta SHOOT!!

The bunnys on the south lawn are gonna get some Holy Black medicine tonight.  I'm gonna SHOOT!!

DD, who don't like wastin' a Saturday, DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

litl rooster

I am feeling it too.............Being gainfully employeed it's hard to get off Saturdays before noon..............Werking is a waste of valuable shooting time
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Modoc

DD, 

I feel your pain my Brother :).

Have Daddy duty, 'cause Sierra took the youth-group on an outing.  Kurt N. Kleimer and I went to the local gun show instead.  That was good guy time together, but it really put a crimp in getting to try out the new shotgun (which he wants already ::)).

Regards
Modoc

"He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest"
SUDDS, SCORRS, Retired Warthog, Sometime Gunfighter, and Soot Deliante

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on August 05, 2006, 06:01:49 PM
Werking is a waste of valuable shooting time

Ain't that the truth...but at least it provides the greenbacks to pay for new toys.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Hell-Er High Water

DD,

I have those day too; it must be a "Senior" thing.  Some days I just feel like I have the "Chinese Dropsy".  That's where all the iron in your blood turns to lead and settles in your a**.  It passes and pretty soon you're back to normal.

Keep your powder dry.

HHW

Delmonico

I usually use Nitro powder on pesky wabbits, the 22 Hornet Low-Wall (rebarreled Winchester, not no Browning) works well, but it make me wonder what that 330 Gould Hp out of the Sharps at 1375 fps would do to one. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Hell-Er High Water

If all that you want left is wabbit ears and hare hole the Gould 45 HP works well.

HHW

Delmonico

This time of year yes, that's what I want, enough shock power to kill the fleas off.  BTW a 110 Hornaday Hp in a 270 cranked max, up on a base of the tail shot puts hair (hare) 10 feet up on the siding of the barn. :P
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Steel Horse Bailey

I was thinkin' that some of the "wabbit" medicine loads might be explosive in nature.  10 ft up the barn wall?  My point persackly!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Delmonico

Wabbits is vermints till after a good freeze. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Dick Dastardly

We been eatin' out of the garden and so have the critters.  My "ranch" is in the city, but uniquely located on the south side of the tracks on a dead end road.  Onlyist place on that road south of the tracks.  Used to be the old Sun Prairie Trap Club.  Five and a half acers that the farmer, a friend of mine, didn't want to go to a certain high rolling developer.  I bought it on the condition that I'd build my house there and not subdivide it.

So, I have a 5-1/2 acer "ranch" that drops away into whut the DNR calls 100 year flood plain.  In other words, nobody can build around me.  However, I do have "lake front" property about twice a year.  The ducks love it. ;D

We got deer, turkeys, rabbits, coon, possom, squirrels, skunks, ground hogs, geese, ducks, phesant and the odd stray cow that all compete for our garden.  I'm starting to think of it as a "bait" for stuff I kin shoot from the upstairs window. ;D ;D

Dawg thinks I  never miss.  I should take him to a match cept he'd retrieve the steel varments.  Dawg, named Bear, is a 125 pound two year young black lab.

Anyway, it rained like a cow peein' on a flat rock this morning so I couldn't go shootn' again.  Dang!!

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

litl rooster

I wished it would have rained here today, My guns need cleaned :o
Mathew 5.9

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on August 06, 2006, 07:35:24 PM
I wished it would have rained here today, My guns need cleaned :o

Yup. There's nothing like shootin' and havin' your guns cleaned by the rain...all at the same time.  ::)
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Silver Creek Slim

I was very tempted, but I restrained myself yesterday. I got about 20 yards from them 'fore they took aflight. The wheat fields behind my house were harvested last week. That is what is attracting them.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Noz

Shoot em, Slim. Around here, they's varmints.

Silver Creek Slim

I consider 'em varmints, too. But, the WI DNR thinks otherwise.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Dick Dastardly

Hey Slim,

Think yer mighty 10 cud flatten a few?

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Silver Creek Slim

Adirondack Jack

Sounds like a good case for a smooth bore .22 and some BB caps, because sometimes ya gotta be vewwy vewwy kwiet when hunting wabbits   ;D  (DNR ain't buying yer groceries are they?)
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com